IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DOH! - a parking charge but i have a parking

splreece
splreece Posts: 37
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 9 March 2017 at 5:09PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
hi all, i received a parking charge but i had a ticket. the pics on the chargers site show no ticket on dashboard but i have one that i assume blew onto floor when i shut door... the carpark has cctv so am happy to have that pulled and shown i actually paid it personally (facial matching etc).

all the guidance states to ignore charge and appeal based on signage, but if i have a ticket... how do i go about appealing or should i just enquire straight away???

EDIT - I still have the ticket so there should be no reasons not to retract the charge.

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,022
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Whos car park was it?
    what is the name of the parking company that issued the charge?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • splreece
    Forumite
    nps.... northern parking services... its private comopany and private carpark
  • splreece
    Forumite
    its in durham Crook Hall Car Park
  • Half_way
    Forumite
    IPC lot then, read the sticky thread about IPC parking issues.
    As for whos car park was it, you said it was a private car park, but whos car park was/is it? what type of car park is it?

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    was this a car park where you had to enter your car reg number into the machine as you paid
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Half_way
    Forumite
    this the place? http://crookhallgardens.co.uk/

If so nice and easy, with contact details to boot.
    If you go about it the right way you should be able to get a landowner cancellation - more later...

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,198
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    the carpark has cctv so am happy to have that pulled and shown i actually paid it personally (facial matching etc).
    Who do you think is going to plough through hours of grainy CCTV action? Facial matching - what's that? Will you be offering to pay whoever it is for their time to go through it all?

This is a £60 speculative parking ticket, not a murder!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Who do you think is going to plough through hours of grainy CCTV action? Facial matching - what's that? Will you be offering to pay whoever it is for their time to go through it all?

You request it under the Data Protection Act Fee is £10 they have to provide. You need to supply a photo & give them a rough time.

If they ignore, report them to the Information Commissioner, who can do them
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Half_way
    Forumite
    Does the car park have CCTV, or is it just the usual ANPR set up with cameras on a pole doing no more than reading most of the number plates on vehicles that enter?

• steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    Forumite
    Half_way wrote: »
    or is it just the usual ANPR set up with cameras on a pole doing no more than reading most of the number plates on vehicles that enter?

For which, no doubt, they have the appropriate planning permission
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure