Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DaveG247
    • By DaveG247 9th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    • 374Posts
    • 137Thanks
    DaveG247
    HP Deskjet 1010 only prints one document
    • 9th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    HP Deskjet 1010 only prints one document 9th Mar 17 at 12:50 PM
    Afternoon all,

My friends running windows 10 and using a HP Deskjet 1010, a couple of weeks ago it refused to print anything, (usual thing I went round turned it on and was working fine), since then I've been back to it a couple of times as it won't print, as I couldn't get it to work I uninstalled/reinstalled it and then it worked fine.

We reckon the problem is down to whoever else is using the PC as when they print parcel labels from amazon and Hermes (guessing via Internet explorer) the printer no longer works again, which seems barmy to me but doesn't surprise me. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problems? Cheers Dave
Page 1
    • Gother
    • By Gother 12th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gother
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    Sounds possible that, if the PC has multiple users, another user is modifying the printer settings for their own use, but negatively impacts your friend's account.

Is it possible to ask the other user(s) what printer setting they are changing/software they are using, if anything?

Alternatively, one option might be to re-add the printer to the PC and then modify the printer properties > Security, and remove all access to it (except for your friends account). Note you should be able to add/install a printer multiple times, but they'll have the same name, so best rename the one your friend is to use to avoid confusion. The other user(s) can then use the normal one?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,782Posts Today

8,952Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin