Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • uber1923
    • By uber1923 5th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 9Thanks
    uber1923
    Telford Bridge Retail Park -Parking fine
    • 5th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    Telford Bridge Retail Park -Parking fine 5th Mar 17 at 2:11 PM
    Hi all,

i was wondering if you can help and give me some advice. I received a letter saying that i overstayed the maximum 3 hours (it says stay was for 3h 45mins ish), now the reason why i had used the retail park was because i had problems with my car and went to drop it off at the Halfords autocentre that is based in that retail park. I left my car in the morning and then went to work, so after the mechanics had fixed the car they took it on a test drive to make sure that it was working correctly and thats what i think triggered the exit time. When they were happy that they had fixed the car, they called me and i then went to pick up the car. I had read some forums where people are saying to ignore it and leave it but what should i do?

I will appeal this as i have proof that i left the car with Halfords but how should i go about this? Should i saying that the car was there for repairs and it was not my fault that it took more than 3 hours for the repairs and then i went to collect after it was ready. Also this week i had to take the car again there for repairs, should i mention that the same thing may happen?

Has anyone had a similar situation with the telford retail park and left the car there at Halfords, what did you do? Was the charge removed?
Page 2
    • uber1923
    • By uber1923 6th Mar 17, 2:00 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    Hi all,

i just went and spoke to the guys at halfords and they said that i am not the only perso to receive these tickets and said they had lots of customer come in with them. They took a copy of my ticket and took down my details. They said they will send all the copies to head office who will contact the ticket people to get it cancelled. The guy i spoke to said to ignore the tickets and not to respond/appeal it as they will get it sorted and keep me updated.

He said that the parking people came out of the blue, put some camera's up and never told anyone and now we have lots of customers that have tickets. They said that they will look to sue the parking people about this.
    • uber1923
    • By uber1923 6th Mar 17, 2:30 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    so should i not appeal and see what happens with halfords?

Let them sort it out? Or should i appeal it?
    Last edited by uber1923; 06-03-2017 at 3:50 PM.
    • uber1923
    • By uber1923 6th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    Can someone suggest whether i contact the parking people or not?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 14,034 Posts
    • 22,044 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Can someone suggest whether i contact the parking people or not?
    Originally posted by uber1923
    Belt and braces, cover all angles. Depending on when their 28 day deadline for appeal expires, you could just hold back and see what transpires.

Whatever you do, do not miss that 28 deadline as that opens the way to POPLA where you will, with forum help, get this cancelled. If you miss the deadline for the initial appeal and this doesn't get cancelled by Halfords, and you miss POPLA, you expose yourself for up to 6 years of potential hassle from HV and their debt chimps.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 10,061 Posts
    • 9,147 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Appeal as I suggested but add that Halfords are also demanding the ticket is cancelled.
    • uber1923
    • By uber1923 7th Mar 17, 9:18 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    So i had a look at when the date for appeal expires and it says that i need to appeal within 28 days from the date of the notice which is the 02/03/17 (so i have plenty of time).

I will amend the blue template and talk about Halfords been the keeper/driver for the day. When I find time this week i will do that and post it here to see what the forum thinks of it.
    • uber1923
    • By uber1923 7th Mar 17, 12:17 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    I have amended the blue template from the newbies page and added the bits in bold.

"Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers. In fact I was not in charge of the vehicle and was not the keeper/driver - Halfords was, as they had the car and car keys for the purpose of fixing issues with my car. I have attached the bill for the repairs needed to fix the issues with my car.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,"

What do you think? I wont send it this week but as per the newbies page send it on the 25/26th day from the notice.

Also i will get the property management involved even tho halfords said they will sort it out, this is just in case halfords are unable to get it cancelled. I will draft a letter to them and again show you to see if it is ok to send.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Mar 17, 1:13 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That's fine - and you can send it anytime soon, because 'waiting till day 26' only applies to windscreen PCNs.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• uber1923
    • By uber1923 15th Mar 17, 11:43 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    i went to appeal the pcn but there were options which i had to chose before i could click on appeal notice.

the 2 options were
    Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information
    and the other option was
    Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

This maybe a stupid question but i should click the second one, correct?

I wanted to ask this as the appeal template says that "there will be no admission to who was driving"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 11:47 AM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Second one is fine.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• uber1923
    • By uber1923 6th Apr 17, 5:34 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    Hi Everyone,

I thought I give everyone an update.

Great News Halfords was able to get all my tickets cancelled (4 in total) I received a letter stating that my ticket has been cancelled. It only mentioned one of the tickets (the newest one) so today I went back to Halfords to let them know that I have only received confirmation of the cancellation of one of my tickets. The guy said someone had 4 tickets and he had the same thing, Halfords contacted the parking company and they said that they will only send confirmation for latest ticket but all of them have been cancelled.

Not sure whether it is worth contacting the parking company and asking for a letter to confirm all 4 have been cancelled? I might have been luck than Halfords for this confirmation. What do you guys recommend?

Anyway, thank you all for your help!!!!!

Save me money that I did not have to pay and did nothing wrong.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Apr 17, 6:56 PM
    • 6,847 Posts
    • 5,866 Thanks
    The Deep
    Would they have let you have the car if you refused to pay? No, I suspect that they would have kept car. That makes them the keeper, (albeit just for the day). Name Halfords as the keeper, I doubt if they would continue to bother you.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Apr 17, 1:01 AM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi Everyone,

I thought I give everyone an update.

Great News Halfords was able to get all my tickets cancelled (4 in total) I received a letter stating that my ticket has been cancelled. It only mentioned one of the tickets (the newest one) so today I went back to Halfords to let them know that I have only received confirmation of the cancellation of one of my tickets. The guy said someone had 4 tickets and he had the same thing, Halfords contacted the parking company and they said that they will only send confirmation for latest ticket but all of them have been cancelled.

Not sure whether it is worth contacting the parking company and asking for a letter to confirm all 4 have been cancelled? I might have been luck than Halfords for this confirmation. What do you guys recommend?

Anyway, thank you all for your help!!!!!

Save me money that I did not have to pay and did nothing wrong.
    Originally posted by uber1923
    I would do an online appeal asking for confirmation of cancellation of all 4 PCNs or a POPLA code. It's Highview isn't it - a complete pushover at appeal stages.

• uber1923
    • By uber1923 7th Apr 17, 9:44 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    uber1923
    I would do an online appeal asking for confirmation of cancellation of all 4 PCNs or a POPLA code. It's Highview isn't it - a complete pushover at appeal stages.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    When I went to appeal the remaining notices I put in the details for the notice and it took me to a page where it said that the notice has been cancelled but on that page it does not state the pcn number/reference it has no reference to the details of my pnc.

The only thing there is an email, so should I email them.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Apr 17, 12:02 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If the screen says cancelled each time then I think it is over!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,527Posts Today

6,726Users online

Martin's Twitter