Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennymakespounds
    • By pennymakespounds 8th Mar 17, 2:36 PM
    • 1,446Posts
    • 285Thanks
    pennymakespounds
    Wanting to add Formula 1 on sky sports to virgin package
    • 8th Mar 17, 2:36 PM
    Wanting to add Formula 1 on sky sports to virgin package 8th Mar 17 at 2:36 PM
    Really fed up with Virgin ...

After 56 minutes on the phone have cancelled my account .. Rang as i do early March each year to get Sky Sports / F1 added to my Big Easy TV package , which i do for the 9 months of the F1 season , cancelling again in December .

£31.75 month is the list price ... they willingly charged me £20 month last year ... today tell me no discount .. £31.75 month take or leave .

I pay line rental year in advance .... and get only £5 discount a month off the £33 list price Big Easy .. 50mb , weekend calls and M+ mix tv package . ... took me nearly an hour to get the £5 discount back in the autumn. !! .

Wish i knew how some people get such huge discounts from retentions .. I certainly can't .. he was adamant there wasn't a penny to be given anywhere in my package .
Page 1
    • robertscruffy
    • By robertscruffy 8th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    robertscruffy
    • 8th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    A few days ago, F1 said the UK had lost about 5 million viewers, due to Hamilton not winning the championship, or because of BBC being replaced by ITV for viewing.
    In my humble opinion, it is mainly due to the exorbitant charges being levied by Sky to view our sport.
    I also used that £20 offer last year, seems they don't want us to watch from now on unless we remortgage the house.
    Ridiculous.
    Come on Virgin, is this Really necessary?
    • pennymakespounds
    • By pennymakespounds 8th Mar 17, 8:32 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    pennymakespounds
    • 8th Mar 17, 8:32 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 8:32 PM
    robertscruffy ...... totally agree !
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 9th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 630 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 9th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 9th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    A cheaper option may be to get Now TV - you can get a day pass (24 hours) for Sky sports for about £7, or a week pass for £11. If you buy passes from them for those live races that aren't on C4 you could watch all the season live for about £100 - £120 ish. Downside of a day pass is that you couldn't watch live quali and the race as they are usually more than 24 hours apart start to end. But a week pass for half the races would still be cheaper than £20 a month for 9 months. You can usually pick up some free passes when you buy a Now TV box anyway. You could also access Now TV through a smart TV or PS4 for example.
    It's pretty easy to manage - create an account online, and buy passes as and when you need them. Your account remains live even if you have no active passes. Bear in mind it is all streamed Now TV so depends on your BB speed and reliability. Cheapest way I've seen to watch the whole F1 season live, other than going round to a mates house and watching his Sky.
    • pennymakespounds
    • By pennymakespounds 10th Mar 17, 6:24 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    pennymakespounds
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:24 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:24 PM
    true to form ... phone call from Virgin this afternoon .... so i'm now watching the sky sports f1 channel ... as they agreed last years price would stand ... and they increased bb speed 50mb to 70mb .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,591Posts Today

7,630Users online

Martin's Twitter