Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 25th Feb 17, 7:20 PM
    • 2,275Posts
    • 6,396Thanks
    melanzana
    0 WOW
    Is there a cruising thread on here? I've searched believe me!
    • 25th Feb 17, 7:20 PM
    0 WOW
    Is there a cruising thread on here? I've searched believe me! 25th Feb 17 at 7:20 PM
    I am sure I saw one ages ago.

OH would like to try cruising now, (I'm not so sure, but what the heck, if you don't try you never know).

So if some kind soul could link to a cruising thread, I'd be so grateful.

And of course if you have any hints that would be great too,
Page 2
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 17th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 970 Posts
    • 3,144 Thanks
    bazzyb
    You can remove it.

Go to the office the night before or on the day of disembarcation and get them to take it off.

No fuss.
    Originally posted by blindman
    The question was regarding service charges on drinks. There is absolutely zero chance of Princess removing these from your bill I'm afraid.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 17th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 4,867 Posts
    • 3,928 Thanks
    blindman
    It is just so confusing!

All inclusive but tips not included nor drinks.....

Yikes.
    Originally posted by melanzana
    The question was regarding service charges on drinks. There is absolutely zero chance of Princess removing these from your bill I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by bazzyb
    Must have read that wrong then.
    • springdreams
    • By springdreams 17th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 31,247 Thanks
    springdreams
    Must have read that wrong then.
    You did. Read post 17, which is where the question daveyjp and bazzyb answered arose ...

Hi. Just seen your post. I'm travelling with Princess in July from Southampton to Norway. Please can you help me as I have not received much info from my travel agent regarding the service charge added on when you buy a drink. is this automatically added on or can it be removed? I've seen on other forums that a drink can become quite expensive? Would love to hear you thoughts. Thank u
    Originally posted by Claireharper
    It helps to read the entire thread sometimes ...
    Last edited by springdreams; 17-03-2017 at 8:53 PM.
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    Originally posted by squeaky
    ☆.。.:*・ Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・
    SPC No. 518
    • blindman
    • By blindman 19th Mar 17, 4:09 PM
    • 4,867 Posts
    • 3,928 Thanks
    blindman
    You did. Read post 17, which is where the question daveyjp and bazzyb answered arose ...

It helps to read the entire thread sometimes ...
    Originally posted by springdreams
    I did -I was looking at the OP question and not the subsidiary one.

Tips in bars
    AFAIK-after our First and only (Alaskan) cruise are automatic.
    Only way to reduce this is to

1. Not drink
    2. Smuggle your booze on board.
    3.Go to the the daily "Happy hours"-usually 1/2 price drinks -still include tips though IIRC
    • travellerboy
    • By travellerboy 21st Mar 17, 5:07 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    travellerboy
    Use the US ones as they are way cheaper
    Those days are gone since the Brexit vote, now it is by far cheaper to book in the UK than using American TA's.
    For the best UK prices goto www.vivavoyage.co.uk and if you wish to compare current US agent prices goto www.americandiscountcruises.com they offer the best deals in the US.

The best main stream cruise lines without doubt is Celebrity which is streets ahead of the others. Thomson or TUI use old second hand ships and believe me it tells, you get a second rate cruise at slightly lower prices but just not comparable to Celebrity.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,442Posts Today

6,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin