Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 21st Feb 17, 5:40 PM
    • 84Posts
    • 52Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    Discuss the Flog Your Junk For Cash guide
    • 21st Feb 17, 5:40 PM
    Discuss the Flog Your Junk For Cash guide 21st Feb 17 at 5:40 PM
    We've written a guide on Flogging Your Junk For Cash and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Steve; 21-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 2
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 12th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    • 7,690 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Nobody will pay even a penny for empty toilet roll tubes !!
    I don't think that MSE lives in the real world
    • cherrylips76
    • By cherrylips76 12th Jul 17, 11:56 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cherrylips76
    1 mans junk is another mans treasure!!
    I've sold empty perfume & aftershave bottles £5-8each on ebay, somebody actually messaged asking if they could just buy the top of 1 of the bottles!! Over the years I ended up with a collection of 20 old mobile phones & various chargers some working some not, listed them on Gumtree sold in bulk stating they were "untested selling as spares/repairs got £45 plus extra £20 by asking the buyer if had any use for old untested electricals which were collecting dust in the shed he took them all, a printer, e-reader, digital camera, wifi router, portable dvd player most were missing the lead or plug and would of eventually gone to the tip. Other bits of junk found in drawers such as odd old buttons and broken jewellery sell for a fair amount. The list is endless really what junk items many people are willing to buy, where others just simply class it as junk and in the bin is where it belongs!!
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 13th Jul 17, 5:59 AM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 21,879 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Just seen the thread and want to add to the loo roll discussion.

I used to save my loo roll middles and donate them to my local village Primary School who were always needing bits and bobs for various things. One day I took some in and the teacher showed me a directive that all the County's schools had recently received from the LEA stating that, for health reasons, used loo roll middles should not be handled and used by the children.

Not sure if this was ever rescinded but Elf & Safety regs have taken a lot of fun out of life IMO
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-July: £3687.51 Aug: £250.75
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £3358.00/£5000. This is so hard but I will do it.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Balance now: £21808
    . Getting there
    • Greenqueen
    • By Greenqueen 13th Jul 17, 10:01 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    Greenqueen
    Yes, I work in childcare. We changed to only accepting rolls from kitchen paper that we can cut down, however I believe the "health and safety" ruling is actually an urban myth.
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 14th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 21,879 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Yes, I work in childcare. We changed to only accepting rolls from kitchen paper that we can cut down, however I believe the "health and safety" ruling is actually an urban myth.
    Originally posted by Greenqueen
    The teacher at the school I used to donate loo roll middles to showed me the actual circular that the school had received from their Local Education Authority. The staff were pretty annoyed about it as they used loads of loo roll middles in craft projects. Certainly not an urban myth in my neck of the woods
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-July: £3687.51 Aug: £250.75
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £3358.00/£5000. This is so hard but I will do it.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Balance now: £21808
    . Getting there
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

1,650Users online

Martin's Twitter