Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MARYZOFLORA
    • By MARYZOFLORA 5th Mar 17, 7:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MARYZOFLORA
    Please help..Parking Eye - Crown Wharf. Walsall
    • 5th Mar 17, 7:49 PM
    Please help..Parking Eye - Crown Wharf. Walsall 5th Mar 17 at 7:49 PM
    Hi,
    On the 27th December 2016 we visited this car park ... It was completely rammed with Christmas shoppers ... I entered the car park at 13:12 circled for ages for a spot finally got one ... Queued for ticket to find the machine was eating the money so I went to the next one purchased a ticket at 13:37 shopped and left area at 15:37 ... Was sent a parking ticket 🙄 I appealed straight away ... Was denied.. So I've appealed with POPLA and they have also rejected it basically suggesting I took the pee!!! I am going to citizens advice tomorrow to sit for 6 hrs (unpaid from work) I really don't know whether to just sit back and let them win ... Or fight it for the little man ...
    Kerry xx
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    • 40,464 Posts
    • 80,850 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    • 5th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    Don't bother with CAB. They know nowt about private parking and may well tell you to pay.

That's rubbish. The PoPLA decision is not binding on you.

All you can do is wait to see if parking lie send you court paprs. Id that happens, come back here for further help.

What happened when you complained to the retailers you visited?

What did the NTK say? Did it have a paragraph saying something like, "after 29 days ..." or was there a blank space as if something was missing?
    Did you reveal who was driving in your appeal?? If so, forget my previous questions.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Mar 17, 11:53 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Mar 17, 11:53 PM
    • 5th Mar 17, 11:53 PM
    Hi,
    On the 27th December 2016 we visited this car park ... It was completely rammed with Christmas shoppers ... I entered the car park at 13:12 circled for ages for a spot finally got one ... Queued for ticket to find the machine was eating the money so I went to the next one purchased a ticket at 13:37 shopped and left area at 15:37 ... Was sent a parking ticket �� I appealed straight away ... Was denied.. So I've appealed with POPLA and they have also rejected it basically suggesting I took the pee!!! I am going to citizens advice tomorrow to sit for 6 hrs (unpaid from work) I really don't know whether to just sit back and let them win ... Or fight it for the little man ...
    Kerry xx
    Originally posted by MARYZOFLORA
    This retail park features so much I'm surprised when you searched the forum for 'CROWN WHARF' as anyone should before starting a new thread, you didn't find to complain to the managing agents and they will cancel for genuine people. Happens all the time.

Do that BEFORE trying POPLA.

I am going to citizens advice tomorrow to sit for 6 hrs
    No, you are not. Don't even go there. The CAB have a diabolical misunderstanding of private parking scams.

It should be cancelled this week but do not ask us who runs the place because we don't have it in our head and newbies learn to use the forum better if encouraged to search & research. Use the search facility in this forum board* and read the most recent successes by people there, it will tell you who to email.

* the little search box level with 'NEW THREAD' but on the right only just above all the threads (NOT the box top right, that's useless).

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 6th Mar 17, 10:21 AM
    • 748 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    DollyDee
    • 6th Mar 17, 10:21 AM
    • 6th Mar 17, 10:21 AM
    mailto:ed.barraclough@broadgateestates.co.uk

Hope you don't mind C-M but I found the link as I remembered it had changed not long ago!
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Mar 17, 10:34 AM
    • 10,200 Posts
    • 9,342 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Mar 17, 10:34 AM
    • 6th Mar 17, 10:34 AM
    My advice to you is to bookmark this site, https://popla.co.uk/docs/default-source/default-document-library/popla_annualreport_2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2 particularly page 18 and base any court appeal around that, highlighting the date of the contravention and that it took you a long time to find a space and a similar time to exit.

Make sure you include copies of the report in your defence papers.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 6th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    mailto:ed.barraclough@broadgateestates.co.uk

Hope you don't mind C-M but I found the link as I remembered it had changed not long ago!
    Originally posted by DollyDee
    Great! We work well as a team, us regulars, making sure no stone is left unturned!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• MARYZOFLORA
    • By MARYZOFLORA 15th Apr 17, 9:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MARYZOFLORA
    • 15th Apr 17, 9:25 PM
    • 15th Apr 17, 9:25 PM
    Just an update I still haven't heard anything ��
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    • 15th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    What, nothing back from the Managing Agents? Chase them and ask, was it cancelled?

• nurse sue
    • By nurse sue 15th Apr 17, 11:54 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    nurse sue
    • 15th Apr 17, 11:54 PM
    • 15th Apr 17, 11:54 PM
    keep us updated please . crown wharf Walsall ..I am in a similar boat the camera picked me up at 1401 but I could not get ticket from their machine till 1409 as machine was faulty so ticket was valid till 1609 but camera said I left at 1617 true I thought there was a grace period of 10 min .
    I was by my calculation of the ticket I paid for 8 min late according to their camera .they force us to buy a ticket so surely it should be by ticket not camera .
    tried read the newbie thread but theres so many abbreviations etc difficult to follow
    I failed parking eye appeal now have to go to popla
    I did phone crown wharf thy were not interested will try stores but don't hold much hope . I will never put money in their pockets by parking there again ill go to retail parks where you don't pay like Bentley bridge
    An Infinity of forests lies dormant within the dreams of one acorn.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 16th Apr 17, 12:24 AM
    • 7,761 Posts
    • 7,858 Thanks
    pogofish
    tried read the newbie thread but theres so many abbreviations etc difficult to follow
    Originally posted by nurse sue
    There are twelve abbreviations in total - only seven of which are relevant to the first two stages of the appeal process.

Is that really such an onerous number? Esp as if you are a nurse, you will be well used to dealing with a great many more on a regular basis professionally.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 16th Apr 17, 8:35 AM
    • 748 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    DollyDee
    keep us updated please . crown wharf Walsall ..I am in a similar boat the camera picked me up at 1401 but I could not get ticket from their machine till 1409 as machine was faulty so ticket was valid till 1609 but camera said I left at 1617 true I thought there was a grace period of 10 min .
    I was by my calculation of the ticket I paid for 8 min late according to their camera .they force us to buy a ticket so surely it should be by ticket not camera .
    I failed parking eye appeal now have to go to popla
    I did phone crown wharf thy were not interested will try stores but don't hold much hope . I will never put money in their pockets by parking there again ill go to retail parks where you don't pay like Bentley bridge
    Originally posted by nurse sue
    Send an email to the address in post #4. Scan your receipts and attach them. Complain "you are a regular shopper but will not be returning nor will your family & friends etc"

Crown wharf has got to be one of the most stupidly designed car parks on the planet. It's like a maze.

Isn't it funny how so many of parkinglie's machines are faulty, you might even think it's deliberate. And why do you have to display the bl00dy ticket in the vehicle when it's ANPR. Oh, it wastes a bit more time walking back to car to put the non-sticky ticket on the dash. Hate that place. Better to park in the Saddlers Centre and walk back.
    • nurse sue
    • By nurse sue 16th Apr 17, 4:26 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    nurse sue
    really
    I don't think theres any need for that tone pogofish
    and yes I am a nurse and that's why we don have hours to droll through loads usually because we are so knackered but thanks for constructive help
    Last edited by nurse sue; 16-04-2017 at 4:33 PM.
    • nurse sue
    • By nurse sue 16th Apr 17, 4:32 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    nurse sue
    thank you dolly Dee
    Send an email to the address in post #4. Scan your receipts and attach them. Complain "you are a regular shopper but will not be returning nor will your family & friends etc"

Crown wharf has got to be one of the most stupidly designed car parks on the planet. It's like a maze.

Isn't it funny how so many of parkinglie's machines are faulty, you might even think it's deliberate. And why do you have to display the bl00dy ticket in the vehicle when it's ANPR. Oh, it wastes a bit more time walking back to car to put the non-sticky ticket on the dash. Hate that place. Better to park in the Saddlers Centre and walk back.
    thank you dolly dee have done
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 16th Apr 17, 6:08 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Just an update I still haven't heard anything ��
    Originally posted by MARYZOFLORA
    Did you send an email to the address in #post 4?

You absolutely must complain to that email address again with copies of your receipts or redacted bank/credit card statements (doesn't matter if they are not from that day but it would be great if they were). They don't even have to be your receipts, they could be the driver's passengers.

Do it please.

Don't just leave it, you may get a court claim if you do not act now.
    • nurse sue
    • By nurse sue 16th Apr 17, 11:38 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    nurse sue
    emailed as advised
    Did you send an email to the address in #post 4?

You absolutely must complain to that email address again with copies of your receipts or redacted bank/credit card statements (doesn't matter if they are not from that day but it would be great if they were). They don't even have to be your receipts, they could be the driver's passengers.

Do it please.

Don't just leave it, you may get a court claim if you do not act now.
    hi dolly yes I sent email as advised ive drafted a letter to popla but cant find where to put it to have it checked the site not easy ive wasted 2 days off making the letter now trying to upload info might as well done an extra shift and paid it at this rate sorely tempted
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Apr 17, 12:33 AM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You start a thread if you haven't already. If you have a thread of your own about this PCN (not this thread, which isn't yours), post it there.

• Krystaltips
    • By Krystaltips 21st Jul 17, 10:24 PM
    • 9,016 Posts
    • 35,729 Thanks
    Krystaltips
    The email to write to is on the crown wharf website. It's the customer services one.
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
    Originally posted by My Fathers Daughter

• nadia.f.
    • By nadia.f. 12th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nadia.f.
    hi i needed some advise..i drove to walsall and took a wrong turn i ended up at crown whraf car park found a parking after 5 mins and redirectd my tomtom to the address i needed to go..i had my 2 small children in the car who were driving me crazy (as u cn imagine) and then left withing 15 mins.. now ive recieved a parking fine for that period of 15 mins.. ive misplaced the letter and have spent all day trying to call up n find a way to pay this charge of £50 befre 14daya and ther are no contact numbers available just an automated service to pay with reference number which i dont have..please help jm so stressed out i dont know wht else to do.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Sep 17, 5:20 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    You need to start your own thread and not attempt to hijack someone else's like this.

Before starting a new thread everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Go there now and read up on the game you are now caught up in.

If you need further help than given there then start your own thread
    • Mick Morris
    • By Mick Morris 12th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mick Morris
    Crown Wharf
    I've just had a parking fine from Parking Eye at Crown Wharf.
    Paid for parking but couldn't remember the first 2 digits of my wife's car registration.
    I typed AA and the rest correctly and displayed in the window.
    Now they've sent me a fine of £85, but if I paid within a Month £50. They've rejected my claim , but as a gesture of good will, reduced it by another £20.
    I have 2 weeks to pay....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,211Users online

Martin's Twitter