Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 21st Feb 17, 12:41 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 4Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    NCP Parking Ticket
    • 21st Feb 17, 12:41 PM
    NCP Parking Ticket 21st Feb 17 at 12:41 PM
    I have just come home to find a parking ticket for £100 reduced to £60 if I pay within 14 days from Stanmore tube station car park via ANPR. I was at the cat park in the day that is not in dispute, but I did not park the car there were no spaces so I drove around and around waiting for a space to come free. I was there well over half an hour granted, but no one got in or out of the car. we did miss several spaces as they became vacant as we were at the other end of the car park and there were several cars driving around searching for spaces, we eventually gave up and managed to park in a car park round the corner costing £10. I have appealed against the fine, but any advice what I should do now or where I stand will be very much appreciated. Thanks Mark
Page 2
    • markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 10th Apr 17, 9:45 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    I'm not ignoring NCP but they seem to ignore me, I haven't heard from them since they sent the original 'fine', this is where i'm getting stuck, I've tried to contact NCP three times but no reply, now I have a debt recovery company on my back ZZPS
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Apr 17, 9:55 AM
    • 12,141 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I'm not ignoring NCP but they seem to ignore me, I haven't heard from them since they sent the original 'fine', this is where i'm getting stuck, I've tried to contact NCP three times but no reply, now I have a debt recovery company on my back ZZPS
    Originally posted by markgjones_uk
    That comment of mine wasn't aimed at you Mark, but at someone else who had jumped in on your thread. This is why 'hijacking' is not allowed as it just ends up in confusion (as has happened here).

You have not 'ignored' NCP as you have made an appeal to them. The fact they have not responded is an issue you must bring up with the BPA - do that as a matter of urgency, as it could well see the end of all this hassle for you.

Ignore ZZPS.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-04-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 10th Apr 17, 10:29 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    I have emailed the BPA with the details, many thanks for your time, help and patience.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Apr 17, 11:24 AM
    • 6,272 Posts
    • 5,096 Thanks
    The Deep
    If you park in a private car park you enter into a contract with the landowner or their agent.

If you do not park there is no contract, whoever was driving, whatever the signs say, if there were no free spaces, there can be no contract, whatever their ANPR cameras say. no matter how long you were on the land. No park no contract, no contract, no debt.

Be as rude as you like, there is no debt.
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-04-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 10th Apr 17, 1:31 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    Thanks for everyones' help...I'm looking forward to this now, I will keep you informed.
    • markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 11th Apr 17, 1:24 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    reply from BPA

Thank you for your email.
    Unfortunately we do not have the authority as a membership association to request a parking operator to cancel a parking charge or recall it from debt recovery, as per the collection process. We are only able to investigate possible breaches of the AOS Code of Practice if evidence is received.
    Upon review of your email we can offer you the following information which we trust will be of use.
    If your appeal was submitted within 28 days of the date of the Notice, and has been received by the parking operator, a response should be issued within 35 days.
    A POPLA code is only issued by a parking operator if an appeal is rejected, and if the contravention occurred in England or Wales. The motorist then has a period of 28 days from the date of the rejection of the appeal to utilise POPLA. Once this time has lapsed, the option of POPLA is no longer available.
    If a charge remains unpaid, or appealed to POPLA within the required timeframes, the parking operator will then pass the charge to a debt recovery agent who will add their charges increasing the amount due and pursue for payment. This is per the collection process.
    I understand you have not received a response to your appeal, however, unfortunately, unless recorded delivery is used it is not possible to ascertain whether mail has, or has not been sent and or received by either party. As it is not currently a requirement of the Code that the operator send mail recorded delivery we cannot advise there to be a breach of the AOS Code of Practice.
    If an appeal outcome has not been received, it is necessary that the motorist contact the parking company and or debt recovery company now dealing with the matter to request copies of the relevant documentation.
    Please note that if a charge remains unpaid at debt recovery stage, it will be at the discretion of the parking Operator as to whether they choose to pursue the matter through the legal system.
    Should you wish to contest the charge further, we would suggest proper legal advice be sought. As we are not legally trained, we are unqualified to offer any advice in this area.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 17, 3:22 PM
    • 45,046 Posts
    • 57,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If an appeal outcome has not been received, it is necessary that the motorist contact the parking company and or debt recovery company now dealing with the matter to request copies of the relevant documentation.
    So that's a template fob off from the BPA; keep on at them.

You need to show the BPA you have tried to contact NCP 3 times, no reply. Ask what the BPA are going to do about that.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 13th Apr 17, 8:00 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    Received an email from NCP saying they sent a reply to my appeal rejecting my it, I checked my phone - all folders no emails, but checked my computer.......and there it is 23rd Feb and rejection....what do I do now????, have I messed up?? really need some good advice to boost my confidence to hang in and win appeal, I just want to be honest with you chaps as you have really helped, but there in the email they say I am allowed 10 mins to find a space and I spent 53 mins in there without paying. help
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Apr 17, 9:49 PM
    • 12,141 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You're well beyond appealing now. You just have to ignore anything that comes your way - such as powerless debt collector letters, like the one you've had from ZZPS (see newbies sticky section 4) - other than real court papers, and we've told you already the (un)likelihood of that.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Car_Parks.html
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 17, 11:04 PM
    • 45,046 Posts
    • 57,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's only NCP! Calm down!

Read all these, all the same, no worries with NCP:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5393907

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71439590#post71439590

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72198411#post72198411

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72227734#post72227734

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72321142#post72321142

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72316790#post72316790

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71922387#post71922387

After 6 months any real 'byelaws penalty' (which this is not) would be timed out anyway.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• markgjones_uk
    • By markgjones_uk 19th Apr 17, 1:09 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    markgjones_uk
    Had an email this time from them.

Good Morning,
    Thank you for your recent email.
    Please be advised that we have been instructed to pursue this outstanding parking charge notice on behalf of our client.
    Our client rejected your appeal on 23 February 2017 by email.
    It is now too late to appeal further and the full balance remains payable.
    Please contact the office on 01932 918916 to make payment.
    Thank you,

I will ignore and not reply
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

1,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin