Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Luke8909
    • By Luke8909 7th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Luke8909
    U.K. Cps help please
    • 7th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    U.K. Cps help please 7th Mar 17 at 9:07 AM
    Ok so here goes in May 2016 I received a parking fine from uk cps after researching on the internet all the advice was to just ignore these letters as they have no power to enforce fines. After a couple more letters were sent out they stopped sending them. Then this month I find out they have gone to court and taken out a ccj against me (I had no idea they were going to court I received nothing saying this) now I understand it's almost impossible to have a ccj removed but my credit score was immaculate until this incident and it's now stopping me getting any sort of loan etc where credit checks are needed. Iv been advised to get in touch with the parking fine company and settle the bill with them then the ccj is marked as settled on my credit score. Will this help my credit score or not at all?? Any advice please help?????
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 7th Mar 17, 9:13 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 7th Mar 17, 9:13 AM
    • 7th Mar 17, 9:13 AM
    The advice to ignore private parking tickets has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

It is not a fine.

I think if you pay the CCJ it will still sit on your credit score but be marked as satisfied.

Alternatively you can apply for a set aside which will cost you £255 but you will need to show you would have a reasonable chance of winning a small claims court hearing.
    To apply for the set aside you would need to show a good reason why you didn't contest it in the first place. Ignoring the initial speculative invoices will go against you. There is plenty of information available telling you not to ignore.
    However, if the court papers were sent to an old address then you may have a valid reason why you never received them. One of the most common reasons for not knowing about a court case is if you have moved and not updated the DVLA with your details. Even then it doesn't always work as the parking scammers will only use the original address from when the got the keeper data from the DVLA when they issued the first PCN.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 14,537 Posts
    • 22,879 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 7th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    Ok so here goes in May 2016 I received a parking fine from uk cps after researching on the internet all the advice was to just ignore these letters as they have no power to enforce fines.
    That I'm afraid is rubbish. No parking forum in May 2016 was ever advising that. The law changed 3.5 years prior to May 2016.

Have you changed your address from the point of receiving your initial letters from UKCPS and now, where court papers might have been sent to a former address?

How long ago was the CCJ raised?

Do not pay anything until more advice is given here.

Read these about the likely next step for you - getting a set-aside.

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/set-aside-default-court-judgment.html

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/set-aside-judgment-court-hearing.html

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/county-court-judgement-against-you.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • cathrine o'neill
    • By cathrine o'neill 9th Sep 17, 12:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cathrine o'neill
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:23 PM
    uk cps parking fine
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:23 PM
    my apologies, i don't know how to post a new post in the parking fines thread.

my daughter has today received a parking fine from UKCPS, she parked in a private bay at the student surgery next to her university. The question i raise is that we moved address in november 2015, my daughter changed her driving licence in January 2016 to reflect our new address. she got the fine in march 2016 but all notifications went to our old address. today, 8 september 2017, we received a debt recovery agency letter to say that she had a fine for 160.00, 120.00 for the fine plus 40.00 for debt recovery fee. had she received the initial fine it would have been paid (by myself) however, as it was out of our control due to notifications going to old address, is it possible to get the fine put back to the initial 60.00 as we weren't aware of it????? anyone any information - many thanks!!!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    You need to hit 'new thread' back on the first page.

Click 'forum help' for tuition.

See my signature for where to click to get back from here.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

829Posts Today

5,664Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin