Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WALSHIE
    • By WALSHIE 4th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WALSHIE
    HSBC Resolver PPI Claim
    • 4th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    HSBC Resolver PPI Claim 4th Mar 17 at 11:45 AM
    Is it normal procedure to send complaint through Resolver then receive In post exactly same form from HSBC? Asking for all the information again,Is it advisable to fill this form in or will it just be done through Resolver. Or is this possible HSBC way of not replying through Resolver.. CONFUSED.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Mar 17, 12:23 PM
    • 88,375 Posts
    • 53,595 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 4th Mar 17, 12:23 PM
    • 4th Mar 17, 12:23 PM
    Is it normal procedure to send complaint through Resolver then receive In post exactly same form from HSBC?
    No. Although there have been other posters that have said that the receiving firm hasnt always received the full information in a format that they can read or the information is incomplete. If you filled it in thoroughly before then reply to them that you have already supplied the information.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Listener243
    • By Listener243 12th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Listener243
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    They did the same to me, it's delaying tactics. The resolver form is basically a FOS template, and HSBC know what they're doing. Keep on their backs via Telephone and emails
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    • 18,888 Posts
    • 9,035 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    it's delaying tactics
    Originally posted by Listener243
    Since there is no High Court case pending on PPI, why would any bank now employ "delaying tactics"?

They just want complaints on their own documentation.

Another reason to complain directly rather than through "Resolver".
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 13th Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    They did the same to me, it's delaying tactics. The resolver form is basically a FOS template, and HSBC know what they're doing. Keep on their backs via Telephone and emails
    Originally posted by Listener243
    What reason would they have for delaying responding? If they agree it was miss sold they pay more interest. If they reject it gets off their workload quicker.
    • purplegrape
    • By purplegrape 10th Apr 17, 9:16 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    purplegrape
    • 10th Apr 17, 9:16 PM
    • 10th Apr 17, 9:16 PM
    Bit late to the party, but this happened to me too. I just filled it in and sent it back since it came with a pre-paid envelope.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Apr 17, 10:32 PM
    • 18,888 Posts
    • 9,035 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Apr 17, 10:32 PM
    • 10th Apr 17, 10:32 PM
    Bit late to the party, but this happened to me too. I just filled it in and sent it back since it came with a pre-paid envelope.
    Originally posted by purplegrape
    Just forget "Resolver" and complain direct to the lender. Why involve a third party?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,092Posts Today

7,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin