Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ED209-2
    • By ED209-2 23rd Feb 17, 2:24 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ED209-2
    Problem with credit club : it does not show my credit score
    • 23rd Feb 17, 2:24 AM
    Problem with credit club : it does not show my credit score 23rd Feb 17 at 2:24 AM
    I registered with credit club but it doesn't display my credit score at all.

on the main page (dashboard) under experian credit score and MSE affordability score there is a question mark and this message :

Loading seems to be taking longer than usual. Please try again later.

why and what should I do?
Page 1
    • ashp
    • By ashp 23rd Feb 17, 7:34 AM
    • 407 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    ashp
    • 23rd Feb 17, 7:34 AM
    • 23rd Feb 17, 7:34 AM
    Not seen this before. Before contacting MSE I would check this is not a browser issue. Try logging in from another computer or on a mobile phone.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 23rd Feb 17, 9:11 AM
    • 12,728 Posts
    • 12,066 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 23rd Feb 17, 9:11 AM
    • 23rd Feb 17, 9:11 AM
    Tell you what, I'll give you a score of 999.

You can almost guarantee my number will be as accurate as theirs.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 23rd Feb 17, 1:03 PM
    • 615 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    • 23rd Feb 17, 1:03 PM
    • 23rd Feb 17, 1:03 PM
    Hi Sourcrates,

Thanks for getting in touch and trying out Credit Club.

We’ve had reports of a small number of users being affected by this problem and our techies are working hard to try and resolve this. We believe this problem might be that Experian are able to validate your identity, but are struggling to match you to your credit file.

We're aware of the issue and we're working hard to find out what's causing the error. Frustratingly this will mean that you won't be able to see your score, but you can still get your eligibility results via our independent eligibility checkers:

Loans: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligibility/loans-calculator/
    Credit Cards: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligibility/credit-cards/

Hopefully it won't be too long before your account is back-up and running.
    • Sportster
    • By Sportster 23rd Feb 17, 3:06 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sportster
    • 23rd Feb 17, 3:06 PM
    • 23rd Feb 17, 3:06 PM
    My wife had this issue, but she logged in again 30 mins later and it had rectified itself.
    • ED209-2
    • By ED209-2 23rd Feb 17, 3:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ED209-2
    • 23rd Feb 17, 3:56 PM
    • 23rd Feb 17, 3:56 PM
    just to update
    tried again today and the problem is still there.
    I've also tried different web browsers and devices and there was no difference.
    as MSE Dan L said, it must be a systematic issue sourced from MSE or Experian.
    I hope they can resolve the issue soon.
    I had no issues with Noodle or ClearScore.
    • wonkie
    • By wonkie 23rd Feb 17, 6:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wonkie
    • 23rd Feb 17, 6:20 PM
    Is this part of the same problem, I wonder? or a new thread needed?
    • 23rd Feb 17, 6:20 PM
    When going through Experian verification process, by the time I got to step "3 out of 3" at which point the system asked me to input my Credit/ Debit card detail in order to establish a link with Experian to identify me as the person who I say I am. However, it returns a message to say the name details entered do not match the "name on card"- this's been baffling me for hours. I have checked and re-checked the information on the card. I have tried different cards. I have also tried the same process using a different browser to no avail. Is this part of the same glitch I wonder? Can anyone, including MSE staff shed some light please !
    • EileenUV
    • By EileenUV 23rd Feb 17, 10:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EileenUV
    • 23rd Feb 17, 10:47 PM
    Credit score not showing
    • 23rd Feb 17, 10:47 PM
    This is also happening to me. Same message "taking longer than usual.....try again later"

