Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 5th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    • 19,986Posts
    • 227,205Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 6th March 2017
    • 5th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 6th March 2017 5th Mar 17 at 6:28 PM
    Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. Its been lovely to see some de-lurkers and some newcomers; do please post even if it's just to say 'list completed'

Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Monday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed
    dust sill
    dust curtain rails/pelmets

Level 2
    dust all surfaces
    wipe light pulls/switches
    wipe cosmetic bottles with a just-damp cloth
    polish mirrors

Level 3
    vacuum/dust all light fittings
    clear detritus from bedside tables
    empty any bins
    vacuum/sweep floors

extras
    clear bedside cabinets
    HHI
    S&S kitchen and bathroom

Twinkling Tuesday Bathroom Brightener

Level 1

Open windows
    Empty Bath sides and shower cubicles of all bottles, loofahs etc
    Spray with cleaner
    Shine shower screens
    Scrub down bath/shower
    Rinse
    polish taps
    put clean washcloths out

Level 2
    Flush loos
    spray with cleaner of choice (I like cream cleaner for porcelain)
    scrub bowl - don't forget under rim
    With a bucket of hot water wipe loo seats etc. handles, etc
    Good slug of bleach

Level 3
    clean cloth - basin needs a scrub. And bidet if you have one
    scrub then polish taps with a dry m/f cloth
    polish/wipe radiator/towel rail
    replace all towel
    vacuum or mop floors
    Dust and shelves/sills
    wipe pull cords and switches

EXTRAS
    Vacuum/dust any vents
    Wipe tiles around basins/splashbacks
    clean windows in bathrooms

HHI

Wonderful Wednesday - KITCHEN and dining

Level 1
    Wipe table and mats, and chairs. Dont forget under the table/chairs where sticky fingers lurk
    WUDUPA
    Clear sides and wipe down

Level 2
    Wipe cupboard fronts
    Wipe fascias
    Wipe small appliances/caddies and return stuff to sides
    Wipe switches and sockets and door handles

Level 3
    clean sills
    dust in dining area
    sweep and mop floors

Extras

Clean out a drawer
    fling gibble
    empty bins round the house
    sweep doorstep
    wipe front door inside and out#

Thursday look after the lounge day

Level 1
    Open windows and let in fresh air
    Empty bin
    Flick a cobweb duster round coving, along picture rail and over light fittings
    Vacuum or wipe sofa and swap cushions and/or seat pads

Level 2
    Dust everywhere and wipe sticky spots inc switches with a damp cloth
    Don't forget skirting, tops of doors and sills and curtain tracks

Level 3
    Thorough vacuum inc under furniture
    Don't forger the edges
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI
    Plan some me time or down time for this weekend

Fantastic Friday - kids room (s) spare rooms doom laden pits...you choose

Level 1
    clear out as much gibble as is humanly possible
    open window
    strip any beds

Level 2
    clean window and sill
    make bed
    vacuum floor (if not doing level 3...vacuum last if you are)

Level 3
    Dust everywhere inc skirtings
    wipe switches and place where sticky fingers leave their mark

extras
    HHI - you might have been pegging out so you'll have lots
    clean rotting food from fridge and/or use up stuff
    check all outside lights working while it's fine and dry
    peg out some laundry
    Last edited by Valli; 09-03-2017 at 9:51 PM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 7
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 11th Mar 17, 3:21 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 47,176 Thanks
    Jazee
    Hope you get a chance to put your feet up Bossy. Probably when the mini moos are in bed.

I spent about 3 hours in the garden. Front looking much better, back not showing much impact yet. If it's dry again tomorrow I may give the grass its first long cut. And the dogs have had another walk.

DH managed a whole shift. He's just relaxing at the moment and then we're going out for a curry.

Have a great rest of day everyone.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20) August £419.52 Total £7419.52/£12000

• kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 11th Mar 17, 9:44 PM
    • 9,226 Posts
    • 117,258 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Evening

Been busy, hope you are all ok

Daily stuff only done most days

Catch up soon
    Sun, Sea
    • Valli
    • By Valli 11th Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    • 19,986 Posts
    • 227,205 Thanks
    Valli
    Today I have...
    cleaned out the rabbit
    pegged out 3 loads
    put away a maidenful of ironing
    ironed another maidenful
    cleaned kitchen
    cleaned bathroom
    cleaned dining room
    washed car
    stabilised loose spare wheel in boot, having swept out boot
    changed bulb in outside light and washed shade while it was down
    pruned dead heads from hydrangea
    stripped and remade one bed
    nipped to B&M
    Last edited by Valli; 11-03-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    £5342.65
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 12th Mar 17, 7:42 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 13,936 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all

Up and at 'em today - got a busy week ahead, and away overnight one night so I am trying to get ahead. Still got a hacking cough, as has DS, but the show must go on!

So far I have fed the littlies, unloaded the DW and sorted a huge pile of paperwork out to be recycled. I took a bootful of stuff to the charity shop yesterday, and expect that today will involve a tip run at some point.

Going to shove a wash on now, and get the kiddies dressed then I'll cook a full English. Have fabulous Sundays all xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 5.6.17 - £123,900
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 12th Mar 17, 7:43 AM
    • 2,026 Posts
    • 18,294 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Good morning lovely ladies and a big squishy welcome to the newbies

I've been AWOL for a few days. The usual. Skids visting, DH needing taxi rides, builder meetings etc. so apologies for not keeping up with all the news.

Huge hugs for you Jazee (and DH). Sending loads of virtual support xxx

Narco - sorry to hear about your bink in the car. You're safe, which is the most important thing xxx

I will be joining you in THE GREAT TOY CULL Bossy, as we too are overloaded with stuff. I also need to sort through clothes as both boys have had a growing spurt recently.

Enjoy the concert Ionafan. I'd love to hear Nigel Kennedy play live - lucky thing!

Sorry if I've missed anyone but big snogs all round. Cuppa in bed while monsters are watching Godzilla
    Womble No: 12 £3400.99 as at 5/4/2017
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 12th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 47,176 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Just on my second cuppa and am eating breakfast too. Dogs are fed. Pan of leek (from garden) and potato soup bubbling away.

Today's plans:
    WUDUPA
    Get dressed
    Change bedding
    Walk dogs
    Hoover/sweep/mop through house
    Gardening

Have a great day everyone.

• Valli
    • By Valli 12th Mar 17, 8:18 AM
    • 19,986 Posts
    • 227,205 Thanks
    Valli

Enjoy the concert Ionafan. I'd love to hear Nigel Kennedy play live - lucky thing!

T
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    I have - when he did The Four Seasons at Crystal Palace.

After yesterday's busy day my ankles are complaining. I will remind the they are now supporting less weight and speak to them firmly. Hoping to hit both my 1.5 stone loss and my 10% tomorrow. I should at least make one, if not both. Can't remember which one though.

Today I have to mark and plan. I have two more washloads to go out, when I get up. DS is off today so I am doing a SW friendly Sunday dinner with cheese sauce on the cauli for him.
    I need to run errands, if I have time. Must fill up car as I have a Union meeting at J29 on Tuesday, might take satnav as I could go to 29a then down one...decision decisions. Cat needs flea treatment, and food, have run out of her cans, though there's other stuff in to feed her.

Incredibly, after fitting scrapyard wheels to the car, and getting suspension checked and balanced it passed the MOT, which turned out to have been due yesterday, but DS's GF hadn't realised that (it's her car) so DS is good to go, and, hopefully, lesson learned. I feel better now I know it's been checked over.

First I am going to slurp a coffee. Then it's hair dye time.
    Last edited by Valli; 12-03-2017 at 8:21 AM.
    £5342.65
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 12th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 9,226 Posts
    • 117,258 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

Lunch made for work
    Long list made for tomorrow, I have a day off!!
    Shoppnig list made
    Daily stuff done

Have a good day
    Sun, Sea
    • Biscuit monster
    • By Biscuit monster 12th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 717 Posts
    • 9,533 Thanks
    Biscuit monster
    Morning!

It's Sunday, the day of rest, NOT! I had that yesterday, took the girls riding in the morning and then spent the afternoon in Harrogate. No fly zone.

Today, OH has to work all day so I'm supporting him. I've written myself a frankly ridiculous long list, I won't type it all out here but will report on progress later.

Sorry to hear about your bump Narco, getting straight back on the horse is the best thing.
    Hugs to Jazee xx
    Loudmouth hope things are improving with you x
    Bossy we had a great toy cull when we moved into our new bedrooms at Christmas. Some stuff they weren't sure about getting rid of, so we put it in plastic storage tubs in the old bedroom. They have never even asked for any of it in three months! Soon to be off to the chazzer!

Right better start with the enormo-list.
    • funfairprincess
    • By funfairprincess 12th Mar 17, 9:25 AM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 34,413 Thanks
    funfairprincess
    Morning all x

Managed to get the laundry done yesterday just all the bedding today and I'm caught up. I will need to get an ironing done later I think I will delegate and get OH to go for the packed lunch food for through the week.

Had a great time last night. Went to the theatre to see my cousin performing in summer holiday. Stood outside the stage door at the end of the night to get him to sign my program I think he was a bit mortified at me shouting hey Mr can I get your autograph that's what he gets being related to me.

Off to strip the beds.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 12th Mar 17, 9:46 AM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 47,176 Thanks
    Jazee
    FFP, that's so funny.

Half of my list of six tasks is done. Ok so it's the easiest bits. Just having another cuppa and then me and the dogs are going out. I'm introducing Poppet to new routes as the weather improves. Yesterday was the quarry ponds which meant she encountered ducks and swans for the first time. Today we are walking along the riverbank before they put the cows to graze on there.

See you all later.

• Valli
    • By Valli 12th Mar 17, 1:52 PM
    • 19,986 Posts
    • 227,205 Thanks
    Valli
    Turned out beautiful here...duvet cover etc and towels drying on line in the SUNSHINE. Bunny lolloping around th egarden, I had popped him in his pen as I have been into town then Aldi. Got mother's day card - picked one without a butterfly due to sister-related symbolism in the hospital after they told her she was terminal imminently (no doubt was more tactful than that). Have texted rest of family to suggest they too avoid butterflies for now.
    DS en route to visit her, hope she's in.
    Have de-flead cat with DS's help (she hates it and needs holding).
    Sorted out a HUGE pile of socks too - DS's drawer is now full
    Need to strip my bed then DO SOME WORK!
    £5342.65
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 12th Mar 17, 2:19 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 47,176 Thanks
    Jazee
    Err yuk, just took me two hours to hoover/sweep/mop through. The floors were minging. So just having another cuppa before taking the dogs out again.

Will be a short walk to the post box with birthday cards as we were out for a long time this morning. Poppet met daisies, bees and horses on the road for the first time.

• bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 12th Mar 17, 8:04 PM
    • 6,735 Posts
    • 86,031 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Evening,

Only just sat down! Full on day here, football this morning, they won 8-0 against a supposedly unbeaten team DS scored one of them, so he's made up - being a defender it doesn't happen unless its penalties, but this one he completely set himself up for, it was glorious, he ran back to position near his own goal and did a little dance, lol even the opposition were laughing with him

Then it was back home, stick a wash on, make lunch, back out to a kids party, then visiting with dad as he goes to Spain tomorrow, then baths, supper and bed. Phew.

Not an awful lot of flying in there. I did empty the DW at some point...

Tomorrow the boiler is getting serviced - am hoping it's my neighbours son - grocery delivery too, and need to call docs - I had a message left "can I call them please about my scan" I know I shouldn't worry it's probably to say it's ok but although the scan was looking at something else they spotted something on my ovary probably a cyst but we do worry when they call us the next day, don't we... Ah well, I need to go up to collect DD prescription anyway.

I'm going to stop rambling now.
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #91
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 12th Mar 17, 8:19 PM
    • 4,242 Posts
    • 34,222 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Yay well done young Bossy. Happy memories, DS2 comes to the end of his time playing junior football soon and we end 10 years of standing on the sidelines every Sunday through the winter, sometimes with both boys playing in different places at the same time.

Fingers crossed everything is OK with the scan.

Funny day here. DS2 had his gf around, lovely girl. However we are having problems with our rescue dog who is becoming increasingly agitated by visitors and has started to not want to go in his crate. He has bitten before and we have to be very careful. Its becoming very difficult to manage and I fear for the future. DH refuses to discuss it.

House reasonably tidy, lots of washing dried outside. Bags packed for the gym after work tomorrow. DS2 to pick up from work in about an hour. Feel rested and ready for the week ahead.
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 12th Mar 17, 9:35 PM
    • 1,402 Posts
    • 20,287 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Funny day here. DS2 had his gf around, lovely girl. However we are having problems with our rescue dog who is becoming increasingly agitated by visitors and has started to not want to go in his crate. He has bitten before and we have to be very careful. Its becoming very difficult to manage and I fear for the future. DH refuses to discuss it.
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    I've sent you a pm as it sounds like the sort of thing my friend's dog does; she is follow a process with him which seems to be helping.

Done bits and pieces today; report writing, church, clearing out emails etc. Getting wound up about them collecting my poor car tomorrow, would be so sad if it was the last time I saw it. I know it's only a car.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 12th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 246 Posts
    • 2,894 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Evening everyone.
    Well done Master Bossy!
    Been awol over the weekend, but only due to the weather. As DD was out all day yesterday, and it was sunny, I took myself off to the allotment for a couple of hours. Did I ache last night though! This morning didn't look so great, so I actually tackled a frog and saw that on its way. Then this afternoon I got out into the garden for an hour or so, and filled up the green bin before it gets collected tomorrow. As you can see, no flying involved on either day! Apart from the WM and DW both being run at intervals.
    On the plus side, DH mended the shower....on the down side, the oven blew the electrics this evening Luckily I still have the smaller oven, so the half roasted chicken was rapidly shoved in there.
    See you all on the new Fred. X
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 12th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 2,343 Posts
    • 33,819 Thanks
    Natty68

Struggling financially
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,043Users online

Martin's Twitter