Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kimblesb
    • By kimblesb 10th Mar 17, 11:54 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kimblesb
    Reclaiming from Argos additions
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:54 AM
    Reclaiming from Argos additions 10th Mar 17 at 11:54 AM
    Hi, I was wondering who I would write to about finding out about claiming back ppi from the Argos additions catalogue. I had this years ago and I'm sure I had ppi on the account? The catalogue is no longer around so had a look and saw it was with Shop direct, who have no customer service details.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by kimblesb; 10-03-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 19,565 Posts
    • 9,674 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    Argos is not and was never Shop Direct.

Shop Direct is/was Littlewoods.

Argos continues...
    • minxxy72
    • By minxxy72 22nd Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    minxxy72
    • 22nd Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 22nd Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    Argos Additions was launched in January 2001. In January 2004, Argos Additions was bought by Shop Direct Group (previously Littlewoods plc). Their name then changed from Argos Additions to Additions Direct until 2009 when Very was introduced.

I also had an Argos Additions account and Very (Shop Direct) were only able to go back as far as April 2003, I seem to recall that the account numbers changed too. It's worth a shot contacting Argos themselves and seeing if you can claim the PPI back
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 22nd Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 35,583 Posts
    • 45,814 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 22nd Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 22nd Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    No such thing as 'claiming back'
    You make a complaint about the way it was sold to you and you need to have proof that backs your complaint up .

If you are not sure if you had ppi , how can you say it was miss sold ??
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,169Posts Today

7,769Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin