Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joe lawson
    • By joe lawson 7th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    joe lawson
    Understanding PILON
    • 7th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    Understanding PILON 7th Mar 17 at 4:44 PM
    After 20 years service, my contract of employment has recently been terminated due to ill health capability.
    I have received my final payment & whilst I have been paid my normal rate of pay for annual leave & hours owed, my 12 weeks PILON has been paid at a reduced rate (£2.33 p/h less).
    I believed, after reading many articles on the internet, that I would be entitled to the same rate of pay for these 12 weeks, as though I was still working.
    I worked permanent night duty, during my 20 years service.
    I would like to be fully informed of my entitlements before approaching my employer.
    I would be very grateful if anyone could shed any light on this please.
Page 1
    • Jmac28
    • By Jmac28 11th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jmac28
    • 11th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    Hi
    Have you contacted acas? They are very good they will be able to advise you on this. Sorry to here your in this situation I hope it works out for you.

Jx
    Last edited by Jmac28; 11-03-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: First time
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 11th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 9,756 Posts
    • 7,783 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    If the difference between day and night shift is £2.33 ph then this would explain it. Have you checked your contract of employment, especially regarding PILON, it may state that only the basic rate applies in a PILON situation.

If no mention of this or indeed of PILON then you do need to contact your employer. This article is helpful,

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4540

but in your position I would look for further confirmation as ACAS have been known to get things wrong.
    Last edited by lincroft1710; 11-03-2017 at 4:07 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,638Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin