Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 26th Feb 17, 4:02 PM
    • 3,188Posts
    • 26,651Thanks
    shala_moo
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 26th Feb 17, 4:02 PM
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017 26th Feb 17 at 4:02 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 26-02-2017 at 4:29 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 28
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,345 Thanks
    bubbs
    1/2 lb off for me which isnt great but better than i deserve.
    Originally posted by ali-t
    Its a block of butter, well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    • 45,763 Posts
    • 160,435 Thanks
    beanielou
    Welcome bubbs.
    A friend of tweets is a friend of o/urs
    Welcome to our lovely thread.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,345 Thanks
    bubbs
    Welcome bubbs.
    A friend of tweets is a friend of o/urs
    Welcome to our lovely thread.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thankyou she is lovely
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Mar 17, 5:54 PM
    • 45,763 Posts
    • 160,435 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thankyou she is lovely
    Originally posted by bubbs
    She is indeed

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 15th Mar 17, 6:31 PM
    • 1,793 Posts
    • 13,031 Thanks
    greentiger
    Glad you’re not missing out on your syns, maman – we keep being told we must make sure we have them!

Abbafan, that ‘Breakfast Topper’ sounds good. I may have to investigate.

Another tea drinker here, pixtotts. I have rhubarb and cream tea; strangely you can taste both of these! I don’t remember who made it.

Oh my, lantanna, you never have an ordinary day, do you!

Hi, bubbs, come on in.

Well done, ali, for loss.

Wednesday
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: ham, hard boiled egg, hexa cheese, tomato, melon, strawberries, pineapple (this seems more like lunch than breakfast, but I’ve gone back to basics and this is from the sample plan on website)
    Lunch: hexb chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, gherkins, spring onion, Light & Free mango and passionfruit yogurt
    Snack: hm raspberry & coconut cake (7)
    Dinner: steak & chips2 x hash browns (7) , mushrooms, onions, peppers, salad, tomatoes
    Snack: grapes

Syns: 14

Thursday’s Plan
    Pre Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: 2 hexb Weetabix, fruit & ff yogurt
    Lunch: salad, apple, chicken drumstick, ham, hard boiled egg, hexa cheese, chutney (1 ½ )
    Dinner: cottage pie, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage
    Stashbusting 55/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 2/17
    Reading Challenge 5/40
    Film Challenge 12/52
    Weight Loss +3.2/5
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 15th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    MissTeach
    -4.5lb for me at WI this week. Really pleased with that after being out on Saturday. Not quite got off all of the 6lb I put on over the past fortnight but close enough. Aiming to lose at least another 2lb next week to take me down to my lowest weight. I am least back down to my pre-xmas weight now so ready to get back on my downward trajectory!

Food today:
    B: melon and ham
    L: veg soup, pear, plum, weight watchers yoghurt
    D: Muscle food burger (1 syn), Chips (3 syns for oil in actifry), beans, mushrooms, onions, beetroot, gherkins, pickled onions

Will be having a hot choc made with alpro dark chocolate almond milk for HeA and 2 hifi bars for HeB in a while. Also going to eat the small slither of birthday cake that one of the kids in my class gave to me today.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,345 Thanks
    bubbs
    Glad you’re not missing out on your syns, maman – we keep being told we must make sure we have them!

Abbafan, that ‘Breakfast Topper’ sounds good. I may have to investigate.

Another tea drinker here, pixtotts. I have rhubarb and cream tea; strangely you can taste both of these! I don’t remember who made it.

Oh my, lantanna, you never have an ordinary day, do you!

Hi, bubbs, come on in.

Well done, ali, for loss.

Wednesday
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: ham, hard boiled egg, hexa cheese, tomato, melon, strawberries, pineapple (this seems more like lunch than breakfast, but I’ve gone back to basics and this is from the sample plan on website)
    Lunch: hexb chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, gherkins, spring onion, Light & Free mango and passionfruit yogurt
    Snack: hm raspberry & coconut cake (7)
    Dinner: steak & chips2 x hash browns (7) , mushrooms, onions, peppers, salad, tomatoes
    Snack: grapes

Syns: 14

Thursday’s Plan
    Pre Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: 2 hexb Weetabix, fruit & ff yogurt
    Lunch: salad, apple, chicken drumstick, ham, hard boiled egg, hexa cheese, chutney (1 ½ )
    Dinner: cottage pie, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage
    Originally posted by greentiger
    Thanks im just reading up, not starting yet will be next week i think, i have been diagnosed diabetic and see the nurse for the 1st time on Monday
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 15th Mar 17, 7:32 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 7,044 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    *slinks in*

Hi all, jeez, talk about going AWOL. Think I was last seen 3 weeks ago saying I was going to post my menus daily

Long story short, two weeks of a stinking cold, lots of working away, hotels, travel etc. So I've popped out the other end of that three weeks half a pound heavier which whilst not good is better than it could have been.

I've been trying to catch-up on the thread, nearly there now but belated birthday wishes to Shala and Maman and hope you're all doing well, there's been some cracking losses

Regards
    ATT
    Last edited by abouttimetoo; 15-03-2017 at 7:49 PM.
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.17. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £109,725 (-77,918)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £59,872 (-32,789)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £49,852 (-45,130)
    Total daily interest 75p [a) £0.41 b)£0.34
    Total OP's:2017 target £TBC YTD £0, 0%
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    • 45,763 Posts
    • 160,435 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great loss MissTeach

• abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 15th Mar 17, 7:39 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 7,044 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    Monday

B: Hot lemon water (got too caught up in work with an early start for anything more)
    L: bacon, scrambled egg, fried courgettes, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes and H£inz spag hoops, frylight
    D: I tried the SW chicken chow mein, quite nice but wouldn't rush to have it again. Had it with rice, FF yohurt and no speed!

HEA + 2.5 syns = skimmed milk
    HEB 2x ryvita hint of chilli = cottage cheese + 1 Aldi benefit apple & Sultana bar
    4 pints of water across the day
    total syns 2.5
    Last edited by abouttimetoo; 15-03-2017 at 7:50 PM.
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 15th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 7,044 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    Tuesday
    B: Hot lemon water - again too caught up in work & early start
    L: lovely fry-up of frylight, gammon, mushrooms, onions, pots & toms
    D: 2 bowls of chilli sweet pot soup with lots of carrots, onions and shallots in too

No HEX A or B
    4 pints of water across the day
    Snacks - French fries crips = 4 syns
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 15th Mar 17, 7:47 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 7,044 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    Today
    B: Bacon, egg and tom sandwich + HEB WM bread, hot lemon water
    L: parsnip chips, salad of carrots, celery, cucumber, onions, sweet peppers, toms, lettuce, watercress and radicchio with b1rds eye inspirations fish chargrills (1 syn) that I was trying for the first time (very nice!) and balsamic
    D: Slice of beef, turkey and chicken with salad the same as lunch with jacket pot, FF cottage cheese, houmous (1syn) norpak light (1 syn)

Snacks, can of coke (7) HEA skimmed milk + 2.5 syns
    2 pints of water
    total syns 14
    Last edited by abouttimetoo; 15-03-2017 at 7:51 PM.
    • abouttimetoo
    • By abouttimetoo 15th Mar 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 7,044 Thanks
    abouttimetoo
    Hi Shala

Late to the party again but can I join this challenge please. Can you put me down for 5 pounds please?

Many thanks
    Regards
    ATT
    • pixtotts
    • By pixtotts 15th Mar 17, 7:59 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 8,644 Thanks
    pixtotts
    Lois Lane I have my weetabix made with hot water so I always found the idea of fruit with it odd, not that I've actually tried it... I'll have to next time I have some strawberries and raspberries in. I actually did have it without sugar at first, then made the mistake of looking up how many syns sugar was lol, it's mostly habit weetabix with hot water and sugar was what I had before playgroup and school till I stopped eating breakfast all together.

greentiger that tea sounds good! weirdly enough I was actually talking to someone about tea the other day and they were recommending the same one I think!

todays meals ended up being chicken noodle stir fry for lunch, and creamy mushroom pasta that we won in the raffle from group, sooooo disappointing! Such a faff for something that tasted like any average pasta boo!
    I've sort of lost track of syns today so going to try write them here to work them out, 2 sugar, 1.5 for dutch crispbread, 6 for thins, Hifi 3, 2 for biscoff, more by luck than judgement 14.5 phew!

I had a go at making the houmous I saw someone post about in here I think... I caramelised some onions to go in it and roasted some garlic, I can't believe how easy it is to do! Ended up with 3 onions, and 2 cloves of garlic to 1 tin of chickpeas, onions were spot on, I'd definitely add another couple garlic next time though. Thankyou to whoever it was mentioned it

Oh and sorry back to the muller light talk, I froze one of the new /limited edition, melon and mango? :/ tastes just like sorbet <3 Took forever to scrape into mush and eat so ended up with half back in the freezer for next time
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
    • esmy
    • By esmy 15th Mar 17, 8:53 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    esmy
    STS for me this week, please Shala - still after that 1/2 lb to get my stone award. Out with family (20 of us at last count!) for a meal at a local pub tomorrow night but it's somewhere I know well and I should be able to make some sensible choices.

I was thinking of leaving group but I think I'll carry on for the next couple of months and see how I get on. The group is getting a bit smaller now so we're all done in an hour or so.

A few new recipes tried this week including the cauli and horseradish soup recommended here - I can't remember who recommended it but thanks - very easy and delicious. Although I don't post my menus here, I read everyones and get some ideas from them, so thanks to you too!
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 15th Mar 17, 10:25 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 878 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Finally caught back up on the thread. You lot have been chatty!

Delighted with SOTW I've never been to group so I don't get all the lovely shineys.

Still feeling dreadful. Don't know what to expect on the scales this week. I've not been eating much but what I have had is quiet synful Not looking very hopeful for Paddy's day partying this year Haven't managed to stay out of bed for longer than half hour at a time.

I have been internet shopping on my credit card to cheer me up I found a really nice bracelet on motivacelet.com. They do a range of "charm" bracelets but the charms represent 1lb, half stone and stone, so you have a constant reminder on your wrist of how much weight you've lost. Thought it might be helpful to control the hand going into the cookie jar

Also came across skinny syrups on offer. I've read about them online before but have never seen them on sale in Ireland. They're syn free. I got them from trkg.co.uk buy 4 get fifth free. The postage was a bit pricey but I'm presuming that's because I'm in Ireland. For anyone wanting to try them I have heard TKMax in the UK sometimes has them.

Congrats to all the losers so far this week and wishing a speedy recovery to the other sickies!
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 15th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 13,466 Thanks
    wizkid1
    I'm a bit late with my plan for tomorrow but here it is

Breakfast.porridge A/B raspberries blueberries,

Lunch Mushroom soup 2 Ryvita 6 syns inc butter melon

Dinner. Sausage 4 syns and mash mixed veg gravy2 syns Apple

Extra f f yoghurt.
    12 syns
    • pixtotts
    • By pixtotts 16th Mar 17, 8:37 AM
    • 814 Posts
    • 8,644 Thanks
    pixtotts
    Morning
    Weigh in day for me, after last weekend I deserve a gain but our scales were indicating it might be a tiny little one, going to try and have lots of water see if I can make that a maintain... fingers crossed!

Change from the usual weigh in food today we've no bananas or yogurts, how did that happen!?!
    So B - weetabix, (1) sugar
    L - scrambled egg bacon and tin tomatoes
    D - will be left over pasta sauce from yesterday, just need to whip up some new pasta for it.

Hifi (3) and banana snack at group and I need some more syns from somewhere so might finish off the bag of hobnob nibbles
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 16th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 3,350 Posts
    • 13,434 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Afternoon all (I just wrote morning and then checked the clock - lol)

Welcome to the thread bubbs and welcome back About time.

I'm still having tummy issues - I thought it was gone after Tuesday but after eating dinner last night I had awful indigestion and more stomach cramps during the night and this morning I feel bloated again. DH and I were going out for the day but we've postponed it just in case...

We're out tonight at DH's golf society dinner and dance so hopefully I'll be alright by then. I was going to wear my LPD (like a little black dress but purple) but it's not very forgiving of a bloated stomach so I might rethink.

How's your tummy Lush? Hope you feel better in time for Paddys day Whiplashy, I like the sound of the bracelet, I'll check it out.

Have a good day everyone.

LL
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 16th Mar 17, 12:10 PM
    • 3,188 Posts
    • 26,651 Thanks
    shala_moo
    hi all, just checking in from a misty Brighton.. Off to afternoon tea in a bit just waiting for the sister to come from work, no SW plans for me until Monday when I get back home!

I hadn't seen the melon, grape, strawberry pack Denise so thanks for mentioning it. I tried the breakfast topper one, and like you, wasn't keen. Will definitely try the other one though..

Hi bubbs, welcome to the board! x

Hope your day got better Lantanna

Will add you to the challenge att, welcome back

Hope you feel better soon Lois, nothing worse than going out when your not feeling your best x and hugs to you other poorlies too!
    Last edited by shala_moo; 16-03-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

704Posts Today

6,195Users online

Martin's Twitter