Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • julius1973
    • By julius1973 6th Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    julius1973
    NCP Parking charge for Ringgo wrong car selected
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    NCP Parking charge for Ringgo wrong car selected 6th Mar 17 at 4:51 PM
    Hi,

I went to Milton Keynes with my family yesterday and used Ringgo to pay for my parking. As my wife and kids were shouting me to hurry up (due to poor 3G) I selected the wrong one of my 2 cars in haste.

I had paid for the parking but just not assigned it to the correct car. Low and behold I received a parking charge.

I have successfully battled against parking charges before so not wet behind the ears on these things but has anyone got any advice re this scenario and NCP?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 17, 11:56 PM
    • 44,056 Posts
    • 56,765 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 17, 11:56 PM
    • 6th Mar 17, 11:56 PM
    Yes, forget the story of what happened and instead, follow the templates that work, in the NEWBIES thread. Honestly, do NOT tell the story of what happened and certainly don't give away who was driving, which is the thing that will win it for you as registered keeper later.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• julius1973
    • By julius1973 10th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    julius1973
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    Do you have the link to the newbies thread?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 44,056 Posts
    • 56,765 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    We never link the NEWBIES thread because it's the top thread on the forum and newbies need to know how to 'get back' to page one.

Read my signature, tells you where to click. One click back, where you started, where you clicked 'new thread' instead of first reading 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 6,727 Posts
    • 6,677 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    Do you have the link to the newbies thread?
    Originally posted by julius1973
    You confirmed that you had read and understood about stickies and where to find/how to use them as part of your signup.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 11th Mar 17, 11:59 AM
    • 9,793 Posts
    • 8,718 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:59 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:59 AM
    The problem with your story, should it ever get to court, is that quite simply the other car could have been parked as well as the actual one and your case is very different from the transposing of a couple of number or letters.

Also, don't you get sent a text confirming the details? It's a while since I used Ringgo, but I do remember getting texts when I parked.

Whilst wishing you luck, I am not too hopeful.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 44,056 Posts
    • 56,765 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    Whilst wishing you luck, I am not too hopeful.
    I am, because it is only NCP! They never sue.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,164Posts Today

7,497Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Young journalist/broadcaster looking for a mentor? Great opportunity here... https://t.co/aojKD6t5Ti (pls share with anyone suitable)

• Today's twitter poll: For those who are working, if you lost your job today, how long would you be able to still pay all the bills for?

• RT @itvMLshow: Want to be a part of our audience and get the chance to ask Martin a question, LIVE? Here's where you can apply: https://t.c?

• Follow Martin