Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • srisport
    • By srisport 7th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    • 167Posts
    • 18Thanks
    srisport
    3 Getting there own back?
    • 7th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    3 Getting there own back? 7th Mar 17 at 3:54 PM
    Recently received a letter through the post from 3 advising me that the 12 month minimum term on my Sim only contract has now ended and they have provided me with some discounted deals on new contracts but of course the price has increased.
    My current contract started in January 2014 and i have letters to prove this, and there only now telling me that my 12 month minimum term is over? hmmmm something smells fishy to me......

My current contract is:

Unlimited data, text and 200 mins for £15 per month

The deal they have offered is:

Unlimited data, minutes and i think text too for £19 per month

Now i know this new deal sounds good (£1 less if i bought off the high street) but i don't even use 200 mins and I'm a bit peeved off to have to pay £4 more than what i did for essentially the same thing.

What makes me laugh is:

December 2016 i complained about poor service (loss of phone signal and 3G service) and during 3 weeks of December had very little to no service what so ever!
    So of course i complained and at first they offered me £5 refund but i argued with them until they refunded me the full months bill (£15)

Now all of a sudden my minimum 12 month contract is up, 2 years later may i add and I'm having to move contracts! Personally i think 3 are trying to pull the wool over my eyes and are getting sweet revenge over having to refund me £15

Anyone else been in a similar position?

Should i take it further or just except that 3 has won this battle?

Ive checked and no other phone provider can beat what 3 are offering.

Advice and tips welcome.

Regards.
Page 2
    • Judi
    • By Judi 11th Mar 17, 11:15 PM
    • 14,840 Posts
    • 59,674 Thanks
    Judi
    Recently received a letter through the post from 3 advising me that the 12 month minimum term on my Sim only contract has now ended and they have provided me with some discounted deals on new contracts but of course the price has increased.

My current contract is:

Unlimited data, text and 200 mins for £15 per month

The deal they have offered is:

Unlimited data, minutes and i think text too for £19 per month

Now i know this new deal sounds good (£1 less if i bought off the high street) but i don't even use 200 mins and I'm a bit peeved off to have to pay £4 more than what i did for essentially the same thing.

Now all of a sudden my minimum 12 month contract is up, 2 years later may i add and I'm having to move contracts! Personally i think 3 are trying to pull the wool over my eyes and are getting sweet revenge over having to refund me £15

Anyone else been in a similar position?

Should i take it further or just except that 3 has won this battle?

Ive checked and no other phone provider can beat what 3 are offering.

Advice and tips welcome.

Regards.
    Originally posted by srisport
    Ive not long had the same letter regarding my contract. I had the same contract as you and they offered me the same as you so i dont think they have done it for revenge just because you complained.

The sticking point is i wanted to keep the unlimited data but wasnt prepared to spend more so ive downgraded my contract. I keep the minutes (i dont use many), texts i dont use many either because i use Whatsapp but i have gone for a cheaper contract with limited data.

Odd really cause they have shot themselves in the foot. My contract cost £15 a month before and is now £10 but ive seriously had to curb my internet usage outside the home and ive dumped loads of apps, keeping only the minimum on my phone.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • srisport
    • By srisport 13th Mar 17, 8:53 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    srisport
    Ive not long had the same letter regarding my contract. I had the same contract as you and they offered me the same as you so i dont think they have done it for revenge just because you complained.

The sticking point is i wanted to keep the unlimited data but wasnt prepared to spend more so ive downgraded my contract. I keep the minutes (i dont use many), texts i dont use many either because i use Whatsapp but i have gone for a cheaper contract with limited data.

Odd really cause they have shot themselves in the foot. My contract cost £15 a month before and is now £10 but ive seriously had to curb my internet usage outside the home and ive dumped loads of apps, keeping only the minimum on my phone.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Well this is the second time they have increased my contract, originally when i first took out the contract in 2012 it was only £12, then a few years later it went up to £15 and now they were offering a contract for £19!

Anyway i cancelled the contract and taken out a new one with three as a new customer with 30GB data, 600 minutes and unlimited texts for £20.

BUT

with cashback via quidco it drops the average monthly cost to £15 -
    My average Data usage per month is around the 24-27GB mark so as long as i have them cap it then i should never hit the 30GB limit

Just shows what savings can be had if you look around.

Regards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

951Posts Today

7,998Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin