Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tuesday
    • By Tuesday 3rd Mar 17, 2:27 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 34Thanks
    Tuesday
    0 WOW
    Low deposit holiday myth?
    • 3rd Mar 17, 2:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Low deposit holiday myth? 3rd Mar 17 at 2:27 PM
    My student daughter and her boyfriend booked a holiday paying a low deposit. She was given the date by which the holiday needed to be paid in full. They've now split up and neither wants the holiday. When she tried to cancel, she was told that they had paid a low deposit and if they want to cancel they will have to pay another £300. The invoice from the company only mentions the full balance being due.
    How can the company get away with this? If they are offering low deposit holidays, then the deposit should be low. There has never been any mention of any requirement to pay an additional deposit until now. Anyone know of the legal position?
Page 3
    • photome
    • By photome 1st Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 12,837 Posts
    • 8,309 Thanks
    photome
    That crowd-funding beggars belief.
    No wonder there's £0 money raised.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    only started 4 hours ago, he may get a fiver by this time tomorrow, if he is lucky.

he is trying the sympathy card re serving military and 6 kids.

wish i could afford to have 6 kids
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 3rd Dec 17, 3:04 PM
    • 1,537 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    That crowd-funding beggars belief.
    No wonder there's £0 money raised.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    There's still no donations, and he's lowered the target to £1000
    • photome
    • By photome 3rd Dec 17, 3:38 PM
    • 12,837 Posts
    • 8,309 Thanks
    photome
    would be good if tuesday came back and updated the thread as to waht happened regarding their low deposit as they have been active on the forum
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,248Posts Today

6,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin