Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RebeccaAnney
    • By RebeccaAnney 7th Mar 17, 1:28 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 147Thanks
    RebeccaAnney
    Debt Free Determined!!!
    • 7th Mar 17, 1:28 PM
    Debt Free Determined!!! 7th Mar 17 at 1:28 PM
    Hi everyone

Starting a diary to encourage myself to be realistic with where I am financially, stop burying my head in the sand and address all the things I waste all of my money on...

My current debts are as follows;

Credit Card 1 - £3491.16
    Credit Card 2 - £3981.71
    Catalogue - £708.27
    Overdraft - £2350
    Car Finance - £4348.38
    TOTAL £ 14,879.52

I am so determined to get these paid off now! I'm 25 now and have had debt since I was old enough to have a CC/OD! I would, one day, like to be a homeowner but it feels impossibly unobtainable at the moment

If anyone has any tips or advice it would be greatly received, I will let you know how I get on, I can do this!!!

R x

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-07-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Page 4
    • RebeccaAnney
    • By RebeccaAnney 15th Sep 17, 2:54 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    RebeccaAnney
    All good on the money front, got some birthday money left, had bought loads of clothes but some were such poor quality and/or sizing I had to return. Won't mention names but I guess you get what you pay for. So yesterday I used some of the money to buy a secondhand iPad mini , it was £100 and will help with my studies as a lot of my college work/revision/practice assessments are online. I had my first college evening on Tuesday, all good but a bit of an information overload....

Officially joined Slimming World again after trying (failing) to do it alone for the past few months. I had a free join voucher from a magazine so was just the weekly fee of £4.95.

Feeling motivated in all areas, £310 to pay off of credit cards with this weeks wages.

Low spend weekend as food shopping is sorted and I'm at my Dads looking after the dogs while he's off to Italy. He lives a 3 minute drive from work so will save on fuel over the next week. He also has a tumble dryer which I will use to catch up on all the washing, what an exciting life I lead
    LBM 07/03/17 (£14,879.52) 15/09/17 £10,584.02
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,783Posts Today

6,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin