Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 1
    • obay
    • By obay 10th Mar 17, 7:30 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    obay
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:30 AM
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:30 AM
    Our Kenstington mortgage took a total of 6 weeks to complete, the last week was the valuation on the Monday, and then the offer came through on Friday.

6 weeks that they took to underwrite our mortgage that we wanted.

They ask for a ton of paper work on week 1 and week 2, little bits of paper work through to valuation then they make they're choice.

9/10 if you didn't get declined at credit search, you'll more then likely be placed for valuation then your offer is in your hands. (as this is what happened with us).
    1/12/16 - £152,599.00
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 11:15 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bunneroo
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:15 AM
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:15 AM
    Thank you- we are about to start week 4 and nothing has been asked for... this silence is driving me mad. Glad it worked out for you.
    • Ashlea9175
    • By Ashlea9175 3rd May 17, 7:44 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ashlea9175
    • 3rd May 17, 7:44 PM
    • 3rd May 17, 7:44 PM
    Hi I'm in the same boat at the moment and it's driving me crazy. Did yeverything go ok.? Hoping it's not much longer now.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 3rd May 17, 7:47 PM
    • 14,913 Posts
    • 7,505 Thanks
    ACG
    • 3rd May 17, 7:47 PM
    • 3rd May 17, 7:47 PM
    Kensington do usually get there, they are just ridiculous when it comes to underwriting. I always pre-warn my clients if we use kensington (and one or 2 other lenders) that they will make it hard work and that it is not a sign of their application being a bad one, it is just kensington being a nightmare for everyone.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Molly1996
    • By Molly1996 3rd Jun 17, 10:28 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Molly1996
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:28 AM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:28 AM
    Hi, I'm awaiting a reply from Kensington too, passed DIP with tsb but failed application so now trying kensington.

They have asked for so much paperwork! I'm recently self employed (2 years) and my partner had adverse credit hence Kensington. Only a couple of old defaults Nothing over about £500 all settled but one which drops off next year.

Are they quite lenient? We've passed application just awaiting underwriters decision but they keep asking for more and more paperwork - I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. They are taking a really long time every time we submit more paperwork they take 6 days to review it and the estate agents are pestering me to get the valuation booked. Any experiences?

Thanks
    • ACG
    • By ACG 3rd Jun 17, 10:54 AM
    • 14,913 Posts
    • 7,505 Thanks
    ACG
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:54 AM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:54 AM
    Hi, I'm awaiting a reply from Kensington too, passed DIP with tsb but failed application so now trying kensington.

They have asked for so much paperwork! I'm recently self employed (2 years) and my partner had adverse credit hence Kensington. Only a couple of old defaults Nothing over about £500 all settled but one which drops off next year.

Are they quite lenient? We've passed application just awaiting underwriters decision but they keep asking for more and more paperwork - I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. They are taking a really long time every time we submit more paperwork they take 6 days to review it and the estate agents are pestering me to get the valuation booked. Any experiences?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Molly1996
    My post above yours should answer your question
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • ajhoyle
    • By ajhoyle 5th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajhoyle
    • 5th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    Hi, we are also applying with kensington. We subbmitted full application 2 weeks ago and last week they requested documents. What other information have they requested from you? We have been asked for wage slips, accountants reference, mortgage statements... waiting is driving me crazy!!!
    • Ashlea9175
    • By Ashlea9175 6th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ashlea9175
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    Kensington
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    Hi
    I thought I would keep you updated as all Iv done is search for help and there isn't a lot of threads on Kensington. So we got our DIP in march and bought the house on the 6th April 2017. We then sent of all paperwork and on 31st May the Valuation was done. I am still waiting for an offer from them. It's driving me crazy so worried there going to say no. Anyway Iv emailed them and hopefully I should have an offer by the end of the week so I will keep you up to date. But up to now it's been 9 weeks x
    • Ajhoyle
    • By Ajhoyle 6th Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ajhoyle
    Ahhh they are so slow. Fingers crossed you have it this see. What docs did you send? We've sent
    3 wage slips and p60
    Accountants reference
    Mortgage statement

