Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 7
    • movingonup2018
    • By movingonup2018 6th Jan 18, 12:26 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    movingonup2018
    Much quicker than expected
    After firstly being told by a rude woman at Countrywide Mortages that we would never get a mortgage (had no interest in actually trying to assist) and being let down by Aldermore we went with Kensington (via local Broker) and I was expecting a real hassle after spending hours reading this forum. However I was very pleased to receive our written offer within 2 weeks (this included us being on holiday just after we submitted application so would have been quicker). We are only using them due to us both being self employed with only one years account, no adverse credit, in fact pretty good credit history so I think that made the difference.

We sent and were asked for -
    Three month bank statements (just for personal accounts not business)
    Landlord details although they never contacted him
    Details of house purchase (new build)
    Help to Buy Authority To Proceed (this delayed things due to me not scanning a page properly)
    SA302's and Tax Year Overview
    Copy of passports

I was expecting loads of questions about everything and anything and the only thing they came back and asked for was proof of me living at my house for another year as they couldn't see it on the Electoral Roll, I sent them an old bank statement and job done.

Within a week of the application being submitted they had done the valuation and within two weeks we had the offer. To be honest I am still gobsmacked it was so easy. We did for three months beforehand amend our spending habits via bank statements, I did this by mainly using my Amex card for anything above low spending. I was worried they would ask for credit card statements as they could see balances but thankfully they did not. We also paid off all credit cards we could well in advance so they showed a nil balance on the credit file and I closed lots of accounts we were not using. I think it all paid off in the end and that is mainly thanks to this forum and lots of research, I wanted it to be as painless as possible. Now hopefully in a few years of further trading we can get a better rate with a high street lender.

It is also worth noting they only check Equifax, it states this on the offer and I also check all three agencies every few days and they definitely don't check any others which is useful information.

Good luck everyone, there is hope!
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 6th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    feekerry
    They asked us for 3 months bank statements. Our application took us into the next calendar month but they never asked for that
    • Michaelwoolrich
    • By Michaelwoolrich 11th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michaelwoolrich
    How many people were asked for an employment reference? Or was the 3 month pay slips ok for them.
    • beau6601
    • By beau6601 14th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beau6601
    Anybody know how long the valuation takes to get booked in, we have been waiting on them to book it for a few weeks, we are about 5 weeks in to the process.
    • beau6601
    • By beau6601 14th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beau6601
    I meant put few days not weeks, just keen to find out if it's a yes or no, the waiting is the worst.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,565Posts Today

5,685Users online

Martin's Twitter