Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    • 3,220Posts
    • 26,992Thanks
    shala_moo
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017 26th Feb 17 at 5:02 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 26-02-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 75
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 20th Apr 17, 11:40 PM
    • 1,710 Posts
    • 14,171 Thanks
    wizkid1
    I am late again with my Fridays menu plan but here it is now...

Breakfast ....porridge A/B mixed berries .

Lunch.salmon salad.Beetroot, light salad cream.2 syns bread. 6 syns

Dinner.. fish s/w chips, peas,lemon. Banana.

Extra F f yoghurt, 2 Ryvita and butter. Or laughing cow 6 syns
    Syns 14 syns

Will post any losses tomorrow.
    • Missli
    • By Missli 21st Apr 17, 6:42 AM
    • 7,084 Posts
    • 16,554 Thanks
    Missli
    Agree with everything Maman has posted.

Missli - no, you're not better off going for 5 syns a day at the moment as you've only just started. Try to make your meals low syn so it leaves your syns available for treats - whether that be chocolate, sweets, biscuits or wine. It's best to stick at the top end of syns to start with as it gives you somewhere to cut back later on if your plateau with your losses.

So it was WI for me this morning and not very happy with a STS as I checked my weekly syns as was under the 105 so expected a small loss of 1/2lb which would have been perfect and got me back into target range; but no matter just need to try again this week although after today it might be a bit difficult!
    Originally posted by joedenise
    You deserved those wine syns when you got home denise .

missli , the reason many of us have few or no syns some days is because we save them up for weekends. I'd agree with denise that you should have your 105 syns every week. You can always cut back if needed.

There's no problem using your syns for whatever you want. If you enjoy the M&S salad and cookies then that's fine. Some people like to save up others like a treat every day. You can choose.
    Originally posted by maman
    Thank you both joedenise and maman. I will take my full allowance then, but take into consideration weekends. I do like savoury as much as if not more than sweet, but will try just to have for one meal, saving the rest for treats.
    I do enjoy seeing what others are eating on here.
    • ali-t
    • By ali-t 21st Apr 17, 7:18 AM
    • 3,699 Posts
    • 6,229 Thanks
    ali-t
    Piglet, have a browse on pinterest for scan bran cakes etc. I find loads on there that i never find with usual internet searches.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 21st Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    • 4,878 Posts
    • 32,665 Thanks
    joedenise
    Today is a new day and the line has been drawn ------------------.

At hospital this morning with DH so everything has been planned and prepped (as far as possible).

Today's plan:

B - bacon, tomato, spinach & mushroom sandwich; spread with LTL mayo (HEB + 0.5)
    L - sweet chilli prawn noodles (3 syns for sweet chilli sauce but will make my own Free sauce if I get home earlier enough to save the syns!)
    D - chicken breast stuffed with garlic & herb flavoured quark wrapped in parma ham; chips; wilted spinach

HEA will be milk in tea throughout the day as usual.

Denise
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 21st Apr 17, 9:04 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 17,474 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    aw I've just had a DM to say I've got my 10 year anniversary badge which means I joined this forum at 16/17 years old and everyone here has been so kind and supportive through everything from losing weight, moving house and getting married as well as having littlie. I do believe I have made some friends for life

today I have had an 'off plan' breakfast as I was rushing. lunch will be a 3 bean burrito with my work friend so also over syns there. tea will be my heb toast with beans and hea cheese. will do finalising my online shop tonight - hoping I can find some Tupperware on there (or it's a trip to somewhere like Lakeland for some more as I want to start keeping premeasured portions of somethings in the fridge

happy Friday everyone
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 21st Apr 17, 9:21 AM
    • 3,430 Posts
    • 14,229 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Morning all

I'm a golf widow again this morning but absolutely determined, the pick n mix is off limits... I made a big pot of BNS soup yesterday so I've got something to look forward to for lunch.

One of our regular customers came in for a chat yesterday, she lost loads of weight last year with SW and knows I follow the plan too, sadly she has put 2 stone back on over the winter - her father died and she turned to comfort eating. I know how easy it is, I did it myself, and I tried to encourage her that she could undo the damage but it wasn't sinking in, it was like she'd given herself permission and had given up on the idea of being slim. Maybe I can motivate her by example.

Denise - so sorry for your loss. It's a sad fact that at our stage of life we're more likely to go to a funeral than a wedding. I think having one day off plan is completely understandable in the circumstances.

Missli - I'm another one that keeps daily syns low in order to use them for wine at the weekend, but I think it's important to identify what YOU will miss while following the plan. I know of people who aren't bothered about sweets, chocolate, wine or other sinful treats so instead they use their syns for healthy things like oil, nuts and seeds, avocado etc. It's a personal thing but the idea is to avoid feeling deprived of the things you like.

Piglet - I tried scan bran many years ago when I first did SW and just ate it like crispbread - it was very hard work, I wasn't keen on the taste or texture and I've never bought it again since! I have heard lots of people who swear by it for helping with toilet issues but like Denise says, it needs soaking well.

Did anyone see the Porky Lights item on the One Show last night? It didn't put SW in a very good light IMO - their claims that Porky Lights were much higher in fat than stated were very exaggerated according to tests that have been done by the company that manufactures them and other independent testers. It seemed to be about whether the sausage was tested in its raw state or cooked according to the instructions, and with the latter the tests were coming out at 4-5% fat, not 19% as SW stated. SW have said that if the manufacturers provide further evidence of the fat content they will CONSIDER putting the sausages back on their database. It does make me question the relationship SW has with some food producers (Muller for example). I haven't seen any of Porky Lights yet, but I might give them a try if I do.

Have a great day everyone.

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
    • Ruthy1604
    • By Ruthy1604 21st Apr 17, 9:25 AM
    • 500 Posts
    • 4,829 Thanks
    Ruthy1604
    Morning everyone.

I've been off plan for most of this week - trying to make good choices, but plenty of treats. I haven't had a chance to read the thread but will try to get back on track from today.

Reporting in with a 0.5lb gain. Not too bad considering.

Todays Menu:

B: Cup of Tea
    L: Turkey salad, FF Yog & Berries,Melon
    D: Not sure yet
    HExA: Milk in tea
    HEXB: Not sure yet
    Last edited by Ruthy1604; 21-04-2017 at 9:36 AM.
    10lb to lose & keep off in 2017 3.5lb/10lb
    Save 12K in 2017 Number 74 £3500/£30000
    • PerthLady91
    • By PerthLady91 21st Apr 17, 9:34 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    PerthLady91
    So.. since last Friday’s weigh in first thing after waking up, I went for a Spa Day and enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with fresh scones and sandwiches and cakes, two full fat hot chocolates and a full fat Irn Bru instead of sugar free. For tea that night I had a takeaway pizza with a Ferrero Rocher milkshake. Over the weekend, I managed a full Thorntons Easter Egg (Fabulous Fudge) and the accompanying fudge (approx. 79 syns based on kcal info and SW website!), a crème egg, a few rogue bits of the kids’ chocolate and half of hubby’s Easter Egg too (It was a Thornton’s Revelations 30% less Sugar one…). Oh, and COUNTLESS bags of Mini Eggs! I have gone over on my daily syns on Sunday from dinner, Tuesday from sweets and Wednesday from Aero Mousse yoghurts. BUT I have been really good at every other meal, had lots more speed than normal, exercised twice this week rather than nothing previously and have tried to stay positive instead of worrying. Although listing it has made me appreciate how much I went over and could have reined that in! Flaming Easter!!

I had a sneak peak yesterday after my breakfast and looked like it could be a -1.5lb… stepped on the scales this morning and…. -1lb (blame that 0.5 lb on the large McDonalds meal and milkshake I had last night on my way to Edinburgh for a concert!!). I am REALLY happy with that considering the rubbish I have consumed this week! Going to try and be really focused the next few weeks - I have training at work so moving to 9-5 instead of shifts so no more weird eating times or being unable to fit in a workout a night because of shifts for the next four weeks!
    Starting SW Feb 2017 - Target to lose 4 STONE 8 LBS (64lbs)
    12 weeks down (21/04/2017) - 19 lbs gone forever
    • esmy
    • By esmy 21st Apr 17, 9:40 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    esmy
    Morning all.

