Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jdw2000
    • By jdw2000 7th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    • 415Posts
    • 109Thanks
    jdw2000
    Binary trading
    • 7th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    Binary trading 7th Mar 17 at 4:37 PM
    Bloke on TV reckons he got rich doing this... any experience/knowledge of this amongst the esteemed members of the forum?
Page 2
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 27th Apr 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 1,513 Thanks
    Vortigern
    I have been stung by a Binary Option company. Very clever, they are. However, I have now received a text message from a company claiming they can recover my losses. Is this legitimate?
    Originally posted by LiquidSilver
    No it's not legitimate. Change your phone number. It's on a mugs list.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 31st Aug 17, 6:08 AM
    • 552 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    msallen
    Hi there!
    I got deposited for managed account at shystersRus.com for the managed account and it makes me some profits already.
    Should I be worried? thinking to put a bigger deposit to makes those profits skyhigh :-)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Cavin Fox
    You could spend the profits on some "How to spam believably" lessons.
    Last edited by msallen; 31-08-2017 at 7:04 AM. Reason: Corrected company name following bigadaj's advice
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 31st Aug 17, 6:24 AM
    • 10,653 Posts
    • 6,957 Thanks
    bigadaj
    You could spend the profits on some "How to spam believably" lessons.
    Originally posted by msallen
    Best not to quote spam though, when the original message gets removed you are still preserving it.
    • dividendhero
    • By dividendhero 31st Aug 17, 7:29 AM
    • 102 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    dividendhero
    Hi there!
    I got deposited for managed account at bancdetrust.com for the managed account and it makes me some profits already.
    Should I be worried? thinking to put a bigger deposit to makes those profits skyhigh :-)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Cavin Fox
    Oh dear, despite all the warnings people still falling for these scams get out ASAP
    • Gambler101
    • By Gambler101 31st Aug 17, 8:29 AM
    • 528 Posts
    • 1,292 Thanks
    Gambler101
    Oh dear, despite all the warnings people still falling for these scams get out ASAP
    Originally posted by dividendhero
    Get out lol Hes the owner of the scam site
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 6th Sep 17, 10:16 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    I got a few calls from this number 0131 471 0806 earlier this week.

Cold calling to see if I was interested in binary options.

No.

Googling the number suggests they do a lot of this type of marketing.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 7th Sep 17, 12:31 AM
    • 7,558 Posts
    • 8,157 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    This thread is like fly paper for spammers
    • sjp999
    • By sjp999 7th Sep 17, 1:42 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    sjp999
    yeah but - it helps a quiet night shift go by reporting them all, and there's been quite a few more since you spotted them an hour or so back.
    • Gambler101
    • By Gambler101 7th Sep 17, 8:23 AM
    • 528 Posts
    • 1,292 Thanks
    Gambler101
    Today marks it 1 year with my broker and I can proudly say he has been the best so far. Many of us here have been scammed in their quest for the genuine broker. I know how it pains to lose your hard earned money to a scammer, believe me I had been in such situations and I never regret because I counted it as part of the journey towards greatness. If I had not been scammed may be I wouldn't have met my broker, but today I can proudly say that I have secured the future of family with my investment in the market.
    The real brokers don't make noise ,they don't post, they don't call huge amount of money that sways you off your feet. Do you know what they do? They tell you about investments with realistic returns they nurture that your investment and you watch it grow daily, they guide you and advise you financially, they don't advertise themselves their good work/services speaks for them. You can just look for their web page and make sure to yourself – look for spam de spam
    Originally posted by Rick Sanches
    10/10 for sapm effort, but people on here are not stupid!
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX
    • AndyT678
    • By AndyT678 7th Sep 17, 9:20 AM
    • 725 Posts
    • 985 Thanks
    AndyT678
    Today marks it 1 year with my broker and I can proudly say he has been the best so far. Many of us here have been scammed in their quest for the genuine broker. I know how it pains to lose your hard earned money to a scammer, believe me I had been in such situations and I never regret because I counted it as part of the journey towards greatness. If I had not been scammed may be I wouldn't have met my broker, but today I can proudly say that I have secured the future of family with my investment in the market.
    The real brokers don't make noise ,they don't post, they don't call huge amount of money that sways you off your feet. Do you know what they do? They tell you about investments with realistic returns they nurture that your investment and you watch it grow daily, they guide you and advise you financially, they don't advertise themselves their good work/services speaks for them. You can just look for their web page and make sure to yourself – look for my scam that I'm spamming for
    Originally posted by Rick Sanches
    Woohoo! Finally an unregulated, unlicensed company based in the Marshall Islands with no trading history that everyone on the internet thinks is a scam - that's exactly the sort of investment opportunity I was looking for!

I can't pile in at the moment because all my money is currently with my new Nigerian friend Joshua who's helping me get some sort of an inheritance. But as soon as that's all sorted out I'm in!
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 7th Sep 17, 9:22 AM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,026 Thanks
    bxboards
    If everyone keeps quoting the spam, you let it live on even after the post has been removed.

Please edit your posts.
    • Bravepants
    • By Bravepants 7th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 272 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    Bravepants
    I drive a £500, 15 year old family car, not a supercar. Does that make me apparently poor? Or does I mean I'm not spending money on things that will lose value.
    Originally posted by jimjames

I learnt a good saying recently; "If you want to stay rich live like you're broke, if you want to stay broke, live like you're rich!"

I have a 14 year old Mazda 6 and an 18 year old Fiat. OK technically that's two cars, but their combined age is 32. hehe!
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 7th Sep 17, 9:59 AM
    • 3,280 Posts
    • 4,975 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I have a 14 year old Mazda 6 and an 18 year old Fiat. OK technically that's two cars, but their combined age is 32. hehe!
    Originally posted by Bravepants
    Amen brother. Thanks to my binary trading profits I have 32 Lambos and Ferraris with an average age of one year so I'm also well thrifty.

Of course I don't actually own 32 cars - I have a mate who owns a dealership who lets me take photos of myself leaning against the high-end stock. But my Facebook downline doesn't need to know that.
    • vacheron
    • By vacheron 8th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    • 721 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    vacheron
    You forgot to also add 'They unconvincingly spam internet forums" from your examples of how to measure their greatness.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 8th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 5,776 Posts
    • 5,648 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Fantastic - spammer posts spam, gets quoted in #29 and #30 before being deleted, and then returns to post exactly the same again! This one could run and run if MSE Towers don't improve their processes....
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 9th Sep 17, 12:03 PM
    • 6,142 Posts
    • 4,381 Thanks
    Reaper
    Both 29 and 30 deleted the spam company name so I don't see a problem with them. Perhaps MSE could auto-delete posts identical to those that had already been removed, but it's a big database to search and it could be easily circumvented with a bot that alters a letter here or there.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 9th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    • 5,776 Posts
    • 5,648 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Both 29 and 30 deleted the spam company name so I don't see a problem with them. Perhaps MSE could auto-delete posts identical to those that had already been removed, but it's a big database to search and it could be easily circumvented with a bot that alters a letter here or there.
    Originally posted by Reaper
    Yes, I wasn't suggesting an issue with those other posts, just that they made it clear that the same guff was being posted second time round.

Likewise I wasn't advocating automated text matching, just that accounts clearly set up specifically to post spam should be suspended, i.e. prevention rather than cure - this obviously happens for those used to plaster many copies of the same garbage around the place, although to be fair I suppose this might be seen as harsh for a single initial infringement.

Do we think we've heard the last from Mr Sanches though?
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 9th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 582 Posts
    • 417 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    I have here a fine bargepole. How long, you ask? Ten feet.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • le loup
    • By le loup 9th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    le loup
    Binary trading is not for everyone.
    Originally posted by Alexbranston
    Thank you for joining up to tell us that - but I think you are wrong. Binary Trading is great for the web sites that facilitate it.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 9th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    msallen
    ...with all the trading knowledge in the world the chances of success are still 50/50
    Originally posted by Alexbranston
    So if you're a world class expert you can break even? Where do I sign up?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,563Posts Today

7,491Users online

Martin's Twitter