Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rebelrebel
    • By rebelrebel 6th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 16Thanks
    rebelrebel
    0 WOW
    Can I complain to National Express about this?
    • 6th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    0 WOW
    Can I complain to National Express about this? 6th Mar 17 at 7:53 PM
    Recently, I took a National Express coach from London to Glasgow. The announcement at Victoria said that the toilet on the bus was broken and that there'd be a delay whilst they found a replacement bus. In the end, after half an hour's delay, we got no replacement bus. The bus we got was the one with the broken toilet. It smelled dreadful. It was like being in a sewer on wheels. I thought I'd throw up. Most of the other passengers looked rather green, too. We were eventually moved to another bus when we stopped in Hamilton. This can't have been hygienic, and, hygiene aside, it made the journey incredibly uncomfortable. Can I complain about this?
    Savings 2017: £0/£2500
Page 1
    • lika_86
    • By lika_86 6th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    lika_86
    • 6th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 6th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    Of course you can complain. It doesn't mean that they'll do anything about it though...
    • rebelrebel
    • By rebelrebel 6th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    rebelrebel
    • 6th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    • 6th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    Ugh. I was hoping to get some compensation out of them for that terrible journey. Ah, well.
    Savings 2017: £0/£2500
    • novelty-socks
    • By novelty-socks 11th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    novelty-socks
    • 11th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    Decide what you'd like in return for the discomfort you suffered. I'd say a partial refund on your ticket would be reasonable, though it's obviously up to you.

Send a letter, setting our your complaint and clearly stating what you want from them.

Wait and see what happens.

I expect that they fulfilled your contract with them by getting you to Glasgow, but I see no harm in complaining about this, as it doesn't sound like a pleasant journey.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,969Posts Today

7,266Users online

Martin's Twitter