Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • molit
    • By molit 24th Feb 17, 7:00 PM
    • 366Posts
    • 347Thanks
    molit
    Has anyone invested in hotel rooms
    • 24th Feb 17, 7:00 PM
    Has anyone invested in hotel rooms 24th Feb 17 at 7:00 PM
    I've been looking at the kind of scheme with guaranteed rental and buy back. It looks like a good return, but it almost seems too good to be true. I understand mortgages might be ""difficult" but other than that, have people actually bought one and seen a return?
    No longer an accidental landlord, still a wannabe millionaire
Page 3
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 1st Mar 17, 12:57 PM
    • 12,179 Posts
    • 10,694 Thanks
    jimjames
    Your link on the fca website is about cold calls in general and not specifically related to the sale of hotel rooms which is the subject of this thread.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    It doesn't matter whether the cold calls are about investment in storage pods, parking spaces, carbon credits or hotel rooms, the advice is the same - genuine investment companies do not cold call. There may be a very, very small section of the population that these investments are suitable for. It's not the person who comes here asking about them and if they are genuine and I can't understand why you are trying to legitimise such schemes.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • le loup
    • By le loup 1st Mar 17, 2:05 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    le loup
    And Ive given you another cheap thanks
    Originally posted by atush
    As did I but mine was more expensive as my first click on the button failed for some reason.
    • ashpan
    • By ashpan 15th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    ashpan
    hotel room/MBI?Northern Powerhouse
    Ive had a similar investment for 2 years initially with MBI Investment in an off-plan care home, they have recently written to me to say that due to new CQC regs the care home is no longer an attractive proposition and have offered to 'divest' my £51k into a hotel room next month or a Centre Parcs look-alike in south wales in a year or two
    I really would like my investment back now as ive lost faith in the company but dont now how to do this without it costing me a lot of money in legal fees
    Ive also posted this on another forum
    • dividendhero
    • By dividendhero 15th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    dividendhero
    I can see one big massive issue with these hotel room investments.

Let's say you own a hotel - 50% of the rooms are owned by you, 50% by outside investors. A guest shows up - who's room do you think the manager will put them in???
    • DERRYMUM
    • By DERRYMUM 30th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DERRYMUM
    Can I ask did you go ahead and invest in the hotel scheme or not? I am looking at the new Signature hotel investments for Belfast and am interested in finding out the "down side" from people who have actually invested
    • Gambler101
    • By Gambler101 1st Oct 17, 8:27 AM
    • 528 Posts
    • 1,292 Thanks
    Gambler101
    Can I ask did you go ahead and invest in the hotel scheme or not? I am looking at the new Signature hotel investments for Belfast and am interested in finding out the "down side" from people who have actually invested
    Originally posted by DERRYMUM
    If reading this thread doesnt put you off nothing will lol
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 1st Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 12,179 Posts
    • 10,694 Thanks
    jimjames
    Originally posted by DERRYMUM
    Usual question, if you are looking at exotic investments like this, have you already filled your S&S ISA completely this year and got a substantial portfolio of other assets?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,585Posts Today

7,581Users online

Martin's Twitter