Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deaston
    • By deaston 4th Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 427Posts
    • 221Thanks
    deaston
    Driveway removed, car in a hole - my fault?
    • 4th Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    Driveway removed, car in a hole - my fault? 4th Mar 17 at 9:23 PM
    Tonight I turned my car in someone's driveway. Their gates were set back from the road about 15ft, and closed. I just turned reversed in front of their gates hoping to turn around.

But the driveway between the pavement and their gates had been dug out, so the back of my car fell into the hole (my partner then had to come in our 4x4 to pull me out). It was dark, raining and I just didn't notice the ground was 12" lower.

The homeowner appeared and started angrily saying he had my reg and would come after me for any damage to his half-constructed driveway.

But, here's the question - should he not have had some warning that the driveway was missing? Cones or signs or a rope or something?
Page 8
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 14th Mar 17, 1:43 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    Interestingly the EXIF data was left on one of the photos he published. Nice phone the photo was taken from. Interesting location that can be obtained from the Lat/Long embedded in the data as well.

Note to all - clear the metadata when publishing docs / photos etc.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 14th Mar 17, 3:16 PM
    • 3,003 Posts
    • 3,035 Thanks
    DoaM
    Where's the popcorn smilie when you need it?
    Originally posted by Strider590
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 15th Mar 17, 12:39 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    A bit early for popcorn. This thread hasn't yet reached kraken levels of length or entertainment, but it does share some similarities.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

37Posts Today

3,786Users online

Martin's Twitter