Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 8th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Super_Star
    Precise mortgage offer
    • 8th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    Precise mortgage offer 8th Mar 17 at 10:01 PM
    Hi,

We have a BTL mortgage offer from Precise for 175k.

My brother would like to buy my property which we let out. Due to this I would:-
    • My mortgage offer to be reduced to 110k
    • I was previously on 5 yars fixed term. This to be reduced to 2 years fixed term. Interest is lower but abit high product fee.

This has now been forwarded on to Precise for underwriter to check. Would there likely to be any issues?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 9th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_Star
    • 9th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    Hi, I am sure this is not the first time this has came up.

Any replies please?

Thanks
    • David White
    • By David White 9th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    David White
    • 9th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    Can you clarify your situation a bit...

Are we talking about two different properties here, the one with an offer and the one you're selling to your brother?

Is the offer for a purchase or re-mortgage?

Are you wanting to reduce your offer because of receiving a cash lump sum having sold a property to your brother?
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 9th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_Star
    • 9th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    Sorry - I didn't make it clear.

Yes there are 2 properties. The property I am purchasing I have a mortgage offer with Precise. 2md property I am saling it to my brother and he will pay me cash lum sum.

Previously the Precise offer was 175k. As I am saling my property to my brother I will not need the full 175k, I will only need 110k with property value of 275k.

Plus previous deal was 5 years fixed - I would like to change that to 2 years fixed.
    • David White
    • By David White 9th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    David White
    • 9th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    Shouldn't be too much of an issue, I would expect them to want to see proof of additional deposit though.

5yr down to 2yr is likely to be possible as well due to improved affordability.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 10th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_Star
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    David,

Thanks for replying back.

They have asked how full desposit monies are being raised and documentary proof.

Deposit amount is 164k.

I can show my ISA and current accounts statement which has 37k
    Sale of property 120k. At the moment I have no evidence of it but I have sent an email to my solicitor asking for a letter. I am not sure if they will accept without a letter? as this is the largest funds.
    Family Gift (from nephew) 15k. A letter from family member confirming a gift and I do not need to repay this monies back to them and they will have no involvement in the property whatsover.

This total makes it to £172000 which is more than deposit required,.

I also have around 3k in saparate account which was the rent payments I have received. This has not taken in to account.

Do you think this be would ok?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Super_Star; 10-03-2017 at 9:25 PM.
    • David White
    • By David White 11th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 819 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    David White
    • 11th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    As long as you can evidence every penny of your deposit and it matches their criteria there's no reason for Precise to have a problem.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 11th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_Star
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    On precise website criteria it says they accept family deposits.

It does not mention it has to be parents.

I am hoping they will accept 15k gift deposit letter from nephew.
    Last edited by Super_Star; 12-03-2017 at 5:41 PM.
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 12th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_Star
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    I bank with First Direct. I have just downloaded my 3 months statements from 11th December to 11th March 2017. Current account looks ok - It has 2 credits of £1000 each. This is from my father. He owed this money to me and paid me back. This is just a small amount comparing to large amount of evidence I am providing. Please do let me know if they likely to answer further questions relating to these deposits.

My ISA statement for 3 months just shows monthly interest and has 22k in it.

Gift letter signed by nephew is all ready.

Just waiting for a letter from solicitor confirming he is dealing with sale of the property in which I will receive 120k. Hopefully I will get this by tomorrow.
    • David White
    • By David White 13th Mar 17, 1:26 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    David White
    You may struggle with the gift coming from your Nephew as that is not considered immediate family by Precise.

It'll be down to the underwriters discretion.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    • Super_Star
    • By Super_Star 13th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_Star
    David thanks for your replies.

What aboy 2 gift letters - 8k from my brother and 7k from my sister in law? These 2 counts as immediate family memebers.
    • David White
    • By David White 14th Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    • 819 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    David White
    If you're applying in joint names with your Wife then sister-in-law is fine, if it's just in your name you're going to open a can of worms.

You really need to either get advice from your Broker or if you've attempted to do this alone then I'd suggest re-thinking that strategy.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,362Posts Today

9,154Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin