Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • March2012
    • By March2012 1st Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 432Posts
    • 16Thanks
    March2012
    ID mobile phone issues please help!
    • 1st Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    ID mobile phone issues please help! 1st Mar 17 at 2:44 PM
    I bought a phone on a 2 year contract . It is normally a rate of £15.50 per month. at the time i took it out from carphone warehouse they said there was a cap of 50 pounds. i said well i woudl like a cap at 15.50 but they said they coudl not do this but maybe i could call later to get this sorted. I said no way i want to go over this amount. our child is quite it/mobile litterate so they said no problem she would get a message come through they woudl give her warning. in addition if we use wifi at home to connect we would have no issue

what has happened is i now have a bill of 90 poundswhich i am furious with. my child has said they ahve done exaclty as mentioned and we checked up on this which is correct too! but somewhere the internet has log on to their network when it should have gone onto the wifi (after long long discussions in the shop several calls later etc etc). also when i called up IDs call centre they said at their end the cap is 75 pounds. i said if 50 in shop how can it be 75 by the call centre and the bill is 90 anyway! plus we did not go over our minutes.

no one seems to be able to sort anything out. i checked the broadband provider and they say there is a fault on the line which they are now in the process of correcting and they coudl explain why it used the phone.

in addition when i went back to the shop they said the 50 only applied to the phone calls . not what i asked for!!!

please could you let me know what i can now do about this whole situation. we are thinking of going to trading standards too. but it is so long winded and we are so annoyed on a 2 year contract that we have only just started - we feel we would rather leave ID now. our child currently cannot use her phone due to this whole mess up at the moment! it just seems more hassle than its worth! I did also mention to the manager in the shop that his part timer said that the cap was at 50 pounds. any help appreciated. thanks!
    Last edited by March2012; 01-03-2017 at 2:48 PM.
Page 1
    • queenofit
    • By queenofit 14th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    queenofit
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    Use Resolver
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    Hi,

I have had issues with ID too and wanted to terminate the agreement. I used Resolver (linked to MSE) to start up an official complaint procedure and 6 weeks later I have finally got what I wanted. Worth using as provides templates and gives you timescales for when you can escalate to somebody higher up. I was going to complain to OFCOM but they won't do anything unless you have followed the official complaints procedure. Not sure about trading standards - will look into that as I am fuming.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 14th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 7,258 Posts
    • 2,224 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    Why? You said you have got what you wanted. In any case, Trading Standards are useless and it's not OFCOM but the Ombudmsna after 8 weeks.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 14th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 1,595 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    Rather than what was said in the shop, what is actually printed on the contract that you signed?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,121Posts Today

7,258Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @zimpaz: @MartinSLewis My wife is from ireland. Lived here for 8 years. We own a house and have a baby together. It's a worrying topic f?

• RT @maeday05: @MartinSLewis Sorry, but I'm feeling a little smug

• Today's Twitter poll: Should EU citizens living in UK's full residency & other rights be guaranteed now, regardless of Brexit negotiations?

• Follow Martin