Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 9th Mar 17, 2:15 PM
    • 2,284Posts
    • 937Thanks
    Cotta
    Cleaning Eyes
    • 9th Mar 17, 2:15 PM
    Cleaning Eyes 9th Mar 17 at 2:15 PM
    Hi,

I have noticed that the corners on my eyes (nose side) have become difficult to clean with what looks like sleep/dirt in the corner difficult to remove. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks
    Last edited by Cotta; 09-03-2017 at 3:52 PM.
Page 1
    • Mayflower10cat
    • By Mayflower10cat 9th Mar 17, 4:24 PM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Mayflower10cat
    • 9th Mar 17, 4:24 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 4:24 PM
    Do you suffer from Hayfever? Because mine has started already this year - tree pollen for me. All those catkins. My eyes are very glue-y and a bit crusty (sorry) in the mornings. I just buy Superdrugs own brand of eyewash, wet a cotton wool ball and clean one eye, then a fresh cotton ball for the other. You can use boiled, cooled water with a pinch of salt in it if you prefer.
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 9th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    • 7,465 Posts
    • 26,170 Thanks
    Nicki
    • 9th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    It sounds like blepharitis. My optician suggested using eye make up remover wipes, even if not wearing make up
    • Hedgehog99
    • By Hedgehog99 9th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 2,404 Thanks
    Hedgehog99
    • 9th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    When I had blepharitis, I was recommended Lid Care which was an excellent product and also turned out to be great for removing make-up too. But of course that got discontinued.

Supranets seem to be the expensive replacement.

However, if you're sure it's just sleep & nothing medical, Liz Earl's Eye Bright solution is good for that. On the pricey side, but you don't need a lot - no need to saturate a cotton pad with it.
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 9th Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    • 6,049 Posts
    • 10,878 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    A drop of johnsons no tears baby shampoo in a couple of tablespoons warm water and give your eyelids a good scrub with the foamy solution it makes
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
    • tensandunits
    • By tensandunits 9th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    tensandunits
    • 9th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    As GlasweJen says, get some Johnsons baby shampoo and dilute it in some hot water. Let it cool a bit and clean your eyes with a cotton pad dipped into the baby shampoo/water solution. I have to do this every morning!
    • kirtondm
    • By kirtondm 11th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    kirtondm
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    If blepharitis as above but also hot compress / eyebag type product twice a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,307Posts Today

12,822Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin