Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AD13
    • By AD13 2nd Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 10Thanks
    AD13
    Healthcare cash plan - pre-existing conditions
    • 2nd Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    Healthcare cash plan - pre-existing conditions 2nd Mar 17 at 10:51 AM
    Hi

Does anyone know of any healthcare providers that offer a cashplan that includes pre-existing conditions and if so, how much it is per month?

My partner spends alot on physio for a recurring back problem, and we thought it would be more cost-effective to use a cash plan, however all the ones we've found either exclude pre-existing conditions for physio, or only pay up to 50% of the session.

We're looking for a plan that offers 100% cashback for those who may have seen a practitioner in the past.

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 2nd Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 6,228 Posts
    • 11,234 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    • 2nd Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 2nd Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    No, I have Westfield and they have it as a term in my policy that they won't cover conditions diagnosed or investigated before July 2008 when I took out the policy.
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
    • AD13
    • By AD13 2nd Mar 17, 1:48 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    AD13
    • 2nd Mar 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2nd Mar 17, 1:48 PM
    Thank you - seems it's quite rare!
    • Alk
    • By Alk 13th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alk
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    Unite Health Cash Plan covers pre-existing medical conditions. I've spoken to them at length about it and there doesn't appear to be any catch.
    However, it doesn't cover 100% of the cost of physio, you can look into that on their website.

Also look at Benenden (who do cover 100% of the cost for physio), but you need to also add on the cost of being a Benenden member to their health cash plans. Therefore, it depends on your circumstances and what level of cover you would benefit from.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,475Posts Today

8,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin