Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vbuz
    • By Vbuz 28th Feb 17, 3:48 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vbuz
    Admiral Insurance, Offence?
    • 28th Feb 17, 3:48 PM
    Admiral Insurance, Offence? 28th Feb 17 at 3:48 PM
    A year ago i was on "Whats driving us?" course for jumping red light. However on Admiral only option to declare awarness course is "Speed Awarness Course" . I was not speeding, and i was on a different course. Do they care only about speeding courses? Do i still have to declare "Whats driving us?" course somehow if there is no such option?
Page 2
    • moneybags1957
    • By moneybags1957 9th Mar 17, 7:37 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    moneybags1957
    I left Admiral after they wanted to increase premium after FULLY resolved third part liability claim in a different car to that insured. Their statistics claim once hit from behind by another negligent driver you become cursed and must be more of a risk.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 9th Mar 17, 10:18 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 1,082 Thanks
    Car 54
    I left Admiral after they wanted to increase premium after FULLY resolved third part liability claim in a different car to that insured. Their statistics claim once hit from behind by another negligent driver you become cursed and must be more of a risk.
    Originally posted by moneybags1957
    I think they'd argue that you don't become more of a risk, it's simply that you've now proved you're more of a risk!
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 10th Mar 17, 3:03 AM
    • 20,009 Posts
    • 12,315 Thanks
    dacouch
    Youtr new insurer has almost certainly applied a similar load to their premium although it's likely to have been been negated by their new customers discount
    • moneybags1957
    • By moneybags1957 11th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    moneybags1957
    What ever happened to the concept of no fault accident?
    If I came round ,drunk, speeding , high on drugs and crash into your car while it is parked while you are indoors............ you become a greater risk.
    Just reinforced my low opinion of insurance industry, loyalty, a quality I value means nothing so become a new customer and get a discount paid for by the loyal mugs.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 11th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    • 13,186 Posts
    • 11,525 Thanks
    AdrianC
    What ever happened to the concept of no fault accident?
    It never existed in reality, and was only ever an attempt to deny what actually happened.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,158Users online

Martin's Twitter