Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pirateyqueen
    • By pirateyqueen 8th Mar 17, 10:11 AM
    • 449Posts
    • 3,079Thanks
    pirateyqueen
    Present for mum getting remarried
    • 8th Mar 17, 10:11 AM
    Present for mum getting remarried 8th Mar 17 at 10:11 AM
    My mum (in her late 50's) is getting remarried and I want to get them both a present but am a bit lost at what to get. The wedding is only going to be small, and my partner is going to take pictures which I will then retouch, so I thought getting those printed and framed might be nice, but that would mean that I would turn up empty handed on the day. They have many pets so booking a weekend away for them wouldn't work! They have lived together for years so house stuff isn't applicable, and I don't know the area they live in enough to buy a restaurant voucher or anything (have had a google but haven't found anything suitable). Any suggestions?
    No more goo hoarding!

2017 UU: 24 IN: 3 TA: 1 Total: 58/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
Page 2
    • pirateyqueen
    • By pirateyqueen 13th Mar 17, 11:42 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 3,079 Thanks
    pirateyqueen
    I can tell you don't have a dog; when you take a dog out your supposed to take it for a walk not a ride in a car!. So there is no reason why can't look after their pets for them.

Plus it would be a much more thoughtful present than just buying a frame from a shop and telling them you will put a photo in it later.
    Originally posted by takman
    They talk them nice long walks around the common, which is a drive away. There are no fields or anything near their house, just concreted pavements. Not good enough for pooches who are used to hour plus walks around nice fields and wooded areas!
    No more goo hoarding!

• takman
    • By takman 13th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    takman
    They talk them nice long walks around the common, which is a drive away. There are no fields or anything near their house, just concreted pavements. Not good enough for pooches who are used to hour plus walks around nice fields and wooded areas!
    Originally posted by pirateyqueen

Your only going to be looking after them for a few days, it wouldn't do them any harm taking them for a walk around the local area in that time.

It doesn't matter if they are walking on pavements or fields they are still getting exercise which the primary reason for taking dogs for a walk.
    • pirateyqueen
    • By pirateyqueen 14th Mar 17, 4:24 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 3,079 Thanks
    pirateyqueen
    Your only going to be looking after them for a few days
    Originally posted by takman
    I'm not actually, so this conversation is moot.
    No more goo hoarding!

• takman
    • By takman 14th Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    takman
    I'm not actually, so this conversation is moot.
    Originally posted by pirateyqueen

Yes it's obvious that you don't want to so you should have just said that in the first place instead of making excuses
    • Mayflower10cat
    • By Mayflower10cat 15th Mar 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Mayflower10cat
    I'd suggest a Rose with a really appropriate name as a suitable gift. Try
    getting inspiration here;
    https://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/shop/71-Weddings
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 15th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    How about offering to take them out before the wedding and buying them outfits for the evening do?
    • Teacher2
    • By Teacher2 22nd Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    • 459 Posts
    • 2,312 Thanks
    Teacher2
    What about a gift National Trust membership for free days out at fabulous places? The West Midlands is an area packed with beautiful properties.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 22nd Mar 17, 1:25 PM
    • 27,806 Posts
    • 568,052 Thanks
    toniq
    I was an older bride when I got married last year, my oldest had an afternoon tea delivered and presented us with the voucher for us to pick the day etc.

Really kind and thoughtful and fun!
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

2,283Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Ps sadly i got in too late to have seen Corbyn, hence why no comment on his performance

• Follow Martin