Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • snowys
    • By snowys 8th Mar 17, 12:22 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    snowys
    Sky's deals
    • 8th Mar 17, 12:22 PM
    Sky's deals 8th Mar 17 at 12:22 PM
    Has anybody beeen lucky enough to use the code you can get off the MSE weekly newsletter? I have a code given to me at 8.00am today, but although now entering for the 50 time, still will not accept it. Phoned sky but there attitude was it's nothing to do with us
    Is it just a con, or does it actually exist?
Page 1
    • itsj2
    • By itsj2 8th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    itsj2
    • 8th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    Did you get a confirmation email within 15 mins after clicking on the MSE link? Still waiting for mine.
    • saraj9876
    • By saraj9876 8th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    saraj9876
    • 8th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    Exactly the same happened to me!
    • dobmob
    • By dobmob 8th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dobmob
    • 8th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    My email never arrived, but the code worked fine, just signed up and got an account number.

Can't link image as a new user, but a screenshot is here: imgur.com/a/zGjcI
    Last edited by dobmob; 08-03-2017 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Added image url
    • Rosina1
    • By Rosina1 8th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rosina1
    • 8th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    What a wild geese chase this special offer was. I tried to follow it up on line today, had some questions, phoned Sky customer support who offered to complete on phone, thought I'd completed switch on the phone only to be told by a follow up text from Sky my deal hadn't gone through.
    Phoned up to find out why not, spoke to automaton-like man in their their Provisioning department told me I'd did't have a working line. I do - I was speaking to him on it! - and it was confirmed by my current provider Talk Talk that there should be no problem with me switching!
    Phoned up Sky again to ask for it to be sorted out, 20 minutes to a man called Harry, he put me on hold, gave up after another 5 minutes no resolution. They couldn't tell me why my offer couldn't go through.
    I'd read about Sky's outrageously bad customer service and thanks to MSE recommending this deal I've now experienced it. I wasted more than an hour of my time today, probably spent at least £5 on the phone calls.
    Think MSE need to do homework before promoting special offers like this and make sure the company can support the deal you think you've got. It's a non-existent special offer in my case!
    I do wonder if the real reason was they couldn't be bothered with servicing a loss leader as I told them I didn't want to get information about their other services!
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 8th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Ken68
    • 8th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 8th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    Have received a code...now looking at reviews. Not good so far.
    • Dangizmo
    • By Dangizmo 10th Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dangizmo
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    I got a cOde for my mum the other day but now when I go thru the link in my email it won't let me past the code page but won't let me generate another code for the same address????????

Anyone know if the code can be applied on sky's own website??
    • Cazza
    • By Cazza 10th Mar 17, 11:57 AM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 945 Thanks
    Cazza
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:57 AM
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:57 AM
    I signed up and got a code on Wednesday morning but it's not come through as an email yet and (albeit understandably) won't let me generate another because there's only one per address. We're with PlusNet at the moment and have been for 4 years, they've been fantastic. Reading these messages I'm not sure I really want to leave PlusNet...
    • SomeOne
    • By SomeOne 12th Mar 17, 10:16 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    SomeOne
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:16 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:16 AM
    Same issue as others, signed up for the code but never received the email. Trying to sign up again it says only one code per household.
    ---------
    SomeOne
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 12th Mar 17, 3:48 PM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Ken68
    Have managed to get to final page of "My Basket". But Verify by Visa form not showing. Not a smooth ride.
    Last edited by Ken68; 13-03-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    • RavingMad
    • By RavingMad 12th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    RavingMad
    I got the code for my FIL but rang Plusnet to see if they'd match Sky's offer.

To their credit, they said they could do it for £9.99, which I was more than happy to accept

Hope that might help anyone else in the same boat
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 13th Mar 17, 12:59 PM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Ken68
    Sky order confirmed after the third attempt. Verify by Visa was waived but have your password ready anyway.
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 28th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Ken68
    Am up and running with this Sky deal since the 27th. All OK so far. Speed faster than with Plusnet though don't suppose that will last. Impressed. Clear billing.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 28th Mar 17, 6:34 PM
    • 7,761 Posts
    • 4,600 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Am up and running with this Sky deal since the 27th. All OK so far. Speed faster than with Plusnet though don't suppose that will last. Impressed. Clear billing.
    Originally posted by Ken68
    My PlusNet is slower than Sky was, so I'll be returning when I can.
    • edwink
    • By edwink 28th Mar 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1,581 Posts
    • 11,532 Thanks
    edwink
    We are up and running with sky too. Really pleased so far as being on their basic broadband it is much faster than the TalkTalk large broadband which I actually find quiet odd to be honest. We were paying £18.95 for medium fibre even though TalkTalk offered us a free upgrade for 3 months to their large fibre it was still sluggish and kept freezing. Not had any problems with Sky so far (fingers and toes crossed).

Sky have kept in touch all the way with emails telling us the progress of switch over etc. Not sure about the billing yet as I have found that a little confusing so far. I am sure it will become clearer once I get used to it.

I am a little confused over a payment of £20 for the landline though. Already had a landline which was installed by TalkTalk when we signed up with them because we didn't have a landline previous to that. I have kept the same number as well. Has anyone else been charged a £20 fee for using a landline they already had installed? Thought I would ask on here before I go down the dreaded customer service route to find out.

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 29-03-2017 at 4:13 AM.
    3.36 kWp system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solar Edge Inverter
    7 ducks ~ 16 hens ~ 1 handsome Cockerel
    2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing Hybrid Toyota Auris car

Hens & ducks chat thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 29th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Ken68
    No fee here Ed.
    My speed is 10.85 against 7.85 with plusnet.
    Also £60 initial credit shown as opening balance, thought the deal was £50?
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 30th Mar 17, 12:24 PM
    • 1,738 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    DavidP24
    I got the code for my FIL but rang Plusnet to see if they'd match Sky's offer.

To their credit, they said they could do it for £9.99, which I was more than happy to accept

Hope that might help anyone else in the same boat
    Originally posted by RavingMad
    Happy to accept Double?!

I saw someone say TalkTalk dropped to £20 for the year.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 30th Mar 17, 12:26 PM
    • 1,738 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    DavidP24
    I found Sky faster and maintained it to end of contract.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 30th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3,091 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    lstar337
    Also £60 initial credit shown as opening balance, thought the deal was £50?
    I had the same £60 credit Ken. I actually came here to see if it was typical.

The bills is a little confusing due to the layout and the way things are written, but then BT's bills were awful too. BT's bills are so terrible it actually looks like they are trying to obscure some payment they are taking unlawfully.

I think I have it figured out though. I paid £5 via card when I signed up, which has to be shown on the bill for it to make sense. So there was my initial £5 (card payment - paid but unbilled) + an extra £5 (billed, but not actually paid, only taken from initial credit) making £10 in total. £10 has been added by Sky to the initial credit (boosting it from £50 to £60) in order to make the bill balance. In essence, nobody has lost or gained, it just seems to be a trick to get an awkward offer through their standard billing system.

Hope that makes sense.
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 30th Mar 17, 2:01 PM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    Ken68
    Thanks Istar, lets hope the rest of the service is not so confabulated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,823Posts Today

6,438Users online

Martin's Twitter