Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 68Posts
    • 25Thanks
    MSE Sally
    7 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    7 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access 6th Mar 17 at 4:10 PM

Hi folks

We've written a new Cheap Airport Lounge Access guide and would love your feedback on your top lounges as well as any other tips you've got to get in free or cheaply. The lounges to avoid would also be helpful!

Thank you

MSE Sally
Page 2
    • SandC
    • By SandC 19th Apr 17, 12:48 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 5,559 Thanks
    SandC
    It's only about £20 for the Manchester lounges, you can possibly get a discount of up to £3 with various websites (strangely I seem to find the best deals with Saga).

It's only been the past few years that the alcohol hasn't been self served, and I believe in some of them you can still help yourself to a beer or cider from the fridge. It's quite sensible to have it like any other bar and be served that way, although at times they do seem a little short staffed so there can be a bit of a wait.

Time restrictions still apply, think the limit is 3 hours.

I first decided to use them regularly after a flight I had from Gatwick and the airport was rammed, queues out of every restaurant and bar and just too many people around. It made it far more relaxing!
    • wondercollie
    • By wondercollie 20th Apr 17, 2:23 AM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 7,859 Thanks
    wondercollie
    I would be amazed if any airline gave free vouchers for lounges. Most arent run by the airlines and the others are for business class or elite members so can't imagine they would want anyone in there.
    As said before get either an Amex gold, or even better the Amex platinum. The priority pass is excellent and have used mine at least 12 times in the last two months,
    Originally posted by newuser86
    Maple Leaf Lounges are Air Canada properties. So, they are probably as bad as the airline when it comes to service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,046Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin