Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rock_007
    • By Rock_007 26th Feb 17, 8:38 AM
    • 56Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Rock_007
    Noddle Credit Report- price comparison search administration review
    • 26th Feb 17, 8:38 AM
    Noddle Credit Report- price comparison search administration review 26th Feb 17 at 8:38 AM
    today i have checked my noddle credit report and i was shoked when i saw a credit search on my application by hitachi finances but i don't recall applying for any credit application with any loan company in the last 12 months, but i did search on price comparison on experian-credit matcher to check my eligibility (but that was soft search i think).

the search appears as follows............

Company: Hitachi Capital (Uk) Plc
    Hitachi Capital Uk Plc - Price Comparison - Hdd

Purpose: Administration Review
    Application type : Sole

The worrying bit for me is that the noodle doesn't differentiation in saying if it is a hard credit search or just a soft credit search and in the summary box it does says that 1 credit search in the last 30 days.
    does any one came across this kind of situation and if some one know if it is just a soft credit search and will not be visible to the lender if i go for a credit application in near future.

Any help/suggestions really appreciated.
Page 1
    • marty2be2000
    • By marty2be2000 26th Feb 17, 9:22 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    marty2be2000
    • 26th Feb 17, 9:22 AM
    • 26th Feb 17, 9:22 AM
    That is a soft search and not visible to any lenders.
    • Krystyna Nelson
    • By Krystyna Nelson 7th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Krystyna Nelson
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    Worried!!!
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    Do you know why these searches are being performed. Im concerned as it looks like someone is trying to get credit in my name.

I no longer live or am registered at the address they have searched against and am not on the electrol roll there, nor is my name spelt the way they have spelt it.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 15,465 Posts
    • 16,386 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    What searches? Are you the OP?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,312Posts Today

6,356Users online

Martin's Twitter