1.5lb off for me this week, please Shala.

Not a bad week apart from a KitKat disaster yesterday, just to prove that I have no control over chocolate!

I'm now at my 'Club 10' weight had I stayed at group so I plan to treat myself with the £20 I've saved by not going. I need a couple of Tshirts for holiday in 4 weeks so that's what I'll get, and probably in the next size down.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 21st Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    • 1,244 Posts
    • 5,151 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit
    Lunch - Miso noodles
    Dinner - Tuna pasta bake

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - none
    syns - miso
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 36.5 lb
    Last updated: 16th May 2017
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 21st Apr 17, 11:10 AM
    • 995 Posts
    • 6,953 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Good morning

Another on plan day today!

B - Ham and egg sandwich (HEXB + 1 for mayo) and an apple

D - Tuna salad (2 for mayo) and strawberries. A mug shot.

T - Red thai beef curry, SW chips and rice. Finally found one without fish sauce in, so I'll see how that goes.

BM - Last minute prep for the birthday girl tomorrow, so a trek round town...
    • maman
    • By maman 21st Apr 17, 11:16 AM
    • 15,970 Posts
    • 95,316 Thanks
    maman
    Missli - I'm another one that keeps daily syns low in order to use them for wine at the weekend, but I think it's important to identify what YOU will miss while following the plan. I know of people who aren't bothered about sweets, chocolate, wine or other sinful treats so instead they use their syns for healthy things like oil, nuts and seeds, avocado etc. It's a personal thing but the idea is to avoid feeling deprived of the things you like.
    LL
    Originally posted by Lois Lane

Completely agree lois. I don't miss chocolate or sweets one bit so I prioritise wine.

Sadly your customer tells a familiar story. Hopefully you can motivate her but I think she can help you too. She can motivate you to be one of those that loses weight and stays at the healthy weight you want to be. I know posting on here and going to group occasionally keeps me from regaining weight. I'm determined not to be fat again.

aw I've just had a DM to say I've got my 10 year anniversary badge which means I joined this forum at 16/17 years old and everyone here has been so kind and supportive through everything from losing weight, moving house and getting married as well as having littlie. I do believe I have made some friends for life

Originally posted by lushlifesaver

Aw, what a kind thing to say. lush, if you just want tubs to save stuff in the fridge then I'd recommend those flat boxes (like take away containers) they sell in £ shop. I find them brilliant for the freezer too as they stack well. I don't think they'd be water/air tight enough for taking liquids to work though.

piglet, like denise I've never let a crumb of Scanbran pass my lips in 7 years either. Fortunately I've never needed that boost (never had Speed soup either). These often appear at taster sessions but I've never been tempted.
    http://www.theslimmingfoodie.com/ferrero-rocher/

I'm going to do my meal plan and shop today so will post proper menu later. I've had my SW breakfast (HEB porage) and could manage to scratch around for some lunch but otherwise the cupboards/fridge are bare.
    • Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 21st Apr 17, 11:40 AM
    • 6,737 Posts
    • 30,513 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    Good morning - a 2.5lb gain for me this week please Shala - no less annoying for all it is well-deserved. I really need to get my bum in gear because it's now effectively taken me 16 weeks to lose 5.5lbs. I'm hoping I can lose the last fortnight's 4lb gain this week to finish the challenge only a pound heavier than when it started

One of our regular customers came in for a chat yesterday, she lost loads of weight last year with SW and knows I follow the plan too, sadly she has put 2 stone back on over the winter - her father died and she turned to comfort eating. I know how easy it is, I did it myself, and I tried to encourage her that she could undo the damage but it wasn't sinking in, it was like she'd given herself permission and had given up on the idea of being slim. Maybe I can motivate her by example.
    Originally posted by Lois Lane
    Wow that really resonated with me, I feel like I'm sometimes resigning myself to how I look now, consciously or unconsciously.

Sorry to hear about your friend Denise xx

Just tried some chocolate porridge made with Alpro choc soya milk as seen on Instagram and it was lovely! I used way too much of the milk though which was quite 'costly' syn-wise,but I know for the future.

B - Choc porridge
    D - Crustless quiche - tuna, peas, spinach and cottage cheese, with beetroot and carrot salad
    T - Lamb and aubergine curry from latest mag
    HEA - Alpro milk
    HEB - Oats
    Syns - 1.5 for extra Alpro milk, 3 for normal milk in coffee, 3 for sugar in coffee, 1 for the ready-grated beetroot, 1 for curry sauce, and maybe 2 for some cheese in the quiche?

I'm staying on plan over the weekend rather than allowing myself to run amok as usual. Only following SW Monday-Thursday is clearly not working for me
    Be a Stunner for Summer Challenge: 2/10 (11/42 in total)
    Currently reading: The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet; The Subtle Knife AB (21/30 in 2017)
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
    • gingerfurball
    • By gingerfurball 21st Apr 17, 12:18 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 2,095 Thanks
    gingerfurball
    Hello all - had a peek at the scales this morning and see a small gain - but then again not surprising since I had such a completely off plan week last week. I'll post losses or gains when the next challenge starts.

I did the scanbran challenge once...it's where you are supposed to have the SB every day for a week with 2 L of water every day. I just ate them as crackerbread - boy! They were hard going - my jaw was sore from eating them! I actually gave up after a few days cos life is too short!

Food yesterday was:
    B: two boiled eggs and an orange
    L: chicken salad with all the fixins
    D: steak, salad and SW chips
    Syns had a glass of wine
    HEa milk in tea

Today:
    L: fitzgerald bagel thin with lettuce, turkey, ham, tomato and egg (do you guys have these bagel thins? They are a HEb here - they also do pita and wraps - they're yummy!!
    D: thinking probs spag bol
    Syns - watching the grandkids so definitely wine when they go to bed lol
    HEa milk in tea HEb the bagel thin I was talking about above
    Last edited by gingerfurball; 21-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 21st Apr 17, 7:07 PM
    • 4,878 Posts
    • 32,665 Thanks
    joedenise
    Back again! Today's plan didn't quite go to plan but no matter everything I've had was Free!

It was so late by the time we came out of the hospital we ended up going into Wetherspoons for lunch (about 2pm so much later than usual). DH had fish & chips and I had jacket potato, baked beans & salad with a diet tonic (all this driving is making me not drink at lunchtime if we eat out, so at least that's a good thing).

Dinner tonight was changed from chips to mash (mashed with FF yoghurt); sugar snap peas & wilted spinach. Have to say I was glad when DH said he'd rather have mash than chips, probably because he had chips at lunchtime!

May have the noodles tomorrow or may change it completely - perhaps a frittata or something similar.

Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 21st Apr 17, 7:23 PM
    • 15,970 Posts
    • 95,316 Thanks
    maman
    Was going to have chicken 'kiev' with cottage cheese tonight but bought one of the Aldi lamb rogan josh curries so decided to be lazy. Chicken moved to tomorrow. Tonight we're having curry, SW chips and microwave pilau. Hope I'll enjoy the curry as it's really low syn.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 21st Apr 17, 7:36 PM
    • 46,800 Posts
    • 552,248 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks for doing the chart, Shala - and well done on SOTW, Beanie!

Well done to all the losers this week , and welcome to all newbies...

Sorry to hear about your STS, bubbs - its disheartening when you've been good and the scales don't reflect that, but please keep going. You've done so well, so far - even if you average out your loss over 4 weeks, you must be thrilled with what you've achieved!

TIE - well done for going to the doctor, and don't worry about having the panic attack. In many ways, it was good that you had one in front of the doctor, because they can see exactly what you are going through...

Well, I weighed in this morning and it was a STS. Relieved more than anything because it certainly wasn't deserved - I have been bad and off plan most days this week... Easter Bunny chocolate, hot cross bun, wine, McDonalds (don't ask! ), and birthday cakes for colleagues at work - 3 different types of lemon cake...buttercream...lemon curd...icing...lemon drizzle syrup... Need I go on?! Its a wonder the scales didn't scream when I got on , so I realise that I was very lucky this week. However, I am also very aware that it can come back to bite me on my (not terribly small ) bottom next week, so I am going to try and be extra good this week, so that it doesn't catch up with me!!

Today's menu has been...
    B: Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs
    L: Creamy cheese mug shot (1½ syns) with a salad (lettuce, Chinese leaf, cucumber & spring onion)
    D: Keema matar from the SW Curry Club book (5% beef mince, onions, passata, tomato puree, chicken stock, garlic, ginger, curry powder, peas and a finely chopped red chilli) with orzo pasta, and a side salad of cucumber, tomato and red onion. First time I'd made it - its completely free and delicious, so would recommend it. And there's enough left over for us to have another meal...even better!
    Followed by chopped pear and fat free Greek yoghurt.
    HExA: Milk used in a White Choc Options (2 syns) - very luxurious to make it entirely with milk...
    HExB: Orange Choc hi-fi bar

Am just planning food for the week now, so will be back to post tomorrow's menu in a little while...I hope!

P x
    Originally posted by piglet6
    Thanks, oh i wont give up, but others have had choc, meals out, hot x buns etc etc and sts or put 1lb on...........jealous?
    Well done missli . Have you just made up your meal plan from what you've got in? Most of us try to buy in foods that are low syn, leaving the syns for treats.

That's irritating bubbs . You're right that bodies can hold on to fat if you don't eat enough. If you can't eat carbs, can you fill up on Speed and lean meat?

I really enjoyed my dinner. It was good to have some veg. Restaurants don't serve enough veg IMO.
    I usually eat alot of speed but didnt last week or drink enough water i think, problem is im away next week so expect to have a treat
    Hello all - had a peek at the scales this morning and see a small gain - but then again not surprising since I had such a completely off plan week last week. I'll post losses or gains when the next challenge starts.

I did the scanbran challenge once...it's where you are supposed to have the SB every day for a week with 2 L of water every day. I just ate them as crackerbread - boy! They were hard going - my jaw was sore from eating them! I actually gave up after a few days cos life is too short!

Food yesterday was:
    L: chicken salad with all the fixins
    D: steak, salad and SW chips
    Syns had a glass of wine
    HEa milk in tea

Today:
    L: fitzgerald bagel thin with lettuce, turkey, ham, tomato and egg (do you guys have these bagel thins? They are a HEb here - they also do pita and wraps - they're yummy!!
    D: thinking probs spag bol
    Syns - watching the grandkids so definitely wine when they go to bed lol
    HEa milk in tea HEb the bagel thin I was talking about above
    Originally posted by gingerfurball
    That made mei have never tried scan bread dont think i will bother
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 12 1/2 lb week 8
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 21st Apr 17, 7:56 PM
    • 46,800 Posts
    • 552,248 Thanks
    bubbs
    Was going to have chicken 'kiev' with cottage cheese tonight but bought one of the Aldi lamb rogan josh curries so decided to be lazy. Chicken moved to tomorrow. Tonight we're having curry, SW chips and microwave pilau. Hope I'll enjoy the curry as it's really low syn.
    They was on about those curries at class last night said there quiet spicy, i made slimming world curry with the frozen sauce from Iceland, hubby didnt even know
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 12 1/2 lb week 8
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 21st Apr 17, 8:12 PM
    • 1,710 Posts
    • 14,171 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hiya everyone, STS and I am not surprised again ! I need to pull myself together and give it a real good shot and get the last few pounds OFF.

My Saturday menu will be....

Breakfast... porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch..cheese A on toast 6 syns with an egg on top.clementine, pear.

Dinner...smoked cod loin B garden peas .

Extra walls light ice cream 1 tbsp 3 syns f f yoghurt. Jelly 0.5 syns.
    9.5 syns.
    • maman
    • By maman 21st Apr 17, 8:24 PM
    • 15,970 Posts
    • 95,316 Thanks
    maman
    They was on about those curries at class last night said there quiet spicy, i made slimming world curry with the frozen sauce from Iceland, hubby didnt even know
    Originally posted by bubbs
    The Rogan Josh was good. You're right it was spicy but that's how I like it. I'll definitely buy it again. There's only 29% meat so next time I'll roast some mushrooms alongside to make it a bit more chunky. I bought the last one off the shelf today so if they have more next week I'll get some for the freezer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,528Posts Today

8,634Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin