Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lollybabe
    • By lollybabe 28th Feb 17, 1:40 AM
    • 38Posts
    • 11Thanks
    lollybabe
    Parking Eye help
    • 28th Feb 17, 1:40 AM
    Parking Eye help 28th Feb 17 at 1:40 AM
    Hi all, I received a ticket from parking Eye for overstaying in a 1 hour car park. I've followed the advice on here, appealed to Parking eye, was rejected and they issued a POPLA code. I sent an appeal to POPLA to the address Parking Eye provided on their correspondence and Royal Mail have returned it to me as an old unused address. I have duly forwarded the appeal to the newer address explaining what has happened. Although I posted it (for the second time) within the time frame it was not 'signed for' until the day after 28 day limit. I spoke to POPLA today and they've advised I get a new POPLA code from Parking Eye which I have requested today via email. This afternoon I received a letter from them stating I failed to appeal to POPLA and that they intend to take me to court if I don't pay the now 75 charge.
    I'm furious and not sure what to do next. Don't know whether I wait for a new POPLA code or does that put me at risk of not responding to intention of court letter in time or do I abandon a POPLA appeal and just concentrate on the possible court action?

I've double checked my paperwork and they definitely provided the wrong address to me.

Any help or advice gratefully accepted.
    Thank you
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Feb 17, 6:25 AM
    • 12,635 Posts
    • 19,424 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Feb 17, 6:25 AM
    • 28th Feb 17, 6:25 AM
    How long since the 28 day POPLA deadline expired? Why didn't you use the POPLA website to submit your appeal?

PE won't issue a new POPLA code by you requesting it from them. Never really heard of that happening in the past. You could ask POPLA to confirm what they said to you in writing, then there may be a very slim chance if you copied that to PE, but I'm not hopeful.
    PE are litigious and you may well get court papers on their way - defendable, but plenty of research needed, help available here.

Whose car park was it? Have you complained to the landowner/retailer/hotel/hospital etc?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 28th Feb 17, 8:15 AM
    • 9,873 Posts
    • 8,852 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 28th Feb 17, 8:15 AM
    • 28th Feb 17, 8:15 AM
    If their paperwork has wrong address, then send a complaint with evidence to POPLA and BPA. That alone should get you a POPLA appeal if it gets to court stage if not an outright win.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Feb 17, 8:50 AM
    • 12,635 Posts
    • 19,424 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Feb 17, 8:50 AM
    • 28th Feb 17, 8:50 AM
    I sent an appeal to POPLA to the address Parking Eye provided on their correspondence and Royal Mail have returned it to me as an old unused address.
    What address was shown on the PE paperwork? Was it that of 'old' POPLA, operated by London Councils?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• lollybabe
    • By lollybabe 28th Feb 17, 9:10 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    lollybabe
    • 28th Feb 17, 9:10 AM
    • 28th Feb 17, 9:10 AM
    Yes it was the London PO Box address.

I am kicking myself about not appealing online now. It was the 28 day period on 22nd and it was signed for on 23rd even tho it was posted recorded first class in 20th.

I have been unable to find out the landowner but will go into the nearby store and ask for the manager. Tempted to just pay it as I really don't want to go to court but I would struggle!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Feb 17, 11:04 AM
    • 45,816 Posts
    • 58,798 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Feb 17, 11:04 AM
    • 28th Feb 17, 11:04 AM
    If their paperwork has wrong address, then send a complaint with evidence to POPLA and BPA. That alone should get you a POPLA appeal if it gets to court stage if not an outright win.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    Do the above. Are you saying you posted it to POPLA (not posted it wrongly, to PE)?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• lollybabe
    • By lollybabe 28th Feb 17, 2:14 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    lollybabe
    • 28th Feb 17, 2:14 PM
    • 28th Feb 17, 2:14 PM
    Yes I posted it to the POPLA address Parking Eye had put on their forms which turned out to be an expired PO Box in London. I have forwarded the appeal along with the returned envelope stamped from Royal Mail stating 'expired address' and sent it to POPLA. I'm awaiting to hear back from POPLA today plus I contacted the store I was parked outside and the customer service guy is speaking to Parking Eye today and calling me back. Fingers crossed! I had emailed Parking Eye but I can't see them being in any hurry to respond to me.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Feb 17, 2:18 PM
    • 45,816 Posts
    • 58,798 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Feb 17, 2:18 PM
    • 28th Feb 17, 2:18 PM
    You need to complain to the BPA.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• lollybabe
    • By lollybabe 28th Feb 17, 4:04 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    lollybabe
    • 28th Feb 17, 4:04 PM
    • 28th Feb 17, 4:04 PM
    Okay, would you complain to them immediately or wait for responses from Parking Eye/POPLA?
    Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Feb 17, 5:00 PM
    • 13,981 Posts
    • 17,251 Thanks
    Redx
    I would complain to the BPA by friday morning at the latest, so wait and see if the people who will call back, call back (they never do)

so either tomorrow , thursday or friday , make the complaint (s) (usually by email) , if nothing has been done
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • lollybabe
    • By lollybabe 28th Feb 17, 6:37 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    lollybabe
    Good plan, thankyou! 😀
    • lollybabe
    • By lollybabe 15th Mar 17, 11:16 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    lollybabe
    Hi, just wanted to post an update. I contacted Farmfoods Head Office to complain about the ticket. They were extremely helpful and contacted Parking Eye for me. Within a week the ticket had been cancelled.
    Thanks for the advice to contact the landowner. I originally got in touch with Farmfoods to get the landowner's details but they kindly dealt with the ticket for me.

Happy and relieved! 😀
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Mar 17, 11:32 AM
    • 12,635 Posts
    • 19,424 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thanks for the advice to contact the landowner. I originally got in touch with Farmfoods to get the landowner's details but they kindly dealt with the ticket for me.
    Well done you. Landowner intervention is one of the surest ways of killing this dead, saving you the prospect of up to six years of uncertainty as to whether the PPC will instigate court proceedings, or just rely on debt collectors hassling you.

Good result. I've linked your case into the 'Successful Complaints ......' thread so others will know that FarmFoods will help.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 11:33 AM
    • 45,816 Posts
    • 58,798 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Great! Farm Foods have been good about cancelling these nasty threats before, I recall.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,990Posts Today

8,029Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin