Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diymonkey
    • By diymonkey 8th Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 10Thanks
    diymonkey
    Questions about bathroom & kitchen extractors
    • 8th Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    Questions about bathroom & kitchen extractors 8th Mar 17 at 7:05 PM
    Hi guys,

I currently looking for two extractors - one for bathroom & one for kitchen.

Bathroom - My shower is run off the boiler. I was thinking to place a ceiling extractor just above my shower, but it's not possible due to the attic space above it being used & also because there isn't enough space to take it out.

My question is, what bathroom extractor can you recommend which can be fitted to a wall and only runs when the shower comes on?

Kitchen - Can you recommend a 90-100cm canopy type of extractor for under £200?

Thank you.
Page 2
    • ic
    • By ic 10th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 1,260 Thanks
    ic
    I've previously gone for high flow humidistat fans, but find they quickly gunk up and don't trigger soon enough. I've now gone for this one - I've yet to install it, but it is low speed but runs all the time, picking up the pace when it detects movement or moisture. It can also be controlled remotely in order to configure quiet times where it won't run constantly.
    * my posts are made in good faith and only represent my own opinion, experience or understanding of a situation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,170Posts Today

7,294Users online

Martin's Twitter