Now 25th Feb and the same message shows when I log in
    Last edited by EileenUV; 25-02-2017 at 6:16 PM. Reason: Added another comment
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 24th Feb 17, 9:14 AM
    • 615 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    • 24th Feb 17, 9:14 AM
    • 24th Feb 17, 9:14 AM
    When going through Experian verification process, by the time I got to step "3 out of 3" at which point the system asked me to input my Credit/ Debit card detail in order to establish a link with Experian to identify me as the person who I say I am. However, it returns a message to say the name details entered do not match the "name on card"- this's been baffling me for hours. I have checked and re-checked the information on the card. I have tried different cards. I have also tried the same process using a different browser to no avail. Is this part of the same glitch I wonder? Can anyone, including MSE staff shed some light please !
    Originally posted by wonkie
    Hi Wonkie

I'm afraid this is a different issue. It sounds like Experian's system is identifying that the name on the card differs from the name you've provided when registering for Credit Club. Unfortunately this means that you wouldn't be able to use this card as part of the identity verification process.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 24th Feb 17, 9:18 AM
    • 11,659 Posts
    • 8,793 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Tell you what, I'll give you a score of 999.

You can almost guarantee my number will be as accurate as theirs.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    I make it 999 as well

We should charge for this service
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 24th Feb 17, 3:41 PM
    • 615 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Thank you for that, Dan! The name provided to register with "Credit Club" is the same as what's on my card. What would be the appropriate steps needed to rectify the issue? I cannot even go back to review my details. Every time I login to my "Credit Club" account, it goes back to the "step 3" of the identification. Any Ideas?
    Hi Wonkie

I'm afraid that once you've entered this stage it isn't possible to amend your details. This is in part to prevent a fraudster who'd stolen your card from continuously changing your info to try and get in.

I appreciate it is frustrating when you're (presumably!) the genuine person, but this is here as a protective measure.
    • wonkie
    • By wonkie 24th Feb 17, 3:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wonkie
    Hi Wonkie

I'm afraid this is a different issue. It sounds like Experian's system is identifying that the name on the card differs from the name you've provided when registering for Credit Club. Unfortunately this means that you wouldn't be able to use this card as part of the identity verification process.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Thank you for that, Dan! The name provided to register with "Credit Club" is the same as what's on my card. What would be the appropriate steps needed to rectify the issue? I cannot even go back to review my details. Every time I login to my "Credit Club" account, it goes back to the "step 3" of the identification. Any Ideas?
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 24th Feb 17, 8:31 PM
    • 9,885 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    chanz4
    so whats Experian making out of this deal
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • wonkie
    • By wonkie 25th Feb 17, 3:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wonkie
    Hi Wonkie

I'm afraid that once you've entered this stage it isn't possible to amend your details. This is in part to prevent a fraudster who'd stolen your card from continuously changing your info to try and get in.

I appreciate it is frustrating when you're (presumably!) the genuine person, but this is here as a protective measure.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Hello Dan! I can only assume the cause of it all is my name which is a long name and when I joined the "Credit Club" I used my full name to register. However, on my Credit Card my bank has abbreviated my forenames to fit it on the card. The system asked for my name as it appears on the card. So, as you can see it is not even a mistake on my behalf.
    Surely, there has to be a solution for the genuine person! If data is incorrect then there has to be a way for it to be rectified. I just cannot see how there are no other options. Frustration is not the point here. This is about something that needs to be put in place to deal with genuine faults and helping members' issues. If it has happened once, it is likely for it to happen again!
    Last edited by wonkie; 25-02-2017 at 8:08 PM.
    • christiem94
    • By christiem94 26th Feb 17, 12:49 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    christiem94
    I've had problems with credit club too.

Firstly I wasn't able to be verified by Experian, even though they had verified me directly for both a statutory credit report and their credit matcher service using the exact same details. I emailed and emailed about the issue and only ever received one back with a copy paste response of "we are unable to verify you. Are you registered on the electoral roll? Have you spelled everything correctly?" etc. The issue only resolved itself when I deleted my whole credit club account and re-registered (with the exact same details). It then had no trouble verifying me.

My current issue with it is that whilst I am able to login in on my phone with no problems, when I attempt to login from my laptop, I get a message to say that my login attempt was not successful. This has been ongoing for the last couple of weeks. I thought I must be going crazy and be entering the wrong password but I logged in using the same password on my phone and it logs me in straight away. I have no intention of emailing again due to the lack of response I received last time.

The idea behind the service is good and the information the credit club provides (when it works) can be very useful. However it has many issues and it does not seem there are adequate resources to solve them. But hey, this is just my experience of it thus far
    Last edited by christiem94; 26-02-2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: .
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 27th Feb 17, 9:29 AM
    • 615 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Surely, there has to be a solution for the genuine person! If data is incorrect then there has to be a way for it to be rectified. I just cannot see how there are no other options. Frustration is not the point here. This is about something that needs to be put in place to deal with genuine faults and helping members' issues. If it has happened once, it is likely for it to happen again!
    Hi Wonkie

Using different names on your accounts can cause some problems. It might be worth trying to delete your original account and re-registering with Credit Club using the name you use on your bank account.

Hopefully this'll work for you, but if not it may be worth checking on your statutory credit report (for a £2 fee) that all your accounts are being matched up. If not, you could ask Experian to add an alias to your report so that it knows to recognise you under the two names.
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 27th Feb 17, 9:34 AM
    • 615 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    I've had problems with credit club too.

Firstly I wasn't able to be verified by Experian, even though they had verified me directly for both a statutory credit report and their credit matcher service using the exact same details. I emailed and emailed about the issue and only ever received one back with a copy paste response of "we are unable to verify you.

My current issue with it is that whilst I am able to login in on my phone with no problems, when I attempt to login from my laptop, I get a message to say that my login attempt was not successful. This has been ongoing for the last couple of weeks. I thought I must be going crazy and be entering the wrong password but I logged in using the same password on my phone and it logs me in straight away. I have no intention of emailing again due to the lack of response I received last time.
    Originally posted by christiem94
    Hi Christiem94

I'm sorry to hear you're having some frustrating issues trying to use the site. On your first point, it sounds like you've been emailing an automated mailbox at Experian. I'm afraid it doesn't provide personalised responses to verification problems.

Credit Club's verification process works separately from other Experian services, so just because you're able to register elsewhere, frustratingly doesn't guarantee a pass on Credit Club. It's likely that there was originally a matching error somewhere which was initially causing the problem. However the techies both at MSE and Experian have been working hard over the past few months to improve this - great to hear you're now able to get in on your phone.

I suspect the laptop issue is caused by an unsupported browser or old operating system. Can you try downloading the latest version of Google Chrome and ensuring your operating system has all the latest downloads on it. Hopefully this'll fix things for you.
    • BootstrappistMonk
    • By BootstrappistMonk 12th Mar 17, 6:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BootstrappistMonk
    Hi,

Several months on I am still getting the 'Verification Pending' message -

"Thank you for your application to Credit Club, we need to do some further checks to confirm your identity. This helps to ensure the security of your personal information.

These checks will usually be complete within 2 working days, so please come back to review the outcome of your application."

At this stage is there anything manual I should be doing to expedite the process?

Thanks
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 13th Mar 17, 5:20 PM
    • 615 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    At this stage is there anything manual I should be doing to expedite the process?

Thanks
    Originally posted by BootstrappistMonk
    Please do drop us a note through to creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll ask Experian to try and get this resolved for you.
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 13th Mar 17, 6:22 PM
    • 531 Posts
    • 417 Thanks
    Rich2808
    Compared to my noddle and clearscore reports I don’t find this very complete or accurate.

My report is claiming I have no credit cards – I have several. It does report one of my current accounts – but only with Tesco which is not overdrawn nor reported as such. It reports 3 linked addresses - all variants of my home address - but seemingly cannot link them with all my current and credit card accounts.

My report also proceeds to inform me (see below) that my credit utilisation is high – even though the report suggests I have no credit cards or overdrafts?

Credit utilisation
    You're using quite a bit of the credit available to you. This may make lenders think twice about lending, as you may be over-committed. Consider whether you're able to pay off any of the debt you already have before getting more.
    Last edited by Rich2808; 13-03-2017 at 6:24 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,234Posts Today

7,418Users online

Martin's Twitter