Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    • 3,236Posts
    • 27,130Thanks
    shala_moo
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017 26th Feb 17 at 5:02 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 26-02-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 33
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 19th Mar 17, 9:49 AM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 33,920 Thanks
    joedenise
    Lush - the Options white chocolate is only 2 syns not 3; the white choc winter spice is 3 but I assumed you meant the usual one.

Wiz - how's the weekend going without the pressure of a Sunday WI? Better I hope.

Piglet - I wouldn't worry about having about 50 syns it's quite possible to pull it back by Thursday. Both Maman and I use most of our syns over the weekend and then eat low or very low syn from Mon - Wed. I only get small losses but it was the same when I first started SW and stuck to 15 syns a day!

I'm going for a Green day today:

B - porridge (HEB1); strawberries, grapes
    L - HM asparagus soup; may have a slice of bread for a few syns as haven't any others planned at the moment; still need to tot up how many I've had so far this week!
    D - HM Goan prawn (HEB2) curry; rice

HEA1 & 2 will be 1% milk
    HEB1 - porridge
    HEB2 - 125g prawns
    Syns - WM bread 3? 50ml light coconut milk 2.5

Need to decide what other syns later, perhaps some dark chocolate (1 syn per square)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Denise
    Last edited by joedenise; 19-03-2017 at 9:51 AM.
    • chocomonsta
    • By chocomonsta 19th Mar 17, 10:33 AM
    • 454 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    chocomonsta
    Whoohoo, Chocomonsta, those inch losses are brilliant. Not taking my start measurements is something I really regret not doing but guess could still do it as would like to lose a bit more

Regards
    ATT
    Originally posted by abouttimetoo
    Yes do take down your measurements- they are really good to look back on and compare.

I have been a STS for ages now, but when I look at the overall weight loss and the inches lost it stops me from getting disheartened.

Also for me, I wanted to aim for a healthy BMI and a healthy waist measurement. I have also kept a belt and being able to put that on and see what I used to be really helps too.
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 19th Mar 17, 11:42 AM
    • 5,070 Posts
    • 168,476 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Morning all - I got the "Greatest Loser" award for our group yesterday which makes me so proud. Does anyone know how it works if the consultant has more than one group - does each group have a Greatest Loser, or is it across all the groups she runs?

I am struggling to get to target at the moment - had a gain of 1.5lbs yesterday, which means I've got 4lb to go. My target is set at 9st 12lbs and the lowest I've got to is 10st 0.5lbs which was last week. Am considering changing it?

Am off to Buffet Island (Chinese) today and it's difficult to go there and be good! Will hope to pull it back before next WI on Saturday!
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016 & 2017
    Woman of the year award 2016
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 19th Mar 17, 1:19 PM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 33,920 Thanks
    joedenise
    Abbafan - there's a Greatest Loser for each group not one across all your consultant's groups. It's still a fantastic achievement.

You won't be able to change your target by what you want just 7lb at a time, either up or down.

Denise
    • piglet6
    • By piglet6 19th Mar 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 5,621 Thanks
    piglet6
    Well done, Abbafan - that's an amazing achievement! Enjoy your Chinese, and I'm sure you'll be able to pull it back before Saturday.

Thanks for the encouragement, joedenise - I'm feeling confident about pulling back my syns. I only had ½ a syn on Friday, the 50 yesterday, and am planning low syn today (probably just a couple on salad dressing with dinner, either some extra light mayo or some Nando's garlic peri peri dressing - there's only so much fat free vinaigrette I can do! ), but am also planned meal-wise for the week, and its all pretty low, so barring any "accidental" bumps into alcohol or chocolate (!!) I think I should be fine. I'm feeling very positive this week - I really want this!

Right, today's menu:

B: Weetabix Crunchy bran (HExB) and milk (HExA)
    L: Tomato, onion & herb Pasta n Sauce, with added roasted veg (onions, mushrooms, tomatoes & courgettes)
    D: Cajun chicken breasts with potato wedges and salad (lettuce, Chinese leaves, cucumber, spring onion & tomato). Couple of syns for salad dressing. Pear & raspberries with FF greek yoghurt.

P x
    SW - 29½lbs lost in 2017...
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Mar 17, 3:03 PM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,864 Thanks
    tweets
    Lost half a pound

Well done to the losers
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 49,558 Posts
    • 573,968 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done tweets and everyone else
    When i first was reading and seeing WI i thought corr alot of people go to womens institute then i had a lightbulb moment
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • Ruthy1604
    • By Ruthy1604 19th Mar 17, 4:45 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 4,992 Thanks
    Ruthy1604
    Hi Everyone,
    After last weeks STS I have really tried to not cheat & have gone back to weighing HEx's

Yesterday
    B: Omelette with loads of spinach
    L: Jacket Potato with SW Curry Sauce & cauliflower
    D:SW coq au vin (0.5) with lots of veg on the side. FF yog, banana and 35g dried apricots (HExB)
    HExA: Tea with milk

Today:
    B: Omelette with loads of spinach + cherry toms
    L: An apple & Muller Yog
    D:SW spinach & chick pea curry with steamed salmon. Veg. FF yog, banana and 35g dried apricots (HExB)
    Ate 2/3 of a chapatti instead HExA : Tea with milk

I dont usually stick to plan at the weekends so I'm really hoping this makes the difference.
    Last edited by Ruthy1604; 20-03-2017 at 9:07 AM.
    10lb to lose & keep off in 2017 4.5lb/10lb
    Save 12K in 2017 Number 74 £9845/£30000
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 19th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 1,912 Posts
    • 13,822 Thanks
    greentiger
    Forgot to post, then fell off the wagon big time. Sigh. Or was it vice versa?

Well done on losses, jay (hello), HeticMum (Hi), Iloovefood (yoohoo), PerthLady, gts, tweets and Mwm.

tammy, I think there’s a facebook page about red/green plan.

Sorry you’ve been so unwell, whiplashy. Bet the rugby cheered you up a bit!

Congrats on getting “Greatest Loser”, .

Well, not posting menus just now. It’s my turn for a birthday this week. Dinner with DS and family tomorrow, then with DD and family on Tuesday (we couldn’t get a time this week that we could all do!) and next week is already busy. I’m also having a birthday lunch with a friend on Friday!

Off to make a stirfry with noodles and a bought sauce of some kind, for DH and I. I found a wee, lonely chicken breast in the freezer, so I hope there’s enough meat for us.

See you al tomorrow.
    Stashbusting 125/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 11/17
    Reading Challenge 16/40
    Film Challenge 27/52
    • LizzieR
    • By LizzieR 19th Mar 17, 6:22 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    LizzieR
    Not been very well this week and had to have antibiotics, so fairly happy with a maintain although my goal of 14lb is looking fairly unobtainable at the moment.... Still just gotta keep plodding on!
    • jayII
    • By jayII 19th Mar 17, 6:52 PM
    • 39,896 Posts
    • 106,331 Thanks
    jayII
    LizzieR I hope you feel better soon.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the hellos, for the warm welcomes and for all the advice.

Hopefully my work will be a bit less stressful this week and I can keep the unhealthy snacks to a reasonable level. I have 5-6 stone to lose to get to healthy BMI and I work long, stressful hours so I'm expecting this to be a long (and sometimes bumpy, lol) road.

Well done all the losers and STS. Commiserations all those who have gained--it's not an easy journey at times!

I hope you all have a good week.

29.7.17 Total debt: £18,848.14 / Int: £116.45 / DFD July 2019

1.8.17 Paid: £8,504.36 /
    Debt: £10,343.78 / Int: £0 / DFD Jan 2019 (last payment £345.70)

• Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 19th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 987 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    -2.5 lb for me this week Starting to feel more normal now but worried that it will be a gain next week since I'm back eating normal amounts of food again. It would be nice to keep it all off but 7.5 in two weeks is a bit too much me thinks.

Sorry you’ve been so unwell, whiplashy. Bet the rugby cheered you up a bit!
    Originally posted by greentiger
    It certainly did We've not had a very good tournament with 2 losses but it's always nice to get one over the mammoth England Makes sure we should get decent representation on the Lions squad too.

Congrats to all the losers this week
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 19th Mar 17, 8:10 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Back on track today after being naughty yesterday. Was out for lunch and then ended up getting chinese takeaway last night as I wasn't hungry when we decided that we wouldn't cook dinner but by 8pm me and hubby were hungry so ended up ordering.

Today has been a weird combo day as I'm not going food shopping until tomorrow night so was using up bits in the fridge!

B: Quark mixed with coconut choc shot (2syns) and raspberries
    L: Roast parsnips, carrots and onions and 2 hard boiled eggs (!)
    D: Chicken stir fry but using butternut squash noodles to up the speed

HeA: 300ml of alpro coconut chocolate drink
    HeB: 2 rocky road hifi bars

Syns: Choc shot ( 2 syns) and Kinder chocolate bar (6 syns)

Have been put on some painkillers by the doctors for my leg and hoping these won't cause loads of water retention. Also having to go for blood tests tomorrow morning and an x ray on wednesday. Doctor was a bit concerned by some of my other symptoms so am having to have extra tests, which is really concerning me as I've now convinced myself I'm dying and I need to not turn to old habits and start eating rubbish because I feel so anxious.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Mar 17, 8:19 PM
    • 46,774 Posts
    • 166,925 Thanks
    beanielou
    Abbafan~~If you are not at target yet why dont you change it to 10 stone (or 10 0.5 & that way you have you 3 lbs ebach way so could go down to 9 11 or up as far as 10 3.
    Food for thought.
    Well done on biggest looser
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 19th Mar 17, 9:17 PM
    • 3,434 Posts
    • 14,265 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Abbafan - there's a Greatest Loser for each group not one across all your consultant's groups. It's still a fantastic achievement.

You won't be able to change your target by what you want just 7lb at a time, either up or down.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    That only applies to target members Denise, Abbafan hasn't reached target yet.

Well done for Biggest Loser Abbafan.
    • Cazzaswfc
    • By Cazzaswfc 19th Mar 17, 9:33 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    Cazzaswfc
    Loss this week 1 pound

Bahhh, a loss is a loss but just finding it so hard lately!
    MFW 2017 No 41 £696.00/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034

Stunner for Summer: 3/14
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 19th Mar 17, 10:10 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 14,949 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hi Denise, everything seems ok at the moment it's different but I will get used to the Friday WI instead of Sunday when I can relax a little.

This will be my Monday menu plan..

Breakfast.. Bran flakes A/B raspberries strawberries blueberries

Lunch. Lentil and bacon soup ham and boiled egg salad beetroot. Melon.

Dinner..fish fillet s/w chips peas , carrot and turnip mash.

Extra. F f yoghurt, 2 crispbread inc butter 5 syns.
    5 syns.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 20th Mar 17, 7:21 AM
    • 1,485 Posts
    • 6,820 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Wow, I have a few days off line and there are 4 pages of posts for me to catch up on

Well done to all the losers, and hugs to all those that need them.

Not been a great long weekend for me. My meals have been fine, it's the in between bits that have been really bad, although I have managed to eat plenty of speed.
    I've got a cold and also it's the wrong time of the month, so I was just starving the whole time and craving chocolate.
    I gave in to the craving, and need to replace my daughters Easter Egg

___________________________ Line drawn under it!

Anyway, it's a Monday, back to work and back on plan
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - Chicken, jacket potato and salad
    Snacks - water melon

HA - milk
    HB - oats
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 50.5 lb
    Last updated: 1st August 2017
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 20th Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    • 3,434 Posts
    • 14,265 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Morning all

It's -2 for me! . That is so rare for me, I had to check the scales 3 times. Another 2 off and I'll be in the next stone bracket, and I'd really like to do that by next week as we're returning to England. I managed to gain 7lbs on the journey out so and I'm determined not to do that this time, but we've got a day of driving, a night in a hotel, a day in Burgos, and a night on the ferry so it's very hard to stick to plan.

Well done to everyone reporting in with losses however small, every ounce is a step in the right direction, however long it takes. I'm definitely on the scenic route, I've given up working out my weekly average! Those of you who have had big blips this week, try not to beat yourself up over it - life gets in the way, and sometimes you just need a blowout. The thing is to enjoy it, give yourself a pep talk and get back on the straight and narrow.

Have a good week everyone.

LL
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 20th Mar 17, 8:34 AM
    • 5,070 Posts
    • 168,476 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Originally Posted by joedenise View Post

Denise

That only applies to target members Denise, Abbafan hasn't reached target yet.

Well done for Biggest Loser Abbafan.
    Originally posted by Lois Lane
    Thanks Loislane - i was a bit confused by Denise's response tbh.
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016 & 2017
    Woman of the year award 2016
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,768Posts Today

5,403Users online

Martin's Twitter