Mobility scooter insurance

Comments

• rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    I would have thought that two (or a combination) policie(s) need to be taken out. One to cover for theft, damage etc on a comprehensive basis. Also a policy to cover for third party damage to property and the general public..
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I would have thought that two (or a combination) policie(s) need to be taken out. One to cover for theft, damage etc on a comprehensive basis. Also a policy to cover for third party damage to property and the general public..

My policy covers all of that in one.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have emailed my insurance company (Hastings direct) to ask them...
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Chances are they'll cover you with no problems, M&S have been great with me and I get the impression it's a fairly standard add on.
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 641
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    my powerchair is added onto home insurance (halifax) it worked out far cheaper and better cover. Still has the public liability and away from home use.. i wish i'd known this or thought about it years ago when i had scooter policies.

there are restrictions on leaving unatended for any length of time usually so check as scooter users often need to leave scooter outside dr's/shops/cafe etc if bigger model
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    Still waiting to hear from Hastings direct !!
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    No doubt that the premiums will now skyrocket because of the amount that can be paid out for accidents involving the public. I would go as far as to say that premiums on scooters should match those of cars given the way some users drive them on the footpath and in stores!
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    . Hi
    No doubt that the premiums will now skyrocket because of the amount that can be paid out for accidents involving the public. I would go as far as to say that premiums on scooters should match those of cars given the way some users drive them on the footpath and in stores!
    Yeah right ......
    A £1500 scooter can do similar damage to a £10000 car - driven by a kid ?
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    OK Still not received a quote from Hastings direct
    They told me in their reply that they needed me to phone them with details of the model that I had bought
    I replied to them - by email - detailing the model - 3 days ago - still nothing back !!
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    Update - Hastings Direct will insure my scooter for free on the condition that is is not used on the public highway - this covers loss and third party indemnity - this is better than the £70 + that a seperate policy would have cost me !!!
    My home policy only cost £130 !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport