Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 2nd Mar 17, 12:10 PM
    • 217Posts
    • 53Thanks
    MSE Luke
    Meet your new Facebook friend the automatic savings app that lives in Messenger
    • 2nd Mar 17, 12:10 PM
    Meet your new Facebook friend the automatic savings app that lives in Messenger 2nd Mar 17 at 12:10 PM
    'While many of us may have 'friends' on Facebook we haven't spoken to in years, it's unlikely you're connected with a robot – though with the new wave of 'chatbot' tech, this looks set to change.'

Last edited by MSE Rosie; 14-03-2017 at 5:09 PM.
Page 2
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 18th Mar 17, 4:17 PM
    • 2,001 Posts
    • 2,863 Thanks
    Malthusian
    - On protection, your savings are ring-fenced from all operations. Meaning there is no need for FSCS because your savings are not lent out (like a bank would typically do with your savings), the money is fully reimbursed should anyone go bust.
    Originally posted by WithPlum
    If anyone believes this flagrant nonsense then Google "client money FCA fined" and see how many household names you can count.

The market that Plum is aimed at shouldn't be putting their money anywhere near something that is not FSCS-protected.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 18th Mar 17, 7:23 PM
    • 9,126 Posts
    • 6,269 Thanks
    masonic
    Well, I guess this had to happen sooner or later. The MSE brand is being leveraged here for marketing purposes well and truly to the detriment of its users.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 18th Mar 17, 9:20 PM
    • 87,716 Posts
    • 52,957 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Savers should avoid any option that does not have FSCS protection. Even mainstream investments get FSCS protection.

General rule of thumb is to avoid anything without FSCS protection.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • picks
    • By picks 19th Mar 17, 11:15 AM
    • 167 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    picks
    What a faaantastic app to laugh about: http://bill.ms11.net/Faaantastic.jpg
    • colsten
    • By colsten 19th Mar 17, 1:07 PM
    • 8,504 Posts
    • 7,095 Thanks
    colsten
    It will be the 12th of never before I will ever understand why MSE would want to ruin its own good name by promoting a non-FSCS protected gizmo.
    • martinthebandit
    • By martinthebandit 19th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    • 3,105 Posts
    • 5,295 Thanks
    martinthebandit
    It will be the 12th of never before I will ever understand why MSE would want to ruin its own good name by promoting a non-FSCS protected gizmo.
    Originally posted by colsten
    There'll be some profit in it, would be my guess.

Though unfortunately not for anyone daft enough to try and save any money using this MSE recommend thingy.
    Politics -
    from the words Poli, meaning many
    and tics meaning blood sucking parasites

(thanks to Kinky Friedman (or Larry Hardman) for the quote}
    • picks
    • By picks 19th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    picks
    There'll be some profit in it, would be my guess.

Though unfortunately not for anyone daft enough to try and save any money using this MSE recommend thingy.
    Originally posted by martinthebandit
    Yes I wonder how much profit MSE make from this faaantastic app?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,910Posts Today

4,228Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin