Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    • 3,241Posts
    • 27,176Thanks
    shala_moo
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017 26th Feb 17 at 5:02 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 26-02-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 32
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 17th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1,855 Posts
    • 7,061 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    congrats everyone on your losses!

breakfast: poached egg and bacon with fat off - 2 syns for the oil
    lunch: scrambled egg on toast - 5 syns for the toast
    dinner: i have bolognaise (syn free!) to warm up as it's a late night at work
    HEA: milk
    HEB: hifi bars
    coffee is free
    Originally posted by leslieknope

Hi Leslieknope, hope you don't mind me asking (an no problem using your syns for oil) but how did you use the oil with the bacon and egg? just wondering whether there are any syn saving opportunities for you?

Regards
    ATT
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.9.17. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £89,226 (-98,417)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £57,226 (-35,435)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £32,000 (-62,982)
    Total daily interest 64p [a) £0.39 b)£0.25
    Total OP's:2017 target £TBC YTD £17,853
    • pixtotts
    • By pixtotts 17th Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 8,776 Thanks
    pixtotts
    sneaking in to report a much deserved +1.5 this week... OOPS!

Would love to say I'm being perfect and putting it right... but I'm out tomorrow night, and no wise choices to be had it's ALL burgers! Will be lovely though and back on it Sunday x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
    • piglet6
    • By piglet6 17th Mar 17, 9:20 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 5,621 Thanks
    piglet6
    Welcome Iloovefood and well done to everybody who's had a loss this week!

Well, today has been good - have stuck to plan...

B: Cheese (HExA) omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Cauliflower & horseradish soup
    D: Green salad with smoked salmon & a poached egg (again...but its delicious and its finished up the packet of smoked salmon!). Followed by stewed plums (HExB) and ff Greek yoghurt.

However, my beautifully planned day tomorrow has been skewed slightly by another last minute dinner invitation (to friends who are not remotely SW friendly!! ). I know its going to be a roast dinner (its to celebrate my friend's Dad's birthday, so there will be about 8 of us), but their roasts are not SW friendly because they like to make the veg "special" (think leeks that come in a cream/blue cheese sauce, red cabbage that is cooked with sugar and wine and spices, etc, etc). Plus, there will be roast potatoes/parsnips and huge Yorkshire puddings... That's before we go into a starter/pudding/birthday cake because its a special occasion! My syns are all accounted for (probably for the week) and then some... Sorry to moan - I feel like a miserable party pooper, and realise that I am very lucky to have such lovely friends who invite me, but I was so "in the zone" this week, I really didn't need something to knock me off track!

Anyway, I shall have to try and keep the rest of the week to an absolute minimum syn-wise, and hope for the best...again!!

P x
    SW - 29½lbs lost in 2017...
    • chocomonsta
    • By chocomonsta 18th Mar 17, 9:43 AM
    • 454 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    chocomonsta
    Quick question, please...

In Iceland today, the lady on the till gave me a Bonus card application form (& temporary card). Just having a read through the paperwork to see whether its worth registering, and I can't honestly see what the "bonus" is?! I presumed it would be like Boots/Tesco/Nectar where you get points for every £ you spend and they add up to be spent in store, but it looks like its a card I have to load money onto and they'll put £1 on for every £20 I add.

I don't shop enough in Iceland to make it worth getting free delivery for £20+ shops, so the only possible bonus is that it asks if I'm interested in Slimming World products (which is really the only thing I go into Iceland for, usually). Does anybody know what the extra SW offers are, and whether its worth signing up for?

I don't want to sign up for loads of pointless e-mails if its not worth it!!

P x
    Originally posted by piglet6
    Hi Piglet6, yes sign up for it, I think I only get 1 or 2 emails a week and they are often to give a money off voucher on your next shop for £1 to £3.50 so far. Sometimes they are a buy one get one free for Slimming world products too. This week they have sent a voucher for £2off any desert so well worth it. I think as well you can load the card with £20 and they give you £1 and if you spend over £20 you can get free delivery, not that I ever do . Hope that helps x
    • chocomonsta
    • By chocomonsta 18th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    • 454 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    chocomonsta
    Reporting a STS ...again

However, looking at my notes I have lost since August

8 inches off my boobs, 8.5 inches off my waist
    and 5.5 inches off my hips

and gained a whole new wardrobe so happy overall

skinny hugs to all and well done to all the losers!
    • piglet6
    • By piglet6 18th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 5,621 Thanks
    piglet6
    Thanks, chocomonsta - I will look forward to seeing what offers I get! Well done on that inch loss - I can't wait until I can say I've gained a whole new wardrobe... At the moment, the only thing that seems to be loose is my work trousers (and because of a "ban" on ordering new uniform at the moment, I am just belting them in wildly and feeling a bit like a ragamuffin - its a good job my top comes down over them to my hips and the waist isn't on show!! Without the belt on them, I don't need to undo the button or zip to pull them down, they just fall... )

Just about to sit down to a free brunch - SW sausage, scrambled egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and baked beans. That should keep me full until dinner this evening (we're eating early at about 6pm) and also frees up both healthy extras, in case I can factor them in (I'm sure cheese will feature somewhere...). If I do get peckish mid-afternoon, I have some raspberries which I will have with ff Greek yoghurt.

Have a good day, all!

P x
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 4,638 Posts
    • 34,384 Thanks
    joedenise
    Thankyou so much for your help. I hate to be a nuisance but on a green day how much meat am I allowed also is it 1 A and 2 B choices. It's just I remember having the laughing cow triangles.
    Thanks again I appreciate it.
    Originally posted by tammy61
    tammy - You are allowed 2 A and 2 B on Red and Green days. The amounts of meat are:

Beef or steak 95g raw 60g cooked
    Extra lean mince 95g raw 95g cooked
    Veal fillets 115g raw 60g cooked
    Lamb 85g raw 60g cooked
    Chicken 115g raw 70g cooked
    Duck 90g raw 60g cooked
    Turkey 115g raw 75g cooked
    Bacon 90g raw 55g cooked
    Gammon 90g raw 60g cooked
    Ham 90g raw 90g cooked
    Pork 100g raw 65g cooked
    Kidney (any) 135g raw 80g cooked
    Liver (lamb) 80g raw 60g cooked
    Liver (other) 120g raw 70g cooked

You can have 5 Laughing Cow Light Triangles as an HEA but not as HEB.

Denise
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 18th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 1,146 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Good afternoon all Paddy's day was an absolute flop for me Developed a stomach bug on top of whatever virusy thingy I have. Spent most of the day in the bathroom and beverage of choice ended up being dioralyte! That had originally been the plan for Sunday after all the partying Seems to have moved on again now thankfully. Having a duvet day today and enjoying a rugby marathon, though I suspect England will trash us

My skinny syrups arrived on Thursday. I haven't tried them yet but mum tried one of them and said they're gorgeous. Looking forward to trying them out.

WI tomorrow. Not concerned about it this week. I'll be shocked if it's not a loss!
    Last edited by Whiplashy; 18-03-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 18th Mar 17, 1:08 PM
    • 2,774 Posts
    • 6,197 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Lost another 2lb this week so a grand total of 2stone 6lbs.

It's taken me a long time to get that off (6.5 months) but I'm really pleased. I should start thinking about setting a target.

I'm still wearing the same clothes as I was at the start though I've promised myself a new frock for a black tie dinner we're going to on the 8th if I lose 3 stone.

Need to do an Internet shop which I'm finding has helped me not buy carp (I've even found I'm not eating hifi bars as much as I used to)

Have a good week everybody
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 18th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 14,749 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Afternoon all
    WI with STS, ok with that as not been the best eating week. Too much chocolate and crisps .
    Did supervise 2 school discos yesterday though so lots of jigging about with reception then Y1/2. It was Fun Force so more party games than disco. The body magic must have helped though

Bit miffed at being the only staff member there for both though, headteacher wasn't happy either! There was only him and 1 teacher supervising the KS2 one. I went home by then .

PTA members were there as they organise these events so wasn't completely on my own. Was noted by them though, especially when I also had responsiblity for a little boy with Williams syndrome as well as toilet runs. Was exhausted last night
    Doing as little as possibly today

Have a thin weekend all
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    • 4,638 Posts
    • 34,384 Thanks
    joedenise
    Don't think I've posted my menu for today:

It's a Red day:

B - bacon, egg, baked beans (150g - HEB1). Had mushrooms but overcooked them so couldn't eat them!
    L - seafood sticks, smoked salmon, prawns, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onions, pepper, fennel, tomato, 2 Ryvita (0.5 HEB2), 1 Laughing Cow triangle (1 syn)
    D - roast pork, 100g new potatoes (0.5 HEB2), roasted onions, roasted peppers, roasted fennel, cabbage, sprouting purple brocolli

HEA - milk
    HEB1 - baked beans
    HEB2 - Ryvita; new potatoes
    Syns - Laughing Cow 1; weekend wine

Denise
    • tammy61
    • By tammy61 18th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    tammy61
    Joedenise.
    You are an absolute angel. Thankyou so much for all of your help.
    I'm all set to go now thanks to you. I feel much more comfortable with this plan. Although as I said I have lost weight. Just seems more difficult to me.
    So thankyou once again. X
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Mar 17, 3:37 PM
    • 4,638 Posts
    • 34,384 Thanks
    joedenise
    No probs tammy.

Denise
    • Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 18th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 6,802 Posts
    • 30,978 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    I went top up food shopping today in slightly tighter than comfortable trousers and boy it did wonders for the willpower I sailed straight past the choc and biccie aisles, totally doing that again
    Originally posted by candyapple
    Excellent tip!

I had my first foray into the Two Chubby Cubs website yesterday Very bold but hilarious. I made the chicken, leek and sweet potato pie and it was delish, will deffo be exploring their other recipes.

Currently doing a spag bol as I have a 10 miler in the morning so I'm carb loading. I ran Parkrun this morning 30 seconds faster than I have all year - way off my PB but it felt like one!

I took the cat to the vet yesterday and got told off for over feeding her (she's on steroids and always hungry), so I've cut down her portion sizes slightly today and she's sitting staring at me looking ever so miffed. I know how you feel, pet! Dieting is hard.
    Lose 20lbs by 2018 (3/20)
    Currently reading: Piglettes (32/30 in 2017)
    September Grocery Challenge: £36.73/£250; NSDs: 1/15
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 18th Mar 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,855 Posts
    • 7,061 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    Whoohoo, Chocomonsta, those inch losses are brilliant. Not taking my start measurements is something I really regret not doing but guess could still do it as would like to lose a bit more

Whiplashy, glad your bug seems to have passed, what bad timing though. Have to say I loved your beverage of choice comment and when you'd really been planning to have it http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/laughing-smiley-014.gif

Gettingtheresometime, you made me laugh saying 6.5 months was a long time to get to your 2 stone 6 pound, loss. It took me over 18 months to lose that amount http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/laughing-smiley-014.gif

ETA, no idea why my smilies are not working properly, i'd do a bemused smilie but looks like that won't work either ;-)

Regards
    ATT
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 18th Mar 17, 6:57 PM
    • 1,855 Posts
    • 7,061 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    Excellent tip!

I had my first foray into the Two Chubby Cubs website yesterday Very bold but hilarious. I made the chicken, leek and sweet potato pie and it was delish, will deffo be exploring their other recipes.

Currently doing a spag bol as I have a 10 miler in the morning so I'm carb loading. I ran Parkrun this morning 30 seconds faster than I have all year - way off my PB but it felt like one!

I took the cat to the vet yesterday and got told off for over feeding her (she's on steroids and always hungry), so I've cut down her portion sizes slightly today and she's sitting staring at me looking ever so miffed. I know how you feel, pet! Dieting is hard.
    Originally posted by Tete en l'Air
    I love the TCC's Tete but not for the faint hearted 8 but you can always skip to the recipes if needed (I don't!) Have you read any of their holiday tales? They also have their books available on Am@zon and they have their own discount codes with Muscl3 Foods (not that I've tried it)

PS, think I read somewhere up chain you are addicted to Greggs lattes, oh my word, i'm with you there, there's not much I crave or can't resist but they're up there in my top two!

Regards
    ATT
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 18th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 1,855 Posts
    • 7,061 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    So last night I ended up having a 'late supper' with having a late lunch and not feeling like a proper dinner. I had a bowl of salad left in the fridge from lunch so dropped in some sliced beef and mixed it in and it was delicious

Today's menu:
    B: Bacon, scrambled eggs, fried mushrooms, onions, tomato and courgette with frylight and hot lemon water
    L: full plate of salad made with carrots, celery, cucumber, lettuce, red onion, red orange and yellow mini sweet peppers, radicchio, tomatoes and watercress. Had that with a slice of ham, turkey and chicken
    D: will be exactly the same as lunch as I enjoyed it so much!

Snacks, black coffee and NAS juice and can of zero coke
    HEA SS milk + 2.5 syns of more SS milk
    HEB's - no idea yet

Didn't set out to have a SP day but did set out to have a 'light' day. Don't know how many of you have tried SP but I once did a week. I lost a pound which is a good loss for me but can't say I'm a fan and i'm really yet to find someone who thinks a week or two of SP has been the best thing since sliced bread

Regards
    ATT
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 18th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 15,057 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good evening everyone, this will be my Sunday menu plan...

Breakfast..porridge A/B raspberries strawberries blueberries.

Lunch.. lentil and bacon soup. Ham salad clementine , melon

Dinner. Gammon mixed veg pineapple, f f yoghurt.

Extra 2 crispbreads with butter 5 syns.
    5 syns.
    • piglet6
    • By piglet6 18th Mar 17, 11:26 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 5,621 Thanks
    piglet6
    Just back from a lovely dinner with friends - have totted up the "damage" and I make it 50 syns (!!)...although I have erred on the side of caution and overestimated for some things to be on the safe side. But that was for three delicious courses and it was all scrummy, and felt like a real treat (which, of course, it was! ). So now I am straight back on track, pulling back on syns (and I don't weigh in until Thursday, so feel confident that I can pull those 50 syns back...).

Bring on tomorrow - I'm ready for it...I can do this!

P x
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 19th Mar 17, 8:56 AM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 17,745 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    I barely ate yesterday until tea time which is just silly I know!

today:
    breakfast: 2 wheat biscuits (own brand Weetabix but smaller) HeB with milk from HeA, strawberries
    snacks: seafood sticks, hard boiled eggs, kiwi fruit
    lunch: jacket potato with baked beans and salad (beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce)
    tea: not 100% yet probably baked chicken breast with a little mash, cauliflower, broccoli and sweetcorn

syns: hot choc tonight (options white - 3?) a sauce of some kind with tea
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,640Posts Today

7,326Users online

Martin's Twitter