Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 8th Mar 17, 11:21 AM
    • 826Posts
    • 157Thanks
    shaggy
    currys refund on my TV after 30 days - what are my rights?
    • 8th Mar 17, 11:21 AM
    currys refund on my TV after 30 days - what are my rights? 8th Mar 17 at 11:21 AM
    Hi all,

Was wondering if someone can advise me on this.

I got a large TV off currys back in January. Unfortunately was not able to open and install it until I moved house - which was earlier this week.

Now I find that there is a fault with the sound on the TV. its actually rubbish and very tinny. Something I wouldnt expect from an 800+ TV. The Currys refund policy indicates full refund within 21 days, or if it is faulty can exchange or refund within 30 days.

I dont meet either of these conditions as its been over 30 days. Am I within rights to demand a refund as the product is faulty?
    Last edited by shaggy; 08-03-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Page 2
    • SouthUKMan
    • By SouthUKMan 13th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    SouthUKMan
    Looks like I'm a bit late to the party but I am a bit of a TV tech fanatic. As others have said, the sound produced by most modern TVs - even quite expensive ones - is actually pretty grotty. Long gone are the days of hearing rich base, clear treble and overall gorgeously rich sounds that you got with most decent brand tube TVs back in the 80s / 90s - or indeed the earlier / chunkier LCD sets that still had a bit of room inside for decent speaker technology. Sadly as TVs have become thinner and the picture quality improved - in the main, the sounds they produce have become much, much weaker. There are quite a few TVs out there that cost in the mid to high hundreds that certainly look the part in terms of design and image quality, but quite frankly sound like they belong in the bargain basement.

I really do think your best bet is to go back to the shop - or another shop selling the same model as yours - and ask for a demonstration of the sound. Don't be embarrassed to ask this! If you think the sound quality is superior to what you're experiencing at home, then you know you have a case. In which case, if the TV is faulty - the retailer has to either replace it or repair it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

883Posts Today

7,240Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Beware the hidden £1,000s parents aren't told they must pay for University fees. My new FT column https://t.co/gDOyZDMCr9 (free to read) RT

• Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Follow Martin