Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jot80
    • By jot80 9th Mar 17, 1:50 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jot80
    Section 75 claim
    • 9th Mar 17, 1:50 PM
    Section 75 claim 9th Mar 17 at 1:50 PM
    Help!!!!

I currently have a claim being processed under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

I have today received a letter from the retailer saying if the decision goes in my favour they will start legal proceedings immediately!

What legal proceedings could follow? If the section 75 claim is upheld, what weight does that have?

Thanks.
Page 2
    • jot80
    • By jot80 11th Mar 17, 4:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jot80
    Thanks naedanger for your suggestions, that's exactly the conversation I was having with my bank yesterday. It's now a waiting game in regards to the response to the chargeback and then knowing what the next step will be!
    • Altarf
    • By Altarf 12th Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    • 2,770 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Altarf
    I currently have a claim being processed under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.
    Originally posted by jot80

To update...It has been confirmed that a chargeback was made - and to clarify, for the disputed amount only, not the full amount.
    Originally posted by jot80
    If it was clear your claim was made under s75 and was not a request for a chargeback, I would be making a complaint to the bank under their formal process.

Of course a supplier can sue you if you instigate a chargeback for something they supplied and you now decide you don't want to pay for.

However for s75 that means the supplier and the bank have joint and several liability, and if one pays out it is up to the two of them to sort out how to divide up any liability and is nothing to do with you.

So if you made a s75 claim but the bank has tried to offload its liability by treating it as a chargeback causing you to be hassled by the supplier, that in itself is worthy of a complaint.
    • Gavin83
    • By Gavin83 12th Mar 17, 11:01 AM
    • 4,059 Posts
    • 6,201 Thanks
    Gavin83
    Will try asking my questions again...

So just to be clear here what work was reduced? Did they fail to complete the job or did they just find they didn't need to do as much as expected, or it took less time? Are you happy with the work they did?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,846Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter