Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • splreece
    • By splreece 9th Mar 17, 5:08 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 3Thanks
    splreece
    DOH! - a parking charge but i have a parking
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:08 PM
    DOH! - a parking charge but i have a parking 9th Mar 17 at 5:08 PM
    hi all, i received a parking charge but i had a ticket. the pics on the chargers site show no ticket on dashboard but i have one that i assume blew onto floor when i shut door... the carpark has cctv so am happy to have that pulled and shown i actually paid it personally (facial matching etc).

all the guidance states to ignore charge and appeal based on signage, but if i have a ticket... how do i go about appealing or should i just enquire straight away???

EDIT - I still have the ticket so there should be no reasons not to retract the charge.
    Last edited by splreece; 09-03-2017 at 5:09 PM. Reason: update
Page 1
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    Whos car park was it?
    what is the name of the parking company that issued the charge?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • splreece
    • By splreece 9th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    splreece
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    nps.... northern parking services... its private comopany and private carpark
    • splreece
    • By splreece 9th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    splreece
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    its in durham Crook Hall Car Park
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    IPC lot then, read the sticky thread about IPC parking issues.
    As for whos car park was it, you said it was a private car park, but whos car park was/is it? what type of car park is it?

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    pappa golf
    was this a car park where you had to enter your car reg number into the machine as you paid
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    this the place? http://crookhallgardens.co.uk/

If so nice and easy, with contact details to boot.
    If you go about it the right way you should be able to get a landowner cancellation - more later...

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 14,629 Posts
    • 23,016 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    the carpark has cctv so am happy to have that pulled and shown i actually paid it personally (facial matching etc).
    Who do you think is going to plough through hours of grainy CCTV action? Facial matching - what's that? Will you be offering to pay whoever it is for their time to go through it all?

This is a £60 speculative parking ticket, not a murder!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 11th Mar 17, 9:17 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    steve1500
    • 11th Mar 17, 9:17 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 9:17 AM
    Who do you think is going to plough through hours of grainy CCTV action? Facial matching - what's that? Will you be offering to pay whoever it is for their time to go through it all?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

You request it under the Data Protection Act Fee is £10 they have to provide. You need to supply a photo & give them a rough time.

If they ignore, report them to the Information Commissioner, who can do them
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 11th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    Half_way
    Does the car park have CCTV, or is it just the usual ANPR set up with cameras on a pole doing no more than reading most of the number plates on vehicles that enter?

• steve1500
    • By steve1500 11th Mar 17, 10:20 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    steve1500
    or is it just the usual ANPR set up with cameras on a pole doing no more than reading most of the number plates on vehicles that enter?
    Originally posted by Half_way

For which, no doubt, they have the appropriate planning permission
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    pappa golf
    post one (now edited) states

" the pics on the chargers site show no ticket on dashboard "

from memory ANPR cameras do not take pictures of dashboards , small men in dirty raincoats sneak out from under bushes with cameras to do this
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 11th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    Half_way
    For which, no doubt, they have the appropriate planning permission
    Originally posted by steve1500
    Whats that? the usual hope no one notices, and then rely on the local councils lack of inertia and confusion over the differences between CCTV and ANPR?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

301Posts Today

2,684Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin