Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 26th Feb 17, 4:02 PM
    • 3,186Posts
    • 26,634Thanks
    shala_moo
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 26th Feb 17, 4:02 PM
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017 26th Feb 17 at 4:02 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 26-02-2017 at 4:29 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 21
    • lantanna
    • By lantanna 10th Mar 17, 9:53 AM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 18,410 Thanks
    lantanna
    I swear I'm losing inches as opposed to lbs. All of a sudden this week my clothes seem to be much bigger on me and I've only lost 8 lbs since xmas. Anyway I'm happy, long may the big clothes feeling continue!!

My scales indicate I'll get a sts or o.5 on or off tomorrow, but I'm ok with that as well as long as I get there over the next year or so.

Walked in this morning to a bottle of prosecco on my desk. It was from an employee for negotiating compensation on their behalf with our employer following an accident. So I was thrilled as its lovely when an employee acknowledges the work you do for them. Means so much more than getting anything from Management ( not that I ever do lol, just abuse)

Anyway that has perked me right up and a great start to the weekend!

The Prosecco is going into my wine stocks, haven't touched a drop of wine since coming back after hols at New Year. I will enjoy it when I've a good bit of weight off even more!
    Walking Challenge 2017 miles in 2017
    53/2017
    53 lbs to target

• lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 10th Mar 17, 9:55 AM
    • 2,164 Posts
    • 17,212 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    morning all,

happy birthday Shala

+2lb for me this week :/ back on it after a mope first thing. Got a bagel thin for my lunch (6.5 syns I think?)

tea I got some of the morrisons healthy sausages (brand that replaced nume? need to check syns) will have with veggies and either pasta or mash

got errands to run on lunch and a work event to walk to and from. hubs at tennis tonight for 2 hours so going to feed toddler then do my dvd then eat mine probably)
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • Matron Midge
    • By Matron Midge 10th Mar 17, 9:57 AM
    • 387 Posts
    • 3,328 Thanks
    Matron Midge
    Happy birthday darling Shala. Hope it's a good one!
    Went to class this morning and pleased to report -1 1/2LBS very pleased with that as I'm back in target range. I want to get to the bottom end though so will keep on plan.
    Menu today is :-
    He a milk
    Heb hifi x 2
    B hifi bars at class
    L sw chips, egg and pickles
    D chicken stirfry and noodles
    Snacks satsuma, Apple, options (2)
    • Ruthy1604
    • By Ruthy1604 10th Mar 17, 10:41 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 4,535 Thanks
    Ruthy1604
    Happy Birthday Shala.

It was a big fat +2lb for me at weigh in. I could have cried.
    Really disheartened but plan for today is:

B: ML FF Yog Tea with milk from HExA
    L: Skinnylicious Soup (2.5) Melon, Frozen berries
    D: Not sure yet
    Last edited by Ruthy1604; 10-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    10lb to lose & keep off in 2017 -0.5lb/10lb
    Save 12K in 2017 Number 74 £3500/£30000
    • lantanna
    • By lantanna 10th Mar 17, 11:46 AM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 18,410 Thanks
    lantanna
    Happy Birthday Shala!!
    Walking Challenge 2017 miles in 2017
    53/2017
    53 lbs to target

• candyapple
    • By candyapple 10th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    • 558 Posts
    • 3,835 Thanks
    candyapple
    Happy Birthday Shala

• Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 10th Mar 17, 3:25 PM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 13,423 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Afternoon all

It's DH's birthday today and we're going out for a meal later to an Italian restaurant. I'm driving so that will cut down on the Syns to some extent, but there will be a few extras consumed.

It's really hot here - 32 degrees - it's gone from one extreme to the other, and as much as I love the sun, it's just too hot to move. We were planning to go out for a walk but we wimped out. The forecast is the same for the weekend then it's going to drop back down to 17 degrees, so it will be like going from June to February in 48 hours.

Well done to the losers today and commiserations if you've gained, don't let it get you down, stick to the plan and it will work in the end.

Pleased to hear you're feeling slimmer Lantanna even if the scales don't back that up, and well done for staying off wine, that's definitely my bete noire.

Mad with money - the number of foods with sweetener in is surprising, but so is the number with sugar. I've been trying to cut down on both but I wouldn't be able to give them up altogether.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I think the weather in the uk is good too so make the most of it.

LL
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 10th Mar 17, 3:28 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHALA
    Make £10 a day - November 2012 £385.00/ £300.00
    October 2012 £177.20 / £310.00. September 2012 £263.23 / £300.00. August 2012 £367.00 / £310.00. July 2012 £312.86 / £310. May 2012 £354.26 / £310.00
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 45,745 Posts
    • 160,353 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy happy birthday dear Shala.
    Have a lovely day. Enjoy xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    • 15,596 Posts
    • 92,705 Thanks
    maman
    Happy Birthday shala and to your DH lois.
    If they share the cake it'll cut back on syns.
    to all losers and I'm pleased to say I'm one of them today.

3.5 lbs off and I'm back just below target. It's all because I had so few syns last weekend when I was feeling rough. I'm not saying that you need to cut back on syns to lose (I always had the maximum 105 when getting to target) but I've got lazy maintaining and don't measure HEXs any more so extras creep in.

It's my birthday on Sunday and my holiday next week is my birthday treat. Not sure what we're doing on the actual day yet, my own fault as I can't make my mind up.

cooked peas, lettuce & spring onions (it's a French side dish which is absolutely delicious)
    Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise

How do you cook that denise. It sounds like a good idea for when we have LO lettuce. My French niece does something similar with fried/softened onion, add a tin of peas and carrots (French love their canned veg) and heat through.

The Prosecco is going into my wine stocks, haven't touched a drop of wine since coming back after hols at New Year. I will enjoy it when I've a good bit of weight off even more!
    Originally posted by lantanna

Have you been alcohol free or having gin instead? I was wondering if I had some gin syns it would help me keep the syns in check.

tea I got some of the morrisons healthy sausages (brand that replaced nume? need to check syns) will have with veggies and either pasta or mash
    Originally posted by lushlifesaver

If they're the Eat Smart 70% fat, the pork ones are 1 syn but the Cumberland are just 0.5. Let us know what they're like.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Puffed Wheat, HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese, cornichons and pickled cabbage
    D: chunky chilli (with beef cubes), rice, SW chips
    Syns: weekend wine
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Mar 17, 4:23 PM
    • 4,675 Posts
    • 30,958 Thanks
    joedenise
    Change of plan at lunchtime as we were at Ikea so had lunch there. I chose the salmon fillet with pilaf, which was pearl barley with green beans, courgette & peppers in it, which I really enjoyed. It came with a hollandaise sauce with lemon & wild garlic, which I asked for on the side so didn't actually eat very much of it (less than a teaspoon so not bothering synning).

Still having the sea bass this evening so a very fishy day today!

Maman - I'll be using a JO recipe but without the butter & flour! Will also use less stock as it won't be thickened. Here's a link to the recipe - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/braised-peas-with-spring-onions-and-lettuce/

I haven't got little gem lettuce so will be doing it with some sliced romano heart as that's what I've got at the moment.

Denise
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 10th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    • 3,186 Posts
    • 26,634 Thanks
    shala_moo
    Evening, thanks for the birthday wishes. We ended up at the Rub Smokehouse in Birmingham.. has anyone ever been? its ridiculous food portions!! I had one of the smaller burgers with brisket but I was still stuffed, nearly feel asleep coming back on the train.

We called in at Tesco on the way home and they were collecting for the local food bank, we had a £10 gift voucher so went and filled a basket of shopping to donate. I'm hoping this balances out our pure gluttony from earlier in the day!

Hope you and OH are having a lovely birthday day Lois! enjoy your meal later x

for the inch losses Lantanna and well done all you other losers!

If they share the cake it'll cut back on syns.
    Originally posted by maman
    I didn't get a cake so i'm happy to share your OH's Lois

Great loss so near to target Maman..
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 3,845 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Quite impressed with myself. Managed to stick to plan despite lots of temptation. 3 syns for the whole day. Now just absolutely knackered. Think I'll be having an early night tonight.
    Living within my means and saving what's left

Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 28.5 lb
    Last updated: 7th March 2017
    • ali-t
    • By ali-t 10th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 6,070 Thanks
    ali-t
    Happy birthday shala xx
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 10th Mar 17, 6:17 PM
    • 2,164 Posts
    • 17,212 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    If they're the Eat Smart 70% fat, the pork ones are 1 syn but the Cumberland are just 0.5. Let us know what they're like.
    Originally posted by maman

thanks maman - they're the pork ones and I'd say they are really nice

I've sliced four up and mixed them with pasta (kids animal pasta as I'm sharing with littlie haha) peas, and sweetcorn. I've topped mine with beetroot pickled onions and red cabbage and 15g cheese for 3/4 syns (I think?)

well over syns today as I was given a piece of carrot cake at work and I had a timmermans at the work event (fruit lager type drink) but I've done 2/3rds of my dvd

going to have so little time every day next week as I'm working Monday instead of Friday and in Huddersfield all week as we have our first conference of the year to host! need to make a plan of action; i'm thinking do my dvd Saturday and sunday focus on food tues-thursday and maybe try and take littlie swimming for the first time on Friday (and do my dvd...and maybe go to the park too!)
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 10th Mar 17, 6:36 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Urgh, you are not making me miss teaching one bit!!
    Originally posted by Tete en l'Air
    I'm not sure anyone would miss it to be honest! I'm not sure how much of the new English curriculum I can put up with to be honest! I just need to get out of Y6 for a bit before I have a breakdown!
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 10th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Feeling good and seem to have my mojo back a little I think.

B: melon and ham and a flask of hot water and lemon
    L: Ham and egg salad, satsuma, pear, muller light
    D: SW sausage casserole from Iceland with sweet potato chips and butternut squash and carrots

No syns or healthy extras used yet so will be treating myself tonight with some kind of chocolatey goodness!
    • piglet6
    • By piglet6 10th Mar 17, 7:19 PM
    • 1,456 Posts
    • 5,135 Thanks
    piglet6
    Happy Birthday, Shala!

P x
    SW - 22lbs lost in 2017...
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 10th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 1,631 Posts
    • 13,431 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hope you had a lovely birthday Shala.

Why oh why do I always bu**er up my weekends I was so determined to do well and lose 2lb but after what I have eaten today and I know it wil be the same tomorrow it maybe a 2lb fan on Sunday I don't know what's wrong with me.

I will do my Saturday menu plan, whether I stick to it or not that is another matter.
    Breakfast.. porridge A/ B strawberries Raspberries

Lunch..chicken burger salad few chips.. clementine

Dinner fish new potatoes garden peas corn, few green beans banana.

Extra ff yoghurt 2 crispbread 5 syns inc butter
    5 syns.. I hope I can keep to it.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Mar 17, 5:09 AM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 3,845 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Out for a meal tonight so today's plan is to be as good as possible till then and plan before I go what I will have.

Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - fajitas but I won't have the wrap
    Dinner - something sensible

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - not sure yet

Know there will be syns but hopefully a controlled amount.
    Living within my means and saving what's left

Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 28.5 lb
    Last updated: 7th March 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,373Posts Today

5,511Users online

Martin's Twitter