Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abdull
    • By Abdull 27th Feb 17, 2:09 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Abdull
    Loading Bay - UKPC
    • 27th Feb 17, 2:09 PM
    Loading Bay - UKPC 27th Feb 17 at 2:09 PM
    Dear MSE,
    I need a support with my POPLA reparation against UKPC.

I have given a windscreen ticket by UKPC for parking on Loading Bay. I appeal to them and they refused and provided me with a POPLA code;

My main appeal was that they got the street name wrong on their CPN ticket. When I appealed to them I attached a copy of my Google location which shows that I was not on the street they are talking about on that date.

The loading bay is also meant to be free for 20 minutes, It does not say that on their signage but the security guards tell us. I lived the states where the loading bay applies for the past 4 years and I use to park there with those 20 minutes and leave whenever they try to issue a PCN, but this time I did not leave the loading bay on time and they issued the CPN.

I have looked most of the post regarding Private parking and I submitted my original appeal using the NEWBIES Blue statement with the evidence that the street name is wrong but they refused as expected.

I am now in process of preparing my POPLA appeal and I need advice on what to include.

- Windscreen ticket with the wrong street name
    - Their Images of the car and the signage are not clear as it was dark at that time.

Any details ground of appeal is appreciated. (I could not attach any file on this post as I wanted to share the images)

Many thanks
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 11:22 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,105 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I don't think you can use #3 because you have admitted who was driving in your first appeal, haven't you?

And the final point has the wrong PPC name, change APCOA to UKPC. And is '90 seconds' correct as the observation time in your case?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Abdull
    • By Abdull 13th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Abdull
    Hi, Coupon-mad,

I did not admit who was the driver on my first appeal. I appealed as the registered keeper with the NEWBIE template, however they have used my name on their refusal letter but did not say who is liable for this charge.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will correct the final point.

Please advice me on what to include and not to include on this POPLA apeal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 17, 1:25 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,105 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Looks fine to go, then!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Abdull
    • By Abdull 4th Apr 17, 12:46 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Abdull
    Hi MSE,

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this forum for fighting against those greedy Private Parking companies.
    using this forum helped me to win a PCN from UKPC ltd on a loading bay. I used the templated provided and now my appeal is successful.

I now received an email from POPLA as following;

" Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference xxxxxxxx.

UK Parking Control Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team "

Thanks everyone.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 17, 2:05 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,105 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Course they did! Threw in the towel as expected.

Well done for taking that leap of faith in our advice, it works!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

2,656Users online

Martin's Twitter