Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Sally
    0 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access 6th Mar 17 at 4:10 PM

Hi folks

We've written a new Cheap Airport Lounge Access guide and would love your feedback on your top lounges as well as any other tips you've got to get in free or cheaply. The lounges to avoid would also be helpful!

Thank you

MSE Sally
Page 5
    • jaizan
    • By jaizan 22nd Nov 17, 8:02 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jaizan
    Heathrow T2
    I've used the Plaza Premium lounge at Heathrow T2 & liked it.

In Dec 2016, this cost £32.

In Dec 2017, they want £40 and the best discount I can get is 10% at holiday Extras, so £36.

That's quite an inflation rate for 1 year, particularly for a lounge that seemed almost empty on previous visits. Any suggestions for a better discount ?
    • The Old Bag
    • By The Old Bag 23rd Nov 17, 2:50 AM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 22,204 Thanks
    The Old Bag
    Has anyone used the MSEGIFT code to buy a lounge pass for use in 2017?
    I followed the link from MSE, got a price for a lounge pass, added the code above, and it reduced the price..... which is great.
    But so far it has not asked me any questions about when I am travelling.

When I go through holiday extras etc it starts off asking me which airport and day and time etc....

I don't want to buy a discounted pass, and then find it refused...... not very MSE !!

Thanks for any help.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 23rd Nov 17, 8:44 AM
    • 13,255 Posts
    • 17,470 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    This presumably the option you were choosing...

Buy a voucher for a specific lounge. In this case, you have to choose a specific lounge now, and get 33% off the price. You don't need to choose a specific date yet.
    A couple of lines above that it says...

They can be redeemed on bookings between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 Dec 2018.
    It seems pretty clear to me that it will almost certainly be refused.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • jadex
    • By jadex 23rd Nov 17, 5:29 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    jadex
    Often pointless exercise: you got your paid for lounge card, turn up at the airport, head down to lounge only to be refused entry as lounge is full...
    To guarantee entry pre-booking is required (i.e. paying £15-£30 for single entry) and to pre-book no lounge card is needed.
    Gatwick is bad as a lot of tour operators flight from there.
    Been refused entry on Wednesday early afternoon (don't think it is very peak time as overall airport was not that crowded) - No1 Lounge was half-empty but plenty tables were reserved for Thomas Cook travelers (think it is something like £10 or so add-on so many people book lounge to start their holidays "with style" - small change in comparison to overall holidays' prices)
    Last edited by jadex; 23-11-2017 at 5:38 PM.
    • postcode
    • By postcode 24th Nov 17, 12:27 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 2,735 Thanks
    postcode
    Any offers for the new Plaza Premium Heathrow T5 lounge? £40 per person for 2 hours is more than I'd pay, and it is a bit late to get an amex platinum to get in for free.
    GC September 2012 - £49.04/£80 |GC October 2012 - £50.28/£80 |GC November £63.59/£60 (one adult only)
    • cas07
    • By cas07 24th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cas07
    I wish to buy a Priority Pass through your link. Can I buy this pass in January and get the 10% saving or does this deal expire on 3rd Dec (as do the single purchase passes)?
    • sallybunny
    • By sallybunny 25th Nov 17, 6:29 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    sallybunny
    Can I use the discounted credit vouchers against children’s entry or are they only for adults? As it’s me and two children it works out cheaper to it that way than buying a reduce adults voucher.
    • KittenFlyer
    • By KittenFlyer 28th Nov 17, 6:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    KittenFlyer
    Airline Lounge Access
    I work in an airline lounge and get asked multiple times a day for people to come in as a non-member, to bring in extra guests, or when they are flying with another airline.
    My advice would be to not ask - it may cause embarrassment to yourself or the reception staff when your request is declined. If you are refused (which is highly likely), please do not get angry with the staff- remember every person who comes in is costing the airline money with food/drink as well as taking up valuable seating space.
    We also do not offer ‘free’ upgrades - if economy is overbooked it will be the top-tier frequent flyers who are regarded, not the first person to ask kindly at check-in.
    Also remember even as a member you are not ENTITLED to bring in guests- it is usually only if there is capacity. Often people get upset when they can’t bring in their guests, but also get upset when they cannot come in because the lounge is full. You can’t have it both ways!
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 29th Nov 17, 10:59 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    I work in an airline lounge and get asked multiple times a day for people to come in as a non-member, to bring in extra guests, or when they are flying with another airline.
    My advice would be to not ask - it may cause embarrassment to yourself or the reception staff when your request is declined. If you are refused (which is highly likely), please do not get angry with the staff- remember every person who comes in is costing the airline money with food/drink as well as taking up valuable seating space.
    We also do not offer ‘free’ upgrades - if economy is overbooked it will be the top-tier frequent flyers who are regarded, not the first person to ask kindly at check-in.
    Also remember even as a member you are not ENTITLED to bring in guests- it is usually only if there is capacity. Often people get upset when they can’t bring in their guests, but also get upset when they cannot come in because the lounge is full. You can’t have it both ways!
    Originally posted by KittenFlyer
    When you say "guests", one assume you mean airline lounge (not airport lounges)?

Most airlines will allow at least 1 guest for a paying business/first class ticket holder, and this is included in the price of your ticket so is pretty much guaranteed - so long as the guest is on the same flight as you.

I've been guested into a Virgin Clubhouse under this policy, no problems.

With regards to not getting in because the lounge is full. This happens with airport lounges (ie. pay for the lounge) and doesn't happen with airline lounges (where you are travelling business / first and can guest people in). Different lounges.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 1st Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    darren72
    Does anyone know of any discounts for Manchester Airport T3 lounge ?

Thanks in advance
    • Spaniel24
    • By Spaniel24 2nd Dec 17, 6:07 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Spaniel24
    Manchester T3
    Try Groupon. Sorry it won't let me post the link.
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 2nd Dec 17, 3:48 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    Does anyone know of any discounts for Manchester Airport T3 lounge ?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by darren72
    https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/1903-lounge
    • darren72
    • By darren72 5th Dec 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    darren72
    Thanks for your reply (which I've only just seen today).

Looks like I have missed the offer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

728Posts Today

4,505Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should pubs and restaurants be made by law to allow non customers (behaving reasonably) to use their toilets?

• Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• Follow Martin