Did they request anything else from you?
    Thankyou
    • alfed
    • By alfed 7th Jun 17, 6:28 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfed
    Hi
    Just thought I would join forum.
    Story so far.
    DIP with kensington 02 May 2017
    Found house offer accepted on 03 May 2017.
    Full application with docs sent in through broker and paid £400 valuation fee on 25 May 2017.
    Documents requested where 3 months personal statements,3 months business statements,mortgage statement with current mortgage balance,3 years SA302s (self employed),proof of deposit from sale of my current house,2 forms of ID.
    They did ask to see docs I already sent the broker last Tuesday which where the proof of deposit from sale,which I think they already had,however it takes them a further 5-6 working days to look at the docs again.
    So currently still waiting,getting hassle of Estate agent for valuation to be done.
    I'll keep you all posted as to the outcome,good luck everyone!��
    • Ajhoyle
    • By Ajhoyle 7th Jun 17, 8:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ajhoyle
    Hi Thankyou hope you hear good news soon did they ask you for all the documents in one go? They only asked us for a few so worrying they're going to ask for more and then add another 6 day SLA onto the request
    • alfed
    • By alfed 8th Jun 17, 12:30 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfed
    Hi
    Yes I went through a broker and the broker advised me to get all the doc's together to reduce the time,this was then checked by a internal team before they sent the full application across to kensington.
    Kensington still asked to see proof of deposit(which i already sent to broker before the app went to kensington)which is going to be from the sale of my current house,this took another 5 days for them to look at.
    I called my broker yesterday and the told me they will have more info on Friday so fingers crossed.
    I think each case is different I'm self employed,so needed to send a bit more info.
    I have found that getting to stressed about it won't get them to give me a mortgage,if it happens it happens if not we'll sometimes that's just life!
    Good luck with your app and I'll keep you updated as to what happens
    • Ajhoyle
    • By Ajhoyle 9th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ajhoyle
    They've finally underwritten what was sent and requested further information from my employer after this is received our valuation will be instructed yeeeeey!
    Hope you've had some good news too.
    • alfed
    • By alfed 10th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfed
    I've been asked for lots more docs.
    Proof of residency for 2015.
    Apparently they said my solicitor isn't suitable However my solicitor has all the accreditations they need and more?so can't get my head round that.
    Also my girlfriend gets her wages paid into my account and child benifit so I've got to explain why in a letter with kensingtons name on it and explain my relationship with my girlfriend.
    I've goto prove where the funds are coming from to clear my credit cards off.
    So at the moment it isn't going great for me.
    I've got a feeling it's going to be a long winded process but on the flip side I havnt been declined......yet
    • alfed
    • By alfed 10th Jun 17, 10:40 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfed
    BTW glad it's going well for you hope you get your house good luck
    • mark55343
    • By mark55343 11th Jun 17, 12:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mark55343
    im also about to do a application with kensington and was wondering if they are happy with the SA302 for the last 3 years or do they want to see buissness accounts awell?

my income is made up of dividends and salary
    • Molly1996
    • By Molly1996 11th Jun 17, 6:32 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Molly1996
    I'm still waiting after they asked for even more paperwork!

Application was submitted on 18th May. They have a 6 day review time scale on every extra bit you sent in. This week they finally satisfied all the documents sent but wanted a letter explaining the reasons why my partners signature had changed slightly from his passport to his application and wanted to know why I pay money in and out of my savings account which holds my deposit!

I made an offer on the property at the beginning of April! I'm now waiting for them to review the last 2 letters, I've booked my valuation to try and keep the estate agents and current owners happy as they probably think I'm messing them about!

All fingers crossed for next week! I want to on an IKEA shopping spree lol.
    • Molly1996
    • By Molly1996 11th Jun 17, 6:34 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Molly1996
    I'm hoping and praying that if they were gna kick me out and say no they would of done it by now �� Tsb said no within a week
    • alfed
    • By alfed 11th Jun 17, 9:17 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfed
    Hi mark
    I'm the same and I sent my last 3 Years SA302s in and 3 years business bank accounts,they havnt asked to see my full company accounts......yet.
    They have asked for so much though,but I've havnt had a no yet so that's good.
    Hope it all goes well for you molly1996 I'm in the same position hope the seller doesn't think I'm messing them about.
    Keep us posted as to when you get your offer if you can or how the valuation pans out
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,737Users online

Martin's Twitter