Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LOU7illest
    • By LOU7illest 6th Mar 17, 8:33 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 6Thanks
    LOU7illest
    Parking Eye PCN for parking in Mother and baby
    • 6th Mar 17, 8:33 AM
    Parking Eye PCN for parking in Mother and baby 6th Mar 17 at 8:33 AM
    Please help I got a windscreen PCN from Parking Eye for parking in a Mother and baby space at an ASDA store. At the time of parking in there I was with my GF who is currently pregnant and only parked in there as she believed it was ok to park there if you're pregnant as well.

When we returned I had received a ticket when I checked the evidence online the agent only took pictures of the front and rear of my car in the space and the inside driver and passenger seat, they never took any pictures of the inside of the rear of the car and the 2 car seats in the back as I routinely drop the GF and the kids to the store and park in mother and baby when I return to pick them up when they finish.

Any help appreciated I only have 2 days remaining of the initial 14 day window as someone told me just ignore it as they can't enforce it.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 17, 6:42 PM
    • 45,809 Posts
    • 58,776 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Agreed - parent and child bays are a pathetic retail gimmick that parents buy into, when in fact they are merely being enticed to shop. They are pointless and nothing like disabled bays but we get so many people thinking they are entitled to a 'special bay' - e.g. even complete numpties using a disabled bay because (sob story) ''the parent & child bays were full''.

I realise that's not what the OP did but just, no.

A big fat NO to parent and child bays - get rid of them and there would be no issue. Use normal bays unless disabled.

But this OP will win anyway and didn't park badly IMHO.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 19-04-2017 at 6:45 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 19th Apr 17, 9:00 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    Please can you point me to the section of the equality act that covers retailers and provision parking for pregnant customers, I don't think it's in there and your barking up the wrong tree but prove me wrong.

I reviewed the act for my company as part of a accreditation and found nothing to cover preganant customers, staff yes.

If that the case then most retailers in the country are in Breach.

The retailer may have photos of a lack of child seats in the car which could be the issue, with that defence.

I have four kids and never felt the need to use p&c bays when my wife was pregnant. She doesn't agree they are necessary for pregnant women. I am no parking eye fan but it also doesn't seem fair that retailers can't set the rules for p & c spaces and people blatantly use them against these rules. Asda do clearly show a policy on these bays why would you assume anything.
    Last edited by surveyor_101; 19-04-2017 at 9:24 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 17, 9:06 PM
    • 45,809 Posts
    • 58,776 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Please can you point me to the section of the Equality act that covers retailers and provision parking for pregnant customers, I don't think it's in there and your barking up the wrong tree but prove me wrong.
    Companies don't have to make any adjustments. The maternity provision in the EA is minor; you just can't treat a pregnant lady or nursing mother unfairly/adversely. In Scotland, it's illegal to prevent a nursing mother from feeding a baby. That's about it!

The retailer may have photos of a lack of child seats in the car which could be the issue.
    pathetic if so, have they not heard of:

(a) small baby seats that click into a pram chassis or might be placed across a trolley?
    (b) kids who don't actually need a car seat/booster but are under twelve so meet the signage rule?

I be four kids and never felt the need to use p&c bays when my wife was pregnant.
    Same here and not after they were born either, really there is no need for the gimmick.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 19th Apr 17, 9:43 PM
    • 3,541 Posts
    • 4,994 Thanks
    Half_way
    I've transported small children with all the detritus junk and car seat(s) sometimes this has involved swapping car seats and the only evidence that a child/toddler had been in my vehicle would have been the muddy footprints on the back of the front passenger seat ( why do they do this???) or the occasional dropped octonauts/go jetters activity book on the floor
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • ClumsyMumsy
    • By ClumsyMumsy 5th May 17, 5:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ClumsyMumsy
    Legal stance on P&C parking
    I have just found this little snippet of info on a disability website -"The legal position is quite simple. Off-street car parks can have spaces for pink Sherman tanks if they want and if they put up the proper signs they can charge you if you park there with any other vehicle. Therefore disabled people without children cannot park in the parent and child spaces." Does anyone know if I can find any more substantial legal links to this? I am going to use it as a dispute to a parking charge I received today if I can find another link.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th May 17, 5:34 PM
    • 38,898 Posts
    • 77,627 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I have just found this little snippet of info on a disability website -"The legal position is quite simple. Off-street car parks can have spaces for pink Sherman tanks if they want and if they put up the proper signs they can charge you if you park there with any other vehicle. Therefore disabled people without children cannot park in the parent and child spaces." Does anyone know if I can find any more substantial legal links to this? I am going to use it as a dispute to a parking charge I received today if I can find another link.
    Originally posted by ClumsyMumsy
    You should read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES (assuming yours was a ticket in a private car park, not a council one) and then start your own thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • LOU7illest
    • By LOU7illest 15th May 17, 12:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    LOU7illest
    My appeal was successful I just added the inadequate signage post to the bit I posted in the thread and they cancelled it. Thank you very much for your help
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 15th May 17, 4:05 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 6,980 Thanks
    pogofish
    Does anyone know if I can find any more substantial legal links to this? I am going to use it as a dispute to a parking charge I received today if I can find another link.
    Originally posted by ClumsyMumsy
    Then you will be wasting your time and the chance of a successful appeal.

Please do as you agreed on signup and Read the Newbies Sticky and not hijack other peoples threads. That way you will get real help!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 17, 12:11 AM
    • 45,809 Posts
    • 58,776 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    My appeal was successful I just added the inadequate signage post to the bit I posted in the thread and they cancelled it. Thank you very much for your help
    Originally posted by LOU7illest
    Good, as expected really.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

22Posts Today

3,769Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin