Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DougConnor
    • By DougConnor 9th Mar 17, 9:48 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DougConnor
    Amazon's fake products and sellers - Is there any legal action I can take?
    • 9th Mar 17, 9:48 PM
    Amazon's fake products and sellers - Is there any legal action I can take? 9th Mar 17 at 9:48 PM
    In the past two months I have tried to buy similar products from seven different vendors on Amazon UK only to have the orders cancelled after between one and four days ("Preparing to ship")? It turns out that all the vendors were probably fake. This has taken up a lot of my time and caused me a great deal of stress - is there any legal recourse that I can take against Amazon?
Page 2
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 11th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 4,055 Thanks
    robatwork
    Can I suggest that you are buying something that inherently lends itself to be sold by fakers and conmen? And therefore very likely to be either scammed or blocked.

I think if you want any meaningful advice you are going to have to tell us what it is you are buying.

You won't though, indeed we will never hear from you again.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 14th May 17, 5:37 PM
    • 2,454 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Fake sellers have swamped Amazon marketplace. I fell for 2 a few weeks ago and have found another offering several hugely discounted new books on my wish lists. Just off the phone from a not awfully pleasant adviser, saying just not to bother buying from them and they do nothing unless you've been done. Do NOT BUY from sellers with no feedback that offer new books discounted, I can not name names or am open to libel action. The good thing is that Amazon refunds any money if you've been duped but it takes an awful long time.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 14th May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 3,134 Posts
    • 3,348 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    Fake sellers have swamped Amazon marketplace. I fell for 2 a few weeks ago and have found another offering several hugely discounted new books on my wish lists. Just off the phone from a not awfully pleasant adviser, saying just not to bother buying from them and they do nothing unless you've been done. Do NOT BUY from sellers with no feedback that offer new books discounted, I can not name names or am open to libel action. The good thing is that Amazon refunds any money if you've been duped but it takes an awful long time.
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    You are only committing libel, if you lie so please do name names.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 14th May 17, 6:31 PM
    • 2,454 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Happygreen
    You are only committing libel, if you lie so please do name names.
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    No, but also if I'm wrong, according to the "pleasant" AZ adviser so I'm appealing to your healthy gut instincts. £ 6.99 gives off a warning light for me now.... If it's too good to be true it will be exactly that. Put it that way - I will no longer support "Just launched" sellers or sellers with ancient feedback, that was another, maybe a hacked profile. I don't understand why people bother as they don't get any money until 30 days later and most folks have started a claim by then...could be a ploy by AZ to make people buy from them rather than marketplace? Don't sue me, AZ!
    Last edited by Happygreen; 14-05-2017 at 6:34 PM.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 14th May 17, 6:40 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    Carrot007
    Method for a happy amazon experience.

1. Always select the prime delivery option. (Not sure if you can as a non prime member though). (I mean as a filter item, not the actual delivery option)/

2. Although with stuff like perfumes (ie the easily faked) I would then only buy direct from amazon.

You find you usualy get the best deals still (and you filter out a lot of the ridiculous high priced chancers!).

And if you don't it's probably because something is dodgy with the much lower priced item.
    Last edited by Carrot007; 14-05-2017 at 6:41 PM. Reason: Califying prime option.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,839Posts Today

4,993Users online

Martin's Twitter