Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lady1964
    • By lady1964 4th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • 769Posts
    • 1,016Thanks
    lady1964
    MyHermes, advice needed
    • 4th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    MyHermes, advice needed 4th Mar 17 at 12:32 PM
    We've been in all day so far & when DH went into our porch, he found a calling card from My Hermes saying they've left a parcel in our garage.

Firstly, our garage is secure so can't be opened from the outside, that said, we've checked around the outside of our house and there is nothing there. Secondly, there is no tracking number or any other details, like our name, address or date on the card.

So, I went onto their website and called the phone number, I entered the eight digit bar code, which isn't recognised. I went into their live chat but because I don't have a tracking number, I can't submit the request. Im now totally stuck with trying to contact them to speak to someone, can anyone advise what my next step would be please?

I should add, none of us are expecting a delivery of anything.

Many thanks.
Page 2
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 9th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 4,807 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    Your daughter clearly managed to get it from the info provided.

So you rang her, said something like 'got a Hermes slip here and no parcel, I'm not expecting anything, are you?' And she didn't clock on and realise it was hers that she got yesterday? The fact she wasn't bright enough to say she got something the day before or, you know, discard of her package delivery slip like a sensible person isn't the fault of Hermes.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    In this post you've made up an entire phone conversation for the sole purpose of claiming the OPs daughter 'wasn't bright enough'. Why do you feel the need to try and be hurtful about someone like that?

They clearly said it was a text message, not a phone conversation. The message could easily have just said "Are you expecting a parcel delivery today?" The daughter may not have discarded the slip at all - she may never have seen it. In fact any number of other options are possible. But you've chosen to fabricate phone conversations and make numerous assumptions just so you can have a go at them. Why?
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Mar 17, 10:43 PM
    • 4,598 Posts
    • 9,216 Thanks
    marliepanda
    In this post you've made up an entire phone conversation for the sole purpose of claiming the OPs daughter 'wasn't bright enough'. Why do you feel the need to try and be hurtful about someone like that?

They clearly said it was a text message, not a phone conversation. The message could easily have just said "Are you expecting a parcel delivery today?" The daughter may not have discarded the slip at all - she may never have seen it. In fact any number of other options are possible. But you've chosen to fabricate phone conversations and make numerous assumptions just so you can have a go at them. Why?
    Originally posted by ThumbRemote
    Because the op is going off on one because Hermes left a parcel in the garage which her daughter found. Calling them a ****** company because they, erm, oh actually delivered the parcel fine.

She's made an elaborate deal out of them not communicating properly when in fact they did it absolutely fine. They delivered the parcel to her daughter who received it.

The fact that neither Mum nor daughter thought beyond what they assumed speaks volumes. The crux of it a parcel was delivered properly, and someone decided to chase up a random calling card despite not expecting anything and not actually checking properly with family before calling and going online with a company.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 10th Mar 17, 4:21 AM
    • 20,186 Posts
    • 12,452 Thanks
    dacouch
    My recent deliveries from Hermes have resulted in an email from the retailer saying your parcel has been left in your shed.

Perhaps the daughter received the same and retrieved the parcel
    • lady1964
    • By lady1964 10th Mar 17, 7:00 AM
    • 769 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    lady1964
    Because the op is going off on one because Hermes left a parcel in the garage which her daughter found. Calling them a ****** company because they, erm, oh actually delivered the parcel fine.

She's made an elaborate deal out of them not communicating properly when in fact they did it absolutely fine. They delivered the parcel to her daughter who received it.

The fact that neither Mum nor daughter thought beyond what they assumed speaks volumes. The crux of it a parcel was delivered properly, and someone decided to chase up a random calling card despite not expecting anything and not actually checking properly with family before calling and going online with a company.
    I'll say it again for your benefit: the card said in the garage, our garage cannot be opened from the outside so therefore there was no parcel in the garage or shed (no-one can access our garden due to the locks on the inside of the gate). I text my daughter because she was out all day & I didn't see her until 10pm that night. Have you never had an unexpected delivery? I guess not from the way you responded.

There's no need to call my daughter 'not very bright' you don't know her or what she does to earn her living. Please don't make up events which didn't happen to make yourself look better.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 10th Mar 17, 7:38 AM
    • 4,598 Posts
    • 9,216 Thanks
    marliepanda
    I'll say it again for your benefit: the card said in the garage, our garage cannot be opened from the outside so therefore there was no parcel in the garage or shed (no-one can access our garden due to the locks on the inside of the gate). I text my daughter because she was out all day & I didn't see her until 10pm that night. Have you never had an unexpected delivery? I guess not from the way you responded.

There's no need to call my daughter 'not very bright' you don't know her or what she does to earn her living. Please don't make up events which didn't happen to make yourself look better.
    Originally posted by lady1964
    Why are you so hung up on the garage?

Your daughter managed to get the parcel from wherever it was absolutely fine.

Hermes delivered the parcel to your daughter and she got it. They did their job.

The fact you went on a wild goose chase for no reason is on you, not Hermes. If your text to your daughter didn't give her sufficient info to actually help you, that's on you.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 10th Mar 17, 8:23 AM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 4,807 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    Once again you make things up to suit your own agenda.

The OP admitted their mistake - post 9. However they criticised Hermes for poor information on the card (including the wrong location and no tracking number) and the lack of customer services to speak to. All very valid complaints.

Apparently when other people make mistakes you feel it's acceptable to lay into them for it. When you make a mistake in reading their posts you don't even have the decency to admit it.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 10th Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    • 4,598 Posts
    • 9,216 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Once again you make things up to suit your own agenda.

The OP admitted their mistake - post 9. However they criticised Hermes for poor information on the card (including the wrong location and no tracking number) and the lack of customer services to speak to. All very valid complaints.

Apparently when other people make mistakes you feel it's acceptable to lay into them for it. When you make a mistake in reading their posts you don't even have the decency to admit it.
    I see no mistake. I also do not see where the location was wrong. The daughter managed to get the parcel from the garage.

Hermes did their job properly. The fact a third party got confused isn't really on them.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 10th Mar 17, 1:31 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 4,807 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    I see no mistake. I also do not see where the location was wrong. The daughter managed to get the parcel from the garage.

Hermes did their job properly. The fact a third party got confused isn't really on them.
    You went on about the OP ringing the daughter then you fabricated a phone conversation, when the OP has stated they'd communicated with the daughter by text. That's been pointed out to you by myself and the OP.

In addition, clearly the parcel wasn't inside the garage as was written on the card. You've been told repeatedly that the garage doesn't open from the outside. So the daughter didn't collect it from there. It might have been outside the garage. It might have been in the porch. But we know that it wasn't in the garage. And yet you still repeat your own fictional version of events.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 10th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 4,598 Posts
    • 9,216 Thanks
    marliepanda
    You went on about the OP ringing the daughter then you fabricated a phone conversation, when the OP has stated they'd communicated with the daughter by text. That's been pointed out to you by myself and the OP.

In addition, clearly the parcel wasn't inside the garage as was written on the card. You've been told repeatedly that the garage doesn't open from the outside. So the daughter didn't collect it from there. It might have been outside the garage. It might have been in the porch. But we know that it wasn't in the garage. And yet you still repeat your own fictional version of events.
    Better than chasing a fictional parcel all day.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 10th Mar 17, 4:38 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 4,807 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    I think that proves my earlier point.

• Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 10th Mar 17, 7:57 PM
    • 6,064 Posts
    • 4,832 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    Secondly, there is no tracking number or any other details, like our name, address or date on the card.

So, I went onto their website and called the phone number, I entered the eight digit bar code, which isn't recognised. I went into their live chat but because I don't have a tracking number, I can't submit the request.
    Originally posted by lady1964
    I recently had a myhermes parcel go missing. My parcel shop myhermes receipt stated the barcode number could be used for tracking. It wasn't recognised on the myhermes site. Live chat wouldn't/couldn't help because I had booked the delivery through parcel2go.
    Parcel2go dealt with the missing parcel.

If I had received a myhermes card for a parcel booked elsewhere I wouldn't have known where it had been booked.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

127Posts Today

1,292Users online

Martin's Twitter