Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Faye
    • By MSE Faye 3rd Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 146Posts
    • 55Thanks
    MSE Faye
    Driving to France? Check if you need a new emissions sticker to avoid a fine
    • 3rd Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    Driving to France? Check if you need a new emissions sticker to avoid a fine 3rd Mar 17 at 1:24 PM
    New rules in Paris, Lyon and Grenoble mean you're likely to need to display a vehicle emissions sticker when driving...
    Read the full story:
    'Driving to France? Check if you need a new emissions sticker to avoid a fine'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    See the latest news from MoneySavingExpertNews
    Follow the MSE on Twitter: @MoneySavingExp
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 1
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 3rd Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    • 6,086 Posts
    • 4,126 Thanks
    Reaper
    • 3rd Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    • 3rd Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    Great idea, I hope they introduce it for some cities over here.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 3rd Mar 17, 4:38 PM
    • 29,567 Posts
    • 18,692 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 3rd Mar 17, 4:38 PM
    • 3rd Mar 17, 4:38 PM
    And as per usual theres an unofficial site just like there is for the EH1C cards and passports so as the link says be careful with your money.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 4th Mar 17, 10:20 AM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 4th Mar 17, 10:20 AM
    • 4th Mar 17, 10:20 AM
    Hmm, my CO2 is listed as 0.200 but the form responds 'CO2 must only be in numbers'.

I've tried listing it as 0,200 but with no effect.
    • takman
    • By takman 4th Mar 17, 6:31 PM
    • 2,407 Posts
    • 2,017 Thanks
    takman
    • 4th Mar 17, 6:31 PM
    • 4th Mar 17, 6:31 PM
    Hmm, my CO2 is listed as 0.200 but the form responds 'CO2 must only be in numbers'.

I've tried listing it as 0,200 but with no effect.
    Originally posted by Biggles
    Your cars emissions will not be listed as 0.2 g/km. If you have an electric car then it might be zero, if it's a hybrid then it won't be less than 18.

But CO2 emissions are usually whole numbers and definetly won't be a decimal number less than 1!.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 5th Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 5th Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    • 5th Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    Your cars emissions will not be listed as 0.2 g/km. If you have an electric car then it might be zero, if it's a hybrid then it won't be less than 18.

But CO2 emissions are usually whole numbers and definetly won't be a decimal number less than 1!.
    Originally posted by takman
    Aha! I was looking (quite reasonably, I thought at the time) under exhaust emissions and assumed they were after the CO figure.

The CO₂ figure is listed right up with the car description and specs but I had never thought of looking up there; it's 171g/km.

Cheers for that.
    • kiddy guy
    • By kiddy guy 5th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    • 929 Posts
    • 1,116 Thanks
    kiddy guy
    • 5th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    • 5th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    Worth noting that its really unclear what constitutes Paris.

It does appear that its within the Peripherique, so outside of this in Paris suburbs you should be okay.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 5th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 909 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 5th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 5th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    I always find it quite funny that pollution problems seem to be able to be mysteriously solved by whacking on a new charge or tax which does nothing to reduce the pollution but does put a nice chunk of change in the council or government's pockets.

THey've conveniently chosen ages of vehicles which cannot apply that are going to be almost non-existent in number. I mean 1997 for cars, how many P and R reg cars do you see in the UK? 2000 for HGVS, they're usually well past end of life after 10 years and have been shipped to Africa for parts.
    • TrustyOven
    • By TrustyOven 6th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    TrustyOven
    • 6th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    • 6th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    And if you have a late 90's Japanese import car?
    Would it even have a Euro rating?
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£2040.32 / £10k) (20.40%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 6th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 1,492 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    And if you have a late 90's Japanese import car?
    Would it even have a Euro rating?
    Originally posted by TrustyOven
    If you follow the site in the MSE guide, there's an option for a registration certificate without a Euro rating.

John
    • bugslet
    • By bugslet 6th Mar 17, 7:55 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 26,147 Thanks
    bugslet
    Bag of fun when you have to register a fleet
    • redux
    • By redux 7th Mar 17, 10:32 AM
    • 16,879 Posts
    • 21,171 Thanks
    redux
    Coming soon for Lille (voted a month ago), Toulouse soon, Strasbourg from September ...
    • GeorgeHerts
    • By GeorgeHerts 8th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    GeorgeHerts
    I've had my H registration car converted to run on propane (LPG), which is low carbon. Can I get this to affect my Crit'Air rating?

London UK won't acknowledge it for its Low Emissions zone, unless the LPG system was installed when the car was built (mine is after-market). Why?

Geo.
    • Goldenyears
    • By Goldenyears 9th Mar 17, 3:16 PM
    • 279 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Goldenyears
    In Germany for their Green Sticker system it is possible to get once in Germany at one of their equivalent "MoT" stations if you have the registration document with you. Wonder why not in France? Still much more convenient to do it online though.
    • arles417
    • By arles417 14th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    arles417
    I'll be travelling through Lyon in May on route to Provence. I wont be stopping off there but l'Autoroute du Soleil (A7) and the A6 runs straight through the centre.
    Does anyone know if I need one of these stickers for my 1995 motorhome?
    Graham
    • kuba
    • By kuba 22nd Mar 17, 11:40 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    kuba
    I wonder how you can get such sticker for the car which is not yours (leased) and you do not have V5C for it?
    • Apodemus
    • By Apodemus 23rd Mar 17, 7:25 AM
    • 706 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    Apodemus
    I'll be travelling through Lyon in May on route to Provence. I wont be stopping off there but l'Autoroute du Soleil (A7) and the A6 runs straight through the centre.
    Does anyone know if I need one of these stickers for my 1995 motorhome?
    Graham
    Originally posted by arles417
    I reckoned I would get one just in case. There is a bend there in Lyon where a couple of times I have got stuck in the wrong lane and ended up off the Autoroute by mistake!

To me it's a bit like the Dart Charge, from 600 miles away how are you expected to know in advance about such a charge, and in amongst the high-sided vehicles it would be very easy to miss, or not understand the couple of signs. Consistency is needed on our roads so that a reasonable person can be expected to know the rules, not random conditions that apply differently in different places. [/Rant]
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 21st Jun 17, 5:01 PM
    • 7,600 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    We should also fine Johnny Frenchman 50 BRITISH GROATS - if he fails to display an "I love BREXIT" sticker in the front left hand window of their cars - at an exact distance of 7 3/16 inches from the edge of the glass !!
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 21st Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 14,710 Posts
    • 13,078 Thanks
    AdrianC
    I reckoned I would get one just in case. There is a bend there in Lyon where a couple of times I have got stuck in the wrong lane and ended up off the Autoroute by mistake!
    Originally posted by Apodemus
    It's a very small area of central Lyon.

To me it's a bit like the Dart Charge, from 600 miles away how are you expected to know in advance about such a charge, and in amongst the high-sided vehicles it would be very easy to miss, or not understand the couple of signs. Consistency is needed on our roads so that a reasonable person can be expected to know the rules, not random conditions that apply differently in different places. [/Rant]
    Well, given that there's enough bloody huge signs each side, and the Dartford Crossing has been charging since it opened in 1963...
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 21st Jun 17, 6:01 PM
    • 2,870 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    Johno100
    Well, given that there's enough bloody huge signs each side, and the Dartford Crossing has been charging since it opened in 1963...
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    1963! Surely its been paid for by now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,337Posts Today

8,006